ADVERTISEMENT

People are - wait for it - sleeping on Keldon Johnson

The news is that we're going to land Johnson but Barrett and Zion are heading for Duke. Unfortunately it looks like Bol is putting Zona back in the mix and heavily leaning there again.

Or you can get a membership for a month... or just wait for Matt Jones to say it Monday which he probably will

Got the bs lite going on but whatever floats ones boat...

Oooh, I almost forgot about Alex Legion. He played at Oak Hill. :flush:

Rashaad Carruth, what ever happened to him?
After his antics at UK, he went to OU where, of all people, Kelvin Sampson booted him off the team.
He went to Southern Miss for 1 year and decided he'd shoot. I think he got in serious trouble there, but can't remember details. Sold meth, I think.

Last edited:
Outside the Big 4 of Barrett, Zion, Bol, and Reddish, KJ is probably the hottest recruit in 2018 right now. UK fans are so spoiled. Would be an incredible pickup.

He's a great pickup, but I wouldn't feel totally comfortable depending on him as our "best" player. The great news is there's a good chance he won't have to be. If he's improved his shooting as much as people say, excellent piece to the puzzle.

After watching some of this guys videos, what became obvious is this is a kid that has matured physically and amped up his game considerably in just the last year.

If you watch his most recent video from the Team USA camp, he looks like a completely different person from his early videos.

I also came across a comparison for his game that I think is spot on - Jabari Parker. He doesn't have the hype, but the kid looks like, is built like, and has the same style of game as Parker. If the word out of the Team USA camp is true that Johnson has immensely improved his outside shooting, this kid is going to be a star at the next level. Really hope we can get him.

After watching some of this guys videos, what became obvious is this is a kid that has matured physically and amped up his game considerably in just the last year.

If you watch his most recent video from the Team USA camp, he looks like a completely different person from his early videos.

I also came across a comparison for his game that I think is spot on - Jabari Parker. He doesn't have the hype, but the kid looks like, is built like, and has the same style of game as Parker. If the word out of the Team USA camp is true that Johnson has immensely improved his outside shooting, this kid is going to be a star at the next level. Really hope we can get him.

Need confirmation from butters to make sure its true that we are actually sleeping on him.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
I could tell you that there's "good news" about a kid who has long liked UK if they made him a priority, and who plans to decide really, really soon.

Or you could buy "premium information" on the internet in 2017.
Please tell me that this wasn't the "premium information". We've all known this for a couple months at least.

I'm hearing Barrett wants UK but his dad wants Duke. Its like let the kid play where he wants.
It usually seems Cal may draw the line on those players with parents running the show. Especially after this latest scandal wit Bowen, he might want to back off and recruit with parents calling the shots.

Please tell me that this wasn't the "premium information". We've all known this for a couple months at least.

I don't know what the premium information is because I'm not a member and it's apparently super secret, but unless it's more than folks on twitter are saying, that's it. A bit of inferring is really all it takes, especially when, like you said, it's what we've known for a while.

We've known he was committing soon. We've known he liked UK. We've known Cal seemed to be hard after two of the Barrett, KJ, Grimes group. We've known Barrett appears to be heading elsewhere.

So when there's "good news about Keldon Johnson," and you don't see that he publicly committed yet, there's not a very long list of possibilities. Don't know how much of what I've read elsewhere is speculation and how much is common sense and how much is "reporting," but I bet you it isn't that he finally found the pair of khakis he's been searching for.

I don't know what the premium information is because I'm not a member and it's apparently super secret, but unless it's more than folks on twitter are saying, that's it. A bit of inferring is really all it takes, especially when, like you said, it's what we've known for a while.

We've known he was committing soon. We've known he liked UK. We've known Cal seemed to be hard after two of the Barrett, KJ, Grimes group. We've known Barrett appears to be heading elsewhere.

So when there's "good news about Keldon Johnson," and you don't see that he publicly committed yet, there's not a very long list of possibilities. Don't know how much of what I've read elsewhere is speculation and how much is common sense and how much is "reporting," but I bet you it isn't that he finally found the pair of khakis he's been searching for.
Agree 100%.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Agree 100%.

Interest of full disclosure:

The night Slam Magazine broke John Wall's commitment late at night and I came here and posted the thread only to have it deleted, a thread started on HoB "breaking the news" after I posted my thread, and then other threads allowed to stay up once the HoB story had been posted, was the night I decided that wasn't the life for me.

I get why it has to exist. I understand that they're trying really hard to hold onto information in an age where that's completely impossible. I get that these guys work hard and want credit. But that was hilariously awful.

Interest of full disclosure:

The night Slam Magazine broke John Wall's commitment late at night and I came here and posted the thread only to have it deleted, a thread started on HoB "breaking the news" after I posted my thread, and then other threads allowed to stay up once the HoB story had been posted, was the night I decided that wasn't the life for me.

I get why it has to exist. I understand that they're trying really hard to hold onto information in an age where that's completely impossible. I get that these guys work hard and want credit. But that was hilariously awful.
Protecting information in the information age. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

The news is that we're going to land Johnson but Barrett and Zion are heading for Duke. Unfortunately it looks like Bol is putting Zona back in the mix and heavily leaning there again.

Or you can get a membership for a month... or just wait for Matt Jones to say it Monday which he probably will
I have a hard time believing Zion is headed for Duke. I still think there is an outside chance we might get Barrett.

I have a hard time believing Zion is headed for Duke. I still think there is an outside chance we might get Barrett.

I think we'll land Zion and Johnson... but Barrett is going to duke.

I think the Johnson stuff is getting out ahead of Barrett choosing Duke. Trying to make it look like we backed off and chose Johnson first.

I think we'll land Zion and Johnson... but Barrett is going to duke.

I think the Johnson stuff is getting out ahead of Barrett choosing Duke. Trying to make it look like we backed off and chose Johnson first.

I don't think Cal has to get ahead of any one recruit not committing to UK. Not sure how you know about Barrett too. You may but I am not sure how. Myself, I won't count Cal out until the recruit chooses...He is the man when it comes to recruiting. Too many people waste a whole lot of time trying to keep up with Cal. (Both for and against UK.)

I don't think Cal has to get ahead of any one recruit not committing to UK. Not sure how you know about Barrett too. You may but I am not sure how. Myself, I won't count Cal out until the recruit chooses...He is the man when it comes to recruiting. Too many people waste a whole lot of time trying to keep up with Cal. (Both for and against UK.)

I know you were around when the scouts said Duke took the lead for Barrett and then they signed Reddish....... Did you forget the meltdown that started to take place?

Could you imagine if we get Quickley, Barrett, Zion, Johnson and Bol?! That just might send K into retirement. [laughing]

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
I know you were around when the scouts said Duke took the lead for Barrett and then they signed Reddish....... Did you forget the meltdown that started to take place?

Yeah but Reddish was a duke lean and had a duke look about him. I don't get those vibs with Barrett. Of course I could be way off base but I trust Cal a bunch recruiting-wise. I am not sure duke can pull out a recruit over Cal if all things are equal but I am a UK slanted type person. (Until a recruit makes the call.)

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Could you imagine if we get Quickley, Barrett, Zion, Johnson and Bol?! That just might send K into retirement. [laughing]

And I looked at that scenario and looked at it. I cannot talk myself out of Cal being able to do that. In the current environment if it's possible, UK and even Cal got a whole lot bigger...

And I looked at that scenario and looked at it. I cannot talk myself out of Cal being able to do that. In the current environment if it's possible, UK and even Cal got a whole lot bigger...
I sure hope you're right, buddy. That would be killer. Shew wee.

Reactions: BBUK
Again Barrett and Johnson have nothing to do with one another. We have been heavy on Johnson as our SG recruit . He from day one has been our SG #1 target according to people who would know. Who knows what happens with Barrett but this has zero to do with it beyond if we miss on Barrett we still have an elite SF prospect not named Zion on the squad.

It’s likely Johnson or Barrett, and not together. Quickley’s not coming to UK to be Green’s backup next year. He was sold on playing alongside Green so there’s your 1-2 combo with Alexander as third guard. The idea that a top 10 player is out-and-out okay with coming off the bench wreaks of the stuff of video game fantasies.

The 3 and 4 spots are open for Zion and one more. If Barrett follows the trend and heads to Durham to stare at Capel’s double chin for a year, Cal’s obviously not going to sit around and ask “What it” regarding Johnson. Johnson’s getting the favorable draw from UK’s coaches right now for a reason. The Barrett ship has likely sailed.

He's probably selling drugs somewhere.... I mean drugs mattered to him more than his career so ..........

Funneling one’s hard earned cash toward drugs or the next Star Wars installment involves a debatable question on which choice exhibits a better usage of money.

Yeah but Reddish was a duke lean and had a duke look about him. I don't get those vibs with Barrett. Of course I could be way off base but I trust Cal a bunch recruiting-wise. I am not sure duke can pull out a recruit over Cal if all things are equal but I am a UK slanted type person. (Until a recruit makes the call.)

They did just that Jabari Parker a few years ago. Cal even came to one of his games flanked by Derrick Rose and Anthony Davis. Some kids are just “upper class” recruits and K sells them on coming to the OAD school with the overinflated letterman’s patch jacket, the pillow mints, and the pseudo Ivy League fraternal order thing going on.

Kids like Parker eat that stuff up. Jalen Rose called it when he said they were “cul-de-sac kids.”

I love Star Wars, but this newest crop of films is all marketing, no substance. They’re basically creating a facsimile of episodes 4,5, and 6 so far.

The way I look at it is nothing will take away from my original trilogy love. If these new ones arent to my liking... I'll just forget they exist like I did the phantom menace lol ahhhh damn it, I went and remembered it for a second.... ok ...file it away under never to resurface memory file....... and done... whew.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They did just that Jabari Parker a few years ago. Cal even came to one of his games flanked by Derrick Rose and Anthony Davis. Some kids are just “stuck up” recruits and K sells them on coming to the OAD school with the overinflated letterman’s patch jacket, the pillow mints, and the pseudo Ivy League fraternal order thing going on.

Kids like Parker eat that stuff up. Jalen Rose called it when he said they were “cul-de-sac kids.”

Fixed it for you. I am around the "upper class" daily and laugh when I see most if not all of them. Decent people don't act that way.

I will give you a sales tip; 10% of whoever you try to sell to will only buy name brand no matter what. 10% of whoever you sell to will buy the cheapest, no matter what. The other 80% will try to make an informed decision and some part may be a mixture of both. (Not everyone is he same.) When I was in sales I always focused on the 80%. I'd pitch the other two segments of the population but I didn't waste a whole lot of time with them. (Those I mostly told them the bottom-line price with no frills or bells and whistles.)

I do agree with you concerning JP. Not sure Cal had a chance but JP may have given the impression there was a chance. (Some will not tell the truth trying to be nice but in reality costing the other party dearly by false hopes.) Oh well, off my pedestal... or ped estill...

They did just that Jabari Parker a few years ago. Cal even came to one of his games flanked by Derrick Rose and Anthony Davis. Some kids are just “upper class” recruits and K sells them on coming to the OAD school with the overinflated letterman’s patch jacket, the pillow mints, and the pseudo Ivy League fraternal order thing going on.

Soft kids that go to a pampering school and then get bullied in the league.

I could tell you that there's "good news" about a kid who has long liked UK if they made him a priority, and who plans to decide really, really soon.

Or you could buy "premium information" on the internet in 2017.
He’s gotta get his frosted tips from somewhere

Hello UK fans I have a lot of respect for your Basketball history ,But I have a hard time understanding why and when you all are discussing a recruit that has more than 1 team after him UK fans seam to act like there is no other team in the race but UK,I know that you all like Johnson but I feel like TEXAS has a good shot to get him also.I can be wrong we will see GOOD LUCK

Hello UK fans I have a lot of respect for your Basketball history ,But I have a hard time understanding why and when you all are discussing a recruit that has more than 1 team after him UK fans seam to act like there is no other team in the race but UK,I know that you all like Johnson but I feel like TEXAS has a good shot to get him also.I can be wrong we will see GOOD LUCK
Seem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT