ADVERTISEMENT

Per Jones-Dancing Man Fell and dropped a little girl

I hate to tell you but background checks for people working with kids have been around long before Penn States situation. There are background checks before you can even perform construction work etc... in a school and you are not even working with the kids.

Your Sandusky reference in this thread should be in the dictionary under "reductio ad absurdum." What Sandusky did was already illegal. Dance is not even illegal in a baptist church.

My point was twofold: 1) Common sense went out the window with the Sandusky situation. So, relying on common sense doesn't always work. 2) Volunteers didn't need the background checks before Sandusky in PA. All that is new. The laws cracked down here because of one situation in which common sense went out the window.

Reactions: kat57
Yea I understand & had picked up on that. Like I stated earlier I actually agree with the broader point your making & mocking. The threat of lawsuits, damages & sue happy attorneys continues to scare us out of having fun anymore. And that is sad.
I agree. While I see the risk, so long as he is alone, it isn't very prominent. Anyone can fall on the steps, it doesn't require dancing. The guy is a simple man enjoying his team. He made a mistake that thankfully didn't hurt anyone. I think they should have just warned him about involving anyone else in his dance and then left it alone. It's overkill.

I've lived in Kentucky my whole life well most of it I am 28. Fans can say whatever they want about an old man who isn't in his right mind and trying to have fun. If the guy would dance just in his seat area it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but kicking him out of rupp without giving him a second chance is a little harsh. If you let people from other states or who are fans of other colleges bug you then lol you must have a pretty crappy life. The guy is one guy out of millions of us Kentucky fans.

If we let others opinions bug us then we are just like them. Who wants to be like other fans who make fun of old guys for making mistakes. Meanwhile at other schools we have sex scandals, cheating scandals, etc if this is the worst they got let em have it. Lol.

I agree. While I see the risk, so long as he is alone, it isn't very prominent. Anyone can fall on the steps, it doesn't require dancing. The guy is a simple man enjoying his team. He made a mistake that thankfully didn't hurt anyone. I think they should have just warned him about involving anyone else in his dance and then left it alone. It's overkill.

Would've understood if they'd gone that route, but I think the wild card is this guys capacity to understand what he did, then would he have the appreciation that it could happen again or make another poor spur of the moment decision. I can see why Rupp/UK didn't feel like they could take that risk.
I do hope the guy is taking all this ok.

He will find a way to come up with another act, no worries. It wasn't dumb behavior at all, however what it dumb is you speaking badly of him. Unlike cowards like you, I will stick by my opinions and things I believe in. Speaking of turkey boy, can't wait to go after them, won't be long.

[laughing] You are hilarious. Please keep posting on the board.

Society as a whole (pertaining to way of life "lawyering") has gotten this bad because only one side plays the game. The majority need to start fighting back. It's the only way now unfortunately. We have so many uneducated low life's today. All they care about it slumming into money. The "owe me" generation. And half the majority plays with it because they feel it's politically beneficial. These are the true scumbags.

A good example of fighting back. I attended a community college in Tennessee that banned law abiding citizens from carrying guns on campus. They had signs posted at all the entrences that read "7 years inprisonment yada yada" for weapons on campus. Well, about 2 years in we actually had a school shooting in the nursing classes where a guy walked in Fromm the streets and shot a woman in the arm during a 7 hour standoff.

My committee at the time wrote a letter where we obtained 300 signatures from current students saying if we were not allowed our second amendment to protect ourselves on campus, we would be filing lawsuits from that point toward whenever an incident happened and someone was hurt.

About 6 months later, after several more letters and group campus discussions, they didn't "verbally" change anything, or put anything in writing making changes, but those signs stating "7 year imprisonment for weapons on campus" were taken down. We won.

People need to start fighting back. Unfortunately, that sometimes means through the process where lawyers are present.

Not to get political but it kind of goes with where the thread has gone

Him dancing in the aisle and down the rails was fine and basically no risk (not talking about getting the girl, that was wrong). If you are for a perfectly safe environment, then get all fans to take a breathalyzer before entrance to make sure no fans are under the influence and cause me a danger while there.

[laughing]

Don't worry, crystal meth doesn't show up on a breathalyzer.

I've lived in Kentucky my whole life well most of it I am 28. Fans can say whatever they want about an old man who isn't in his right mind and trying to have fun. If the guy would dance just in his seat area it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but kicking him out of rupp without giving him a second chance is a little harsh. If you let people from other states or who are fans of other colleges bug you then lol you must have a pretty crappy life. The guy is one guy out of millions of us Kentucky fans.

If we let others opinions bug us then we are just like them. Who wants to be like other fans who make fun of old guys for making mistakes. Meanwhile at other schools we have sex scandals, cheating scandals, etc if this is the worst they got let em have it. Lol.
I don't think they have banned him from Rupp, just dancing in the aisles.

Reactions: kat57
You are probably correct. We cannot be trusted in the alcohol free environment of Rupp Arena...to have too much fun. If they allow us to drink...or dance...the next thing you know there will be strippers giving lap dances....total chaos might break out. Anarchy.

If so, UL might start sending their recruits for us to host, now that Minardi is going to be deader than a nursing home.

They are about to play the video on college game day so "they can laugh at it" as the host said

ADVERTISEMENT