ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Jam thread; Today 4 pm ET on ESPN2 for the 17U Title

With Clarke were probably going to pass on 2 of these guys.. I want Sharpe for sure over Wallace and Smith.

Since Matas Buzelis has returned to Mac Irvin's 16U team they haven't lost. He had 22 and 9 yesterday to give JJ Taylor some help and this morning JJ Taylor had 15pts, 4 rebs, 3 assists, 2 blocks while Buzelis had 8 pts, 11 rebs, 3 assists and 4 steals. UK has reached out to Buzelis too. He plays his HS ball at Brewster Academy-which will also have Expressions top '23 prospect Taylor Bol Bowen who has had a great Peach Jam to this point-hit game winning shot last night and had 10 and 8 in blowout win this morning.

Other 16U note on a guy who is going to be a riser in '23 rankings and is a guy I can see turning into a UK priority recruit next year KJ Lewis of DriveNation had 16 pts, 11 rebs and 6 assists in team's blowout win. Highly regarded and top 10 ranked teammate Ronald Holland (not much UK talk with him) had 23 and 4 as well.

The Duke team got to watch the Rens drop their first game (they were there for Flipowski) in a great game that JL3 upset them by 1 pt. Bryce Griggs who had mentioned UK in past had 28 pts and 6 assists.

'23 Simeon Wilcher who UK is recruiting and O was there to see play had 11 pts on efficient shooting 4-6 and 4 assists. Rens are favored to win the Peach Jam and have deepest roster so those are good numbers specifically for a '23 player on that team.

Last edited:
BBE got a nice win to bounce back from 1st loss of week yesterday 58-50 over E1T1. Brandon Miller had 14 pts and 8 rebounds and Nick Smith Jr had 14 pts in the win. Miller had to face off against highly touted defensive player Dillon Mitchell who is a lean to FSU at this time and has best rep as an individual defender in class at this point.

Now and this is OT but to make a point-that is same guy Shaedon Sharpe dropped 47 pts on 20-27 from field and 4-8 from 3pt line a month ago. Not a shot at Miller at all but saying how special Sharpe is.

Miller is impressive and watching him play (BTW for anyone who wants to watch--go to EYBL site and hit Livestream and you can pick any court you want to watch-it's free) I love how he can do so many things on the court and has a very smooth jumper. But seeing him block a shot, gather it and bring the ball up for a coast to coast hoop or assist is impressive.

Smith Jr looks great for just having a cast taken off last week prior to his return and he's facing elite competition.

Or Dereck Lively.
Exactly. If UK offers Cason Wallace they'd jump to leader position immediately. Arguably could have 3 of top 5 players in '22 class by time rankings end this year with Sharpe/Lively/Wallace.

Also taken into account they are in a battle to get Jalen Duren who will reclass or turn Pro and move out of top spot. Big game hunting is a lot easier when staff can evaluate talent which this one doesn't take a backseat at all right now.

I've got to head out to AAU Event so Smash and guys who contribute to this awesome thread, thanks in advance for the updates I'll catch up with later. Again can't thank you all enough but Smash has done this consistently since I've been on board and want to really let him know he's appreciated for taking the time to do this. Thanks

Uhhhh yes plz.

Do you think we offer Wallace?
I think so. Rest of staff has (at Illinois) and Lucas has been wanting to for some time. Trust Jai's eye and Chin knows great guard play-O just knows talent. What's the hold back? It's Kentucky, great players come to play with great players and you earn your minutes. If it's too much for some to handle....then bounce. But you don't turn away a talent like Wallace who can impact the game on both ends of the court and with or without the ball to appease egos. If that guy is all that, he'll welcome the help/competition.

Exactly. If UK offers Cason Wallace they'd jump to leader position immediately. Arguably could have 3 of top 5 players in '22 class by time rankings end this year with Sharpe/Lively/Wallace.

Also taken into account they are in a battle to get Jalen Duren who will reclass or turn Pro and move out of top spot. Big game hunting is a lot easier when staff can evaluate talent which this one doesn't take a backseat at all right now.
Beard just grabbed Morris. Would be a good time to offer Wallace.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Do you guys think DJ Wagner is gonna be loyal enough to Cal to head to UK over the GLeague? Surely if its a college its UK and surely with his dad a former pro he wouldn't run to the money? I have no idea just asking you guys. Thanks

Do you guys think DJ Wagner is gonna be loyal enough to Cal to head to UK over the GLeague? Surely if its a college its UK and surely with his dad a former pro he wouldn't run to the money? I have no idea just asking you guys. Thanks
I think he will be at UK unless he goes straight to the pros.

And one more thing…

Don’t call me Shirley. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cason Wallace has 17, 9 and 7 as 4th Quarter just started up. Guy is going to be a top 5 player in the class and after reading some of the Rivals guys comments--expect Shaedon Sharpe to be bumped to #1 when Duren leaves class of '22.
Wow #1!? That's a huge jump from where he is now. #8 and #11 I think.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT