ADVERTISEMENT

People are - wait for it - sleeping on Keldon Johnson

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
After watching some of this guys videos, what became obvious is this is a kid that has matured physically and amped up his game considerably in just the last year.

If you watch his most recent video from the Team USA camp, he looks like a completely different person from his early videos.

I also came across a comparison for his game that I think is spot on - Jabari Parker. He doesn't have the hype, but the kid looks like, is built like, and has the same style of game as Parker. If the word out of the Team USA camp is true that Johnson has immensely improved his outside shooting, this kid is going to be a star at the next level. Really hope we can get him.

Last edited:
He is pretty damn complete, can handle, mid range, drive and they say last week he was draining 3s.
Shooting has been on a nice trend upward. Hit only 25 percent of his 3s on the EYBL circuit, then hit 33 percent of his 3s at Peach Jam. I saw him in a live televised late summer game where he couldn't miss. Reports from minicamp noted the improvement. He could bring to UK the nice package of power and shooting. Rare.

If UK ends up with Zion and KJ to counter Reddish and Barrett for Duke, it's going to be really interesting.

Reddish and Barrett are smooth, skilled, finesse guys whereas Zion and Johnson play highly physical and athletic bully ball. Would be a really interesting matchup.

We haven't recruited many kids from oak hill since Cal has been here.

Lamb. Giles.

Recruited Troy Williams pretty hard and eventually could have had him and decided to pass. (Supposedly he was going to commit to UK publicly and Cal said hold off and he canceled his announcement).

I don't know about troy willams, he was apart of his uncle's aau boo willams program, which is pretty Adidas sponsored. Probably is why he ended up at Indiana.. If you can take keldon johnson right now, i would, this kid is on barrett's level right now..

Cal has seen the writing on the wall with barrett, Johnson is like nick Richards was last year. Johnson is too good of a player to pass on trying to wait on someone else, we need williamson and bol now to round out the class..

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Cal has seen the writing on the wall with barrett, Johnson is like nick Richards was last year. Johnson is too good of a player to pass on trying to wait on someone else, we need williamson and bol now to round out the class..
Barrett and Johnson and Zion can be on the same team as Johnson is a SG with the size to play SF in college but if we added Barrett along with Zion ( who we will add for sure it seems) then Johnson would play guard . If Barrett goes to Duke or Oregon then Johnson is a SF along with Zion ( and Zion will play some PF as well).

Reactions: Mr_GG
Sounds like good news.Cal must have realized Barrett isn't coming.
Again Barrett and Johnson have nothing to do with one another. We have been heavy on Johnson as our SG recruit . He from day one has been our SG #1 target according to people who would know. Who knows what happens with Barrett but this has zero to do with it beyond if we miss on Barrett we still have an elite SF prospect not named Zion on the squad.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Zion and Barrett are not going to be playing on the same team, whether it's at Kentucky or Duke or wherever.

These two are going to be in a competition for No. 1 draft pick all year, you don't do that when you're on the same team. Each are going to expect to be the most hyped player on the team.

Zion and Barrett are not going to be playing on the same team, whether it's at Kentucky or Duke or wherever.

These two are going to be in a competition for No. 1 draft pick all year, you don't do that when you're on the same team. Each are going to expect to be the most hyped player on the team.

Tell that to Cal get back at me with what he said.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
I'm hearing Barrett wants UK but his dad wants Duke. Its like let the kid play where he wants.

d0pMg.gif

He's not even even considering Duke.

AD and MKG say hello...(I think they still like each other too..)

He won’t join Zion but will join reddish?

The news is that we're going to land Johnson but Barrett and Zion are heading for Duke. Unfortunately it looks like Bol is putting Zona back in the mix and heavily leaning there again.

Or you can get a membership for a month... or just wait for Matt Jones to say it Monday which he probably will

Seems like a lot of confusion here. Anyway, what's the scoop on Johnson? Is that allowed to be posted here?

I could tell you that there's "good news" about a kid who has long liked UK if they made him a priority, and who plans to decide really, really soon.

Or you could buy "premium information" on the internet in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT