ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Being Fired?

The only reason now imo would be trying to save banners.
I don't think the NCAA sees any connection between Pitino and the banners. He only got 5 game suspension . Losing the banner is because of ineligible players. But yes, by all means, there are many good reasons to let him go. He's crazy not to resign and find an NBA front office job.

Should have no bearing on the banners. If they wanted to make that deal with the NCAA, they would have done it earlier as opposed to throwing the proverbial middle fingers at them the entire time. Plus going so public with the "we are fighting this" thing the entire time probably eliminates the Pitino-for-banners option as well.

This would have to be more credible to even qualify as fake news. Not happening. Now i am really bummed.

Here's this, FWIW. Saw a long-time acquaintance who's in RP's inner circle.in a restaurant the other day. When the guy with me asked what was going to happen with Rick, he shook his head and said it doesn't look good. When asked if he was gone, he shook his head again and repeated not good.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Maybe UofL submitted in their appeal that they would fire Jurich and Pitino to keep their banner. Just waiting on confirmation.

[winking]

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
In truth, I don't think he can be fired. Seems to me that there may be legal restrictions to firing vampires and zombies. All the illicit sexual stuff has happened since he has started looking dead. I'm sure the contract is applicable and restriction to living parties.

It would actually be kind of bittersweet if Pitino got fired. I mean, while I strongly dislike the guy, he rarely beats us, and he's great entertainment. What other coach could pull the Sypher deal and then follow it up with an outrageous encore that generated a 1M view thread?

It would actually be kind of bittersweet if Pitino got fired. I mean, while I strongly dislike the guy, he rarely beats us, and he's great entertainment. What other coach could pull the Sypher deal and then follow it up with an outrageous encore that generated a 1M view thread?

It'll be kinda depressing and hilarious at the same time if the new president canned Jurich, Pitino, and Petrino.

This guy has been through two of the most egregious sex scandals in CBB history. If they fire him now it will be a last ditch attempt to keep the banner hanging.

That's what I thought. They might fire him if they think it can save that precious title. I think it fair to say UL's the kind of outfit that's shown they'll thrown anyone in front of the bus.

Doubtful, but if true, Forde would have more egg on his face than a henhouse. He was just waiting for Cal to get in trouble.
Would be something if his daddy got canned for hookers and strippers leaving UofL on probation and stripped of a title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
I don't think the NCAA sees any connection between Pitino and the banners. He only got 5 game suspension . Losing the banner is because of ineligible players. But yes, by all means, there are many good reasons to let him go. He's crazy not to resign and find an NBA front office job.

He has tens of millions of reasons not to quit or fired with cause...

Reactions: wkycatfan
Here's this, FWIW. Saw a long-time acquaintance who's in RP's inner circle.in a restaurant the other day. When the guy with me asked what was going to happen with Rick, he shook his head and said it doesn't look good. When asked if he was gone, he shook his head again and repeated not good.

Really? Lol. Just how "connected" is this friend... of yours ?

Doubt this happens but if it did who would they end up with? Go with an interim for this season? Crean? Slim pickings this late in the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT