ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Jam thread; Today 4 pm ET on ESPN2 for the 17U Title

Yes--but really concerned about their guard play and today's stats show why. You have 2 of the top 3 prospects in country and they get 8 FGA combined? Against a team that they should've blown out too. They struggled against the awful Strive For Greatness Team who has been awful winning by 2 pts. Tre White shooting about 20% for the week, Sada Nganga's strange handling as he played most of week, then pouted and got a DNP against Team Final only to play 3 mins today and he's not been good at all at Peach Jam. Throw in Bronny having 2 ofer games with 1 being 0-9 and today he was 0-10 from field and yet he's talked of as a must see player....it's a **** show.

But Team Final should be dog walking a team like that. But their guards seem to have decided it's their time and that will likely lead to falling short of SemiFinals.

I'd expect NY Rens, Proskills, and a wildcard team to make it along with Team Final if things played out as expected--usually some team goes on a run and have to see impact Adem Bona has today against BBE-as Miller/Nick Smith Jr are playing well but they lack help with Sears not playing point due to injury I believe.
It sounds like Bronny is having a tough weekend . Speaking of strive greatness . I have seen the guy Jah posted a lot the last couple of years . Is he any good or is he being posted because his size ?

Doubt the big dogs get involved with him, but Alex Karaban would be perfect for a blue-blood program that needs a prolific shooter and score as a multi-year type of guy. He played extremely well yesterday.
He's getting looks from some High Major schools and is a very talented player.

Reactions: michael895
It sounds like Bronny is having a tough weekend . Speaking of strive greatness . I have seen the guy Jah posted a lot the last couple of years . Is he any good or is he being posted because his size ?
Jaxson Koehler? That kid can play. He was teammates with Jaden Hardy out in Coronado HS and ahs been an impressive prospect for a while. He can actually play. I shouldn't have lumped him in with the mess that is Bronny, Sada Nganga, and Tre White along with the load of hype Shy Odom.

Jaxson Koehler? That kid can play. He was teammates with Jaden Hardy out in Coronado HS and ahs been an impressive prospect for a while. He can actually play. I shouldn't have lumped him in with the mess that is Bronny, Sada Nganga, and Tre White along with the load of hype Shy Odom.

Ralph, do you think Bronny becomes good enough to be in Space Jamm 3?

I'll await your answer

In OT, Bradley Beal Elite beat Team Why Not 79-71.

For WhyNot---Adem Bona had 9 pts on 4-5 FG, but 1-7 from FT line, 11 rebs, 4 blocks in 22 mins

For BBE: Brandon Miller had 16 pts on 7-18 FG, 0-1 3pt, 2-2 FT, 15 Rebs, 5 Assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals in 30 Mins

Nick Smith Jr had 21 pts, on 6-19 FG, 0-3 3pt, 9-10 FT, 3 Reb, 3 Assists, 2 Steals in 30 Min

Jahzare Jackson

I've always been a guy who watches/follows the high school and AAU scene, even for games/kids who aren't linked to Kentucky, but Ralph knows so much and so many guys I've started just keeping quiet and letting him pass along the names, buzz, and performances.

Well done. Appreciate it.
Agree...very much appreciated

Thanks for the kind words but got to include Smashcat and Shaudyshaud as they contributed/contribute a lot too. They really did a fantastic job being on top of things and covering all the updates/scores/performances and appreciate that.

We're all fans and Gonzo--feel free to add anything. I just pass on what I'm told/hear, never means it's all knowing and you may something better to add so please contribute if you have something.

Hope the other fans enjoy these threads during July Live Period weekends as I do. Makes it easier to find out where UK staff is watching people and when we've got things to do outside of the board we can come here and catch up.

Here's the standings going into this week--for the 17U it'll be starting Playoff Groupings and then top 4 advance. It used to be the top 4 in each pool advanced and they picked a few wildcard teams but not sure how the format will be this year. But here's the standings as of now going into Playoffs:

GROUP A- Pro Skills--(Cason Wallace) Team Final (Duren/Lively), Indy Heat, UPlay Canada (Shaedon Sharpe)

GROUP B- NY Rens ('23 Simeon Wilcher), Boo Williams, CP3 (Jaden Bradley), JL3 (Bryce Griggs)

GROUP C- NH Lightning (headline player is Nova commit Mark Armstrong), Bradley Beal Elite (Brandon Miller & Nick Smith JR), DriveNation (Vincent Iwuchukwu), E1T1 (Dillon Mitchell)

GROUP D- Meanstreets (AJ Casey/Jalen Washington), MoKan Elite (Felix Okpara, '23 Bryson Warren who replaced Skyy Clark by moving up from 16U team), GA Stars, Houston Hoops

GROUP E- Team Durant (Dariq Whitehead, Rodney Rice), Team Thad (Chandler Jackson/Jalen Hood Schifino), Albany City Rocks (JJ Starling), Expressions

If there are any wildcards selected--I'd suspect NJ Scholars (DJ Wagner, Mackenzie Mgbako and crew), Soldiers (history), Team Takeover, Nightrydas (who had a putrid Peach Jam after strong Spring and have Jazian Gortman), and never can count out Nike figuring out something with Emoni Bates--either letting his team in or putting him on Team Final saying he can do that based on playing so many games with them should his team get knocked out.

Thanks for the kind words but got to include Smashcat and Shaudyshaud as they contributed/contribute a lot too. They really did a fantastic job being on top of things and covering all the updates/scores/performances and appreciate that.

We're all fans and Gonzo--feel free to add anything. I just pass on what I'm told/hear, never means it's all knowing and you may something better to add so please contribute if you have something.

Hope the other fans enjoy these threads during July Live Period weekends as I do. Makes it easier to find out where UK staff is watching people and when we've got things to do outside of the board we can come here and catch up.
Absolutely true about shaudyshaud and smashcat.

Great job to all of you.

16U is still playing tomorrow to settle into who qualifies for their Postseason play which the Title game will be televised next Sunday for 1st Time:

GROUP A: DriveNation (KJ Lewis/Ronald Holland), The Family, E1T1, Soldiers (Mookie Cook),

GROUP B: Expressions (Taylor Bol Bowen), CP3, PSA Cardinals and then 3 teams battling it out at 3-3 to get into top 4 with Livon Fleur Di Lis, Mac Irvin (JJ Taylor/Matas Betilis-who haven't lost since Matas joined them), and GA Stars

GROUP C: Team TakeOver, Team Griffin, NY Rens, Nightrydas

GROUP D: MoKan Elite (Impressive showing being unbeaten since Bryson Warren was called up to replace Skyy Clark and led by Omaha Billew), Team WhyNot, Team Final (Justin Edwards is one to keep eye on with UK), NJ Scholars and Meanstreets both 3-3 going into Monday and Team Final is 4-2 so they are still alive.

GROUP E: JL3 (strong showing by John Lucas team at all levels in first time in EYBL), All OH Red, TSF (The Skill Factory led by Isaiah Collier), then you have Bradley Beal Elite, NJ Legacy, Team Thad and Team Bounce all 2-4 going into tomorrow to try and get 4th spot in group.

GROUP F: Houston Hoops, Team Durant, NH Lightning, Team Phenom (Herro sponsored team), Team United at 2-3 in position to steal last spot.

15U Standings in case anyone is wondering and I don't know much about many of the 15 yr olds right now outside of MN:

Group A- Team Durant, Houston Hoops, AOT (BJ Boston old team), NY Rens

Group B- PG Elite, TSF (The Skill Factory), Howard Pulley, NH Lightning, Boo and Mac Irvin still alive to get last spot

Group C- PSA Cardinals, Bradley Beal Elite, NJ Scholars, Team Why Not and Team Melo and Alabama Fusion close to steal 4th spot

Group D- JL3, CP3, Team Griffin, Team Phenom (Herro sponsored team), and GA Stars are 3-3 still in contention

Group E- E1T1, Meanstreets, Team Takeover, Woodz Elite (Ark team), and MoKan Elite and Bates Fundamental 1 game out.

Group F- Team United, All OH Red, Team Final and Vegas Elite--Pro Skills and NJ Legacy are 1 game out

Reactions: Flipflopsandsocks
According to 247Sports Director of Basketball, Eric Bossi, Calipari came away highly impressed.

"I can say that Cal has definitely watched Wallace now and that an A+ source believes that Cal loves him as a player," Bossi wrote. "If they offer, it means they think they've got a real chance. If not, it is only because they think he's too far down the road with another school (likely Tennessee) but UK definitely sees how good of a college player (and potentially beyond) Wallace could be."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT