ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Being Fired?

Certainly a lot of this is true. Christine miscarried very late in her pregnancy. It was a very, very tough time for the family.
And though the factors you mentioned played a big role in his staying at Florida, the bigger factors were his relationship with Foley and a passion for what he was building.
Donovan is a guy, who as I said, likes building and resurrecting. But he is also a huge relationship guy. He only left for the NBA when lured by Sam Presti -- a friend he inherently trusted, and a guy who had already hired a couple Florida staffers.
If Donovan ever does return to the college game, the same significance will be placed on trust and relationships when picking his landing spot.
Anyway, I've kicked the hornets nest with my suggestion and didn't mean to do that.
So I'll bow out.
How do you know what he really likes if he liked rebuilding he would not have back to back titles.

You stated he likes it how do YOU know what he likes ?

In fairness, fans on here state what Calipari likes, or how he thinks, or his motives, etc etc all the time and NONE of them have a damn clue about what really goes on with Cal and his players etc.

One of the most over-stated "Cal facts" is "Cal doesn't push them out the door, he provides his players with information and lets them decide for themselves". Yet NO ONE on here has any clue what-so-ever how he advises his players. Anyway...

Reactions: TheAnonymous13
In fairness, fans on here state what Calipari likes, or how he thinks, or his motives, etc etc all the time and NONE of them have a damn clue about what really goes on with Cal and his players etc.

One of the most over-stated "Cal facts" is "Cal doesn't push them out the door, he provides his players with information and lets them decide for themselves". Yet NO ONE on here has any clue what-so-ever how he advises his players. Anyway...

This is a good point, and I have also posted blind speculation at times.
I haven't here.

Last edited:
Wromanp7 posted on HOB on Friday that Pitino fired and would be made public soon. Four days have now passed and not a peep of this having any legs.

How much longer until it is made public?

Wromanp7 isn't wrong and it's not going to be released as fast as you'd like for it too. Just hold your horses be wait for the news.

Just to clarify I am his brother and heard it from the same source and yes it's a very solid one.

Wromanp7 isn't wrong and it's not going to be released as fast as you'd like for it too. Just hold your horses be wait for the news.

Just to clarify I am his brother and heard it from the same source and yes it's a very solid one.

Logged in under old account this is my main one.

Neither do those who say he pushes every player out the door who leaves. I personally think he does whatever he thinks is best for the player because I figure he has no reason to lie.

It is likely situational. Calipari told DaJuan Wagner to go into the draft while at Memphis. Wagner made 8 million dollars during a short NBA career after being drafted 6th. Sounds like a win for Wagner.

Reactions: brianpoe

You don't have to guess what Cal does. He tells you. He told us that he pushed Demarcus out the door, for example.

For other guys, he's brought them info and told them it's their call.

You don't have to guess what Cal does. He tells you. He told us that he pushed Demarcus out the door, for example.

For other guys, he's brought them info and told them it's their call.

I agree he actually does tell us a lot. He's also told us that the 2015 season wasn't about the title, it was always about getting 8 guys drafted.

So using your theory, that we don't have to guess because he tells us, are we to believe that he's not concerned with winning titles? I mean hell, he told us that it's not about titles.

I agree he actually does tell us a lot. He's also told us that the 2015 season wasn't about the title, it was always about getting 8 guys drafted.

So using your theory, that we don't have to guess because he tells us, are we to believe that he's not concerned with winning titles? I mean hell, he told us that it's not about titles.
I don't understand this post at all. What point are you trying to argue?

I get the feeling that you believe him about the not caring about titles but you disbelieve him about the pushing guys out (meaning you'd be selective for whatever is negative), while at the same time you're trying to pin me on either "he's always lying" or "he's always telling the truth".

Pretty odd, but I look forward to some clarification.

Reactions: brianpoe
Pitino is going nowhere. I want him there. His legacy is nothing more than stripper pole. Climbed to the top and slid to the bottom. Let him stay there.

However, if you close your eyes, cover your ears and hold your nose you might want him as your basketball coach. Jurich is getting ready to be painted with the same brush as Pitino if he lets him stay.

Wrong, players themselves have refuted this. He himself has said he has been disappointed in some of the early leave decisions. The joke of making Boogie and MKG leave has caused many to assume that is the case with all early departures.

Posters like you want to say this as much as UL and IU fans do. Of course you also were on the hate Diallo bandwagon.

Im shocked at the 180 you have performed lately but I figured your true colors show through eventually.

That what Joan Pitino says.

She's a peach....I will take Karen or Patti any day....Well not now since rottenpete has had em...jus sayin

Joanne-Pitini-Rick-Pitino-wife-pic.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeBeeHall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT