ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Jam thread; Today 4 pm ET on ESPN2 for the 17U Title

Cason Wallace had 13 pts, 6 Rebs, 1 assist in a 64-61 win over Albany City Rocks to keep Pro Skills undefeated today. Well deserved MVP and I think he'll be getting the offer he's been waiting on from UK soon.
You forgot to post the most impressive part of his game today.... He had 4 steals! Yesterday he had 4 blocks. Does whatever it takes to win!

In the mid afternoon games:

Team Final is trailing by 9 in 2nd Quarter and "shockingly" Jalen Duren and Derek Lively have combined for just 6 FGA's--that team is on one the past 4 games in terms of understanding how they need to play. They are losing to Houston Hoops who has a good KU commitment as their C/PF and as usual quick/good PG.

BBE is trailing by 1 pt in a low scoring half 24-23. Brandon Miller has 4 pts, 7 rebs, 2 assists and Nick Smith Jr has 5, 3 rebs and 1 assist at Half.

DJ Wagner has 8 pts at Half of 1 pt deficit to CP3 and Jaden Bradley. The big performance to this point in that game is Mackenzie Mgbako who has 19 pts at the Half of a 33-32 game.
Mgbako is a man already, wouldn’t be shocked to see him reclass.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
NJ Scholars beat CP3 with Wagner/Mgbako pacing them. DJ picked up where Mackenzie left off and Jaden Bradley's kryptonite came through again-he can't shoot the ball. Scholars win 63-60

Wagner JR ended up with 17 and Mgbako had 26.

In one of the oddest games I've seen this Summer, Team Final rallied and ended up winning on a last second uncontested layup by Corey Floyd Jr 64-62. To describe this game is difficult but I'll try:

Team Final was awful. Just completely out of sorts and decided to rotate the bigs until for whatever reason (maybe he's ill or something is off) but decided to bench Jalen Duren. If he wasn't sick, I get why they may have tried it but there's a lifelong saying in coaching-if bigs don't touch the ball, they can get disinterested and this team is trending in the wrong way in terms of feeding Duren/Lively. Houston Hoops is always well coached and is a brand name program like Team Final on EYBL Circuit but they were simply doing things you shouldn't against a small lineup that Final played-beating them for uncontested looks after makes.....where is your floor balance?

To describe the last 5 mins is summed up as:

Team Final rallied to take a 7 pts lead---then less then 3 mins--they kept pressing and giving Houston Hoops wide open 3pt looks--which they either hit or they'd defend like Lively and Duren were still in and funnel them to middle and guys would score or get easy putbacks.

Final would race the ball back up and jack up quick shots.

Lively saved them on 3 possessions with impressive blocks/1 standing flat footed others were chase down and rotation and were impressive. He is a top 5 draft pick in NBA when he leaves college (he needs it) and his teammates that play on perimeter will wonder why--as "he didn't score that much"--that is how Team Final plays-points dictate to the guards if you can play or not.

Final's guards can't pass. But they also are not great at dribbling or decision making. Nothing like the loose handle turn your back to frontcourt spin dribble and depend on a teammate to get your mistake approach to press breaking.

They look as if the game is in hand up 3--and then foul a 3pt shooter who makes all of the FT's to tie.

Then they run a play that you'd run with .004 on clock only they had 2.9 but at least Houston Hoops thought it was same amount of time because after a desperation heave by the same player who fouled the 3pt attempt to give up lead--Lively and Floyd are only 2 guys near the basket--Floyd gets ball and scores a layup and everyone acts like it should be OT-but it was right call.

A horribly coached/played game. But it's been a long time down in Augusta, SC, so I'll give them a pass for this one in terms of mistakes--but the last 4 games Team Final has decided that Duren/Lively are just there to be tall and defend because offensively they could've destroyed Houston Hoops with simply using a high low approach and pick and roll--but instead they chose the hard route again--do that enough you won't be as fortunate.

I will be shocked if they make it to the TV games on ESPNU the way they are playing/approach to the game is right now.

Dereck Lively may have ended up with more blocked shots then combined FGA's for him and Jalen Duren.

NJ Scholars beat CP3 with Wagner/Mgbako pacing them. DJ picked up where Mackenzie left off and Jaden Bradley's kryptonite came through again-he can't shoot the ball. Scholars win 63-60

Wagner JR ended up with 17 and Mgbako had 26.
Yeah that last 3 by Bradley was terrible lol. He and his teammates also missed a lot of free throws down the stretch .

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Was hoping to Watch Dior in this Vegas Elite vs The Family but it looks like he isn’t playing .
Some guys are sitting. Kyle Flipowski was listed as not playing today in a Peach Jam Playoff game. Interesting.

Jalen Duren might as well have sat-he didn't get a lot of run and wasn't very good when in the game. Had 5 TO's and a lot was being soft. Might be the grind of playing so many games wearing on them a bit.

BTW--I watched Lively block 3 shots in the last 2 mins of his game and they have him listed with 1 blocked shot but the big from Houston Hoops had 6......interesting....because I know what I saw.

OT--but saw Rens won that game against GA Stars and Eric Dailey had quite the stat line:

5 for 26 from field but also in 28 mins. They lost 78-71 and have to imagine they could've gotten a few better looks at hoops from the 21 misses but shoot your shot(s) Dailey. LOL

OT--but saw Rens won that game against GA Stars and Eric Dailey had quite the stat line:

5 for 26 from field but also in 28 mins. They lost 78-71 and have to imagine they could've gotten a few better looks at hoops from the 21 misses but shoot your shot(s) Dailey. LOL

If Dailey had more time, how many more shots could he have missed?

If Dailey had more time, how many more shots could he have missed?
The IMG duo of Dailey/Bradley could build a new facility down in Augusta with the bricks they throw up. Justus was coveting both btw.

Another guy they were on at one point can't even get run in pigtail bracket. Sada Nganga barely gets Brad Calipari mins .

Some guys are sitting. Kyle Flipowski was listed as not playing today in a Peach Jam Playoff game. Interesting.

Jalen Duren might as well have sat-he didn't get a lot of run and wasn't very good when in the game. Had 5 TO's and a lot was being soft. Might be the grind of playing so many games wearing on them a bit.

BTW--I watched Lively block 3 shots in the last 2 mins of his game and they have him listed with 1 blocked shot but the big from Houston Hoops had 6......interesting....because I know what I saw.
No more Peach Jam for Flip.

Last edited:
Wagner and Mgbako combined for a 15-46 day from the field which tired or not is awful. But those two have carried them so I get it but if I'm going to throw shade at Jaden Bradley and Eric Dailey for their brick tossing, have to be same with guys UK is actively recruiting hard.

Bradley Beal Elite blew out MoKan Elite who was playing without Tarris Reed (wonder if he's another who tested positive for Covid?)

Brandon Miller had 14 pts on 6-12 FG, 2/4 3pt, 9 Rebs, 1 block, 4 steals but also 5 TO and no assists

Nick Smith Jr had 22 pts, 10-14 FG, 1-4 3pt, 1-1 FT, 3 Rebs 8 assists to 1 TO, 1 block and 2 steals.

Team Final Beat CP3 76-74.

Jalen Duren had 15 pts, 6-8 FG, 3-4 FT, 7 Reb, 3 Assists, O TO--after 5 yesterday, 1 block and 1 steal.

Dereck Lively II had 7 pts, 3-4 FG 1/1 3pt, 0-4 FT, 9 Rebs, 2 Assists and credited with 1 blocked shot (but I saw him have 3 yesterday in last 3 mins of a game and they had him with 1 all game yesterday)

Bradley Beal Elite blew out MoKan Elite who was playing without Tarris Reed (wonder if he's another who tested positive for Covid?)

Brandon Miller had 14 pts on 6-12 FG, 2/4 3pt, 9 Rebs, 1 block, 4 steals but also 5 TO and no assists

Nick Smith Jr had 22 pts, 10-14 FG, 1-4 3pt, 1-1 FT, 3 Rebs 8 assists to 1 TO, 1 block and 2 steals.

This just popped up on my TL lol

Cal can't judge talent. That is what he brought Antigua back into the program. The only thing Cal judges talent by is how many stars they have by their name
I get your schtick but please take that **** to another thread. This is to update UK recruiting at the Peach Jam. Cal's such a jackass he offered Shaedon Sharpe when many didn't have him ranked in top 75 last Fall and guy is in discussion for being the #1 player in the class. Nobody here thinks Cal's a perfect Coach but you were talking **** last month about the Antigua hire, until we informed you of how ignorant you were regarding the success that took place in that time.

Shaedon Sharpe's team won by 2 pts over Team Melo and then impressive Cam Whitmore.

Sharpe had 26 pts 11-21 FG, 3-7 3pt, 1-4 FT, 8 Rebs, 4 Assists. Making it a more impressive showing, UPlay Canada was without their 2nd best player in DJ Jackson. No reason but assuming Covid with all the rumors going around Peach Jam.

Going into the Live Period tomorrow where coaches will be on site, here's the top 2 in the 4 Postseason Groups- (Top 2 in each group advance to Quarterfinals Saturday)

Group A: Bradley Beal Elite and Pro Skills both at 3-0 and in strong position to make it

Group B: Team Durant, UPlay Canada (Shaedon Sharpe), & Meanstreets are all 2-1 with UPlay giving Meanstreets their only loss at Peach Jam so they would have tiebreaker.

Group C: E1T1 & NY Rens--both 2-0 with games to play today

Group D: Team Final and NH Lightning---Team Final is 3-0 and in great position to make the Quarters as they have wins over the rest of field that is 1-2 and play NJ Scholars tomorrow who are also 1-2. Lightning are 2-1 and should advance as well and have had great play from Villanova commit Mark Armstrong.

Reactions: Smashcat
LIVE PERIOD DH for Peach Jam Teams tomorrow to get down from 24 to 8: UK TARGETS SCHEDULE: (all times EST)

8am- Bradley Beal Elite vs Pro Skills (Brandon Miller/Nick Smith Jr vs Cason Wallace)

9:30am- UPlay Canada vs DriveNation (Shaedon Sharpe vs Vincent Iwuchukwu)

12:30pm- Team Final vs NJ Scholars (Jalen Duren/Dereck Lively vs DJ Wagner and Mackenzie Mgbako)

2pm: Bradley Beal Elite vs Albany City Rocks (Brandon Miller and Nick Smith Jr)
Pro Skills vs MoKan Elite (Cason Wallace vs Tarris Reed-who was DNP today Felix Okpara)

3:30pm: UPlay Canada vs Boo Williams (Shaedon Sharpe)

6:30pm: Team Final vs NH Lightning (Jalen Duren and Dereck Lively vs Nova commit Mark Armstrong)
NJ Scholars vs Houston Hoops (DJ Wagner and Mackenzie Mgbako)

Reactions: CatTough
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT