ADVERTISEMENT

Per Jones-Dancing Man Fell and dropped a little girl

It takes picking up a child, sliding her down a rail in the nose bleeds, and nearly killing them both before I will make it a priority - the fart.

Well, forgive me for not being embarrassed by a guy who gets up to dance during games. Yeah, he can be over the top, but I tend to find something like that far better than, say, oh - having your coach bang a skank on a restaurant table, or, maybe having someone from your program pay for prostitutes for recruiting visits.

That being said - it IS a safety concern. Those steps are steep, and there are people walking up and down them constantly. I would hate for him to have to sit, or "chair dance" - but would hate even more for someone to get hurt. For the safety everyone concerned, I hope they tell him to cease.

**ah, looks like they did. Sorry for the guy, but it's best for everyone

Last edited:
Well, forgive me for not being embarrassed by a guy who gets up to dance during games. Yeah, he can be over the top, but I tend to find something like that far better than, say, oh - having your coach bang a skank on a restaurant table, or, maybe having someone from your program pay for prostitutes for recruiting visits.

That being said - it IS a safety concern. Those steps are steep, and there are people walking up and down them constantly. I would hate for him to have to sit, or "chair dance" - but would hate even more for someone to get hurt. For the safety everyone concerned, I hope they tell him to cease.

**ah, looks like they did. Sorry for the guy, but it's best for everyone

I love the First Lady of cats illustrated speaking like one of the guys were wearing off on you lol

Reactions: Bkocats
Just heard on WHAS....because of the recent mishap. We are also not allowed to have sex standing up in the aisles because that is too much like dancing.

We are however permitted to walk with a bounce in our step but do not smile. Please keep your arms directly down to your sides. Wavy arms could be misinterpreted as dance. We must not show emotion because happy dancing leads to much bad stuff....like dropping children.

So we cannot do the horizontal mambo in the seats anymore? Just watch basketball? I think we might lose some fans to Louisville

They are considering a ban on "the wave" because someone might fall on their neighbor or accidentally throw popcorn.

Great...the crowd at UK looks like a nursing home convention as it is, but you stop the one guy who actually enjoy's his time there, and really gets in to the game.

I say give him the floor at half-time.

flash1.gif

Great...the crowd at UK looks like a nursing home convention as it is, but you stop the one guy who actually enjoy's his time there, and really gets in to the game.

I say give him the floor at half-time.

As is usually the case....its all fun and games until someone almost gets hurt.

At least this is our biggest issue to deal with as a university. We have a self imposed Dance Ban.....but can go to the big dance. I like our situation better.

Reactions: blubo
If he wears cowboy boots and puts his hands in his pockets they may arrest him for country style line dancing in the aisle.

Good. Right decision.

You are probably correct. We cannot be trusted in the alcohol free environment of Rupp Arena...to have too much fun. If they allow us to drink...or dance...the next thing you know there will be strippers giving lap dances....total chaos might break out. Anarchy.

You are probably correct. We cannot be trusted in the alcohol free environment of Rupp Arena...to have too much fun. If they allow us to drink...or dance...the next thing you know there will be strippers giving lap dances....total chaos might break out. Anarchy.

I take it you are mentally challenged and require a care giver or custodian? That is the condition, as I understand, of the individual driving this discussion.

Reactions: kat57 and Nubb16
From the oldest of times, people danced for a number of reasons. They danced in prayer... or so that their crops would be plentiful... or so their hunt would be good. And they danced to stay physically fit... and show their community spirit. And they danced to celebrate." And that is the dancing we're talking about. Aren't we told in Psalm 149 "Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song. Let them praise His name in the dance"? And it was King David - King David, who we read about in Samuel - and what did David do? What did David do?

I take it you are mentally challenged and require a care giver or custodian? That is the condition, as I understand, of the individual driving this discussion.

The ban is not just for the "mentally challenged." That is the topic in this thread. If you wish to discuss the merit of banning mentally challenged from doing things....then have at it.

this should of ended years ago. some of you need to relax . they are not saying stop enjoying the game. the dance guy has taken it to another level. we have a dance team, cheerleaders and student section to give entertainment . we do not need a elderly handicapped man to show up and grind rails and grab children. and don't say he was just enjoying the game. if that's true then why would he show up and only do the dance and leave. it's UKs and those who encouraged hims fault.

I think it's sad. I think this handicapped person actually thought he was part of the show and was dancing well. to me that means he is not in on the joke , he is the joke. and that's not right. this never should have started , but it's worse that some cultivated this and encouraged this. shame on you.

I hope Darren understands this was not his fault. daily he needs help making logical decisions. it's our responsibility as healthy thinking people to help those who are not capable of making the best decisions for themselves. shame on all of us for even putting this man in this position . out of fear of the PC crowd people like me just cringed and turned our heads when he started grinding rails. at first I thought he was just having fun dancing crazy and got a good laugh. but once I heard he was challenged I felt bad. because I knew in his mind he thought he was talented and dancing his but off. sorry to me that's just not entertaining to me.

Reactions: kat57
David danced before the Lord with all his might... leaping and dancing before the Lord.

*Leaping* and *dancing*.

Ecclesiastes assures us... that there is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh... and a time to weep. A time to mourn... and there is a time to dance. And there was a time for this law, but not anymore. See, this is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating life. It's the way it was in the beginning. It's the way it's always been. It's the way it should be now.

The ban is not just for the "mentally challenged." That is the topic in this thread. If you wish to discuss the merit of banning mentally challenged from doing things....then have at it.

You have no choice. You do realize they can't single him out legally. If you don't like that, your next stop is your congressman.

You have no choice. You do realize they can't single him out legally. If you don't like that, your next stop is your congressman.

It pretty much seems that it is exactly what they have done. I dont recall seeing others dancing in the aisles regularly. Oh maybe a stray rabble-rouser who probably was shooed away from walking in some of your front yards. These damn kids today have no respect for the erudite muckety mucks in the lower level doncha know....

It pretty much seems that it is exactly what they have done. I dont recall seeing others dancing in the aisles regularly. Oh maybe a stray rabble-rouser who probably was shooed away from walking in some of your front yards. These damn kids today have no respect for the erudite muckety mucks in the lower level doncha know....

Where did they single him out?

I don't speak babble very well. However, I think you are lamenting the loss of your right to make stupid decisions.

Let me assure you that is not true. Just dance for joy in front of the next freight train you see.

Where did they single him out?

I don't speak babble very well. However, I think you are lamenting the loss of your right to make stupid decisions.

Let me assure you that is not true. Just dance for joy in front of the next freight train you see.

So then according to you, this decision was made in a vacuum. It is just a strange coincidence that it was released around Dancing Man's misstep. You equate dancing in an aisle with dancing in front of a freight train? You may not speak babble...but you clearly think that way.

So then according to you, this decision was made in a vacuum. It is just a strange coincidence that it was released around Dancing Man's misstep. You equate dancing in an aisle with dancing in front of a freight train? You may not speak babble...but you clearly think that way.

Tell that to the little girl.

Just curious. Who defines a stupid risk or decision is too stupid? The really stupid act of dancing on a arena steps isn't stupider enough to say don't be stupid. Dancing in front of a locomotive crosses the stupid line for you, is that right?

As far as thinking that way, just trying to walk a mile in your shoes. From my shoes, only an idiot would dance on the Rupp steps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT