ADVERTISEMENT

Parrish doesn’t think we make elite 8

I think some folks have overestimated the actual roster from a talent standpoint, especially considering Edwards and Wagner struggles. The welcomed adjustment in style of play might mask some limitations and streaky play.

There are a lot of really good teams with rosters top to bottom that are on par or better than UKs. How the Cats navigate the SEC will tell
Us a lot about their March prospects.

I think some folks have overestimated the actual roster from a talent standpoint, especially considering Edwards and Wagner struggles. The welcomed adjustment in style of play might mask some limitations and streaky play.

There are a lot of really good teams with rosters top to bottom that are on par or better than UKs. How the Cats navigate the SEC will tell
There most certainly are not “a lot” of teams with rosters as good or better than ours.

And 40% chance of Elite Eight is fair enough.

Define "a lot", because by my reckoning there are damn few teams that can match our roster top to bottom. And the handfull that can are all being mentioned as final four favorites

Define "a lot", because by my reckoning there are damn few teams that can match our roster top to bottom. And the handfull that can are all being mentioned as final four favorites
I think if Wagner and Edwards don’t significantly perform at a higher level then it will lower UKs ceiling. UK isnt as good defensively as they need to be. Their best offensive player is their worst defender so you have some trading baskets that goes on. Wagner is nearly leading the team in minutes and shooting 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from 3. 2 of the 3 best players don’t start.

Don’t think about NBA draft projections when comparing rosters. It’s about rosters that are ready to compete for a title at the college level.

I would say at least 8-10 rosters meet that criteria if not more.

I think if Wagner and Edwards don’t significantly perform at a higher level then it will lower UKs ceiling. UK isnt as good defensively as they need to be. Their best offensive player is their worst defender so you have some trading baskets that goes on. Wagner is nearly leading the team in minutes and shooting 40 percent from the field and 28 percent from 3. 2 of the 3 best players don’t start.

Don’t think about NBA draft projections when comparing rosters. It’s about rosters that are ready to compete for a title at the college level.

I would say at least 8-10 rosters meet that criteria if not more.
Who allowed you and your rational, objective takes in here? LOL

Arizona, Marquette, UCONn, Purdue, Illinois (well with Shannon), Kansas, Houston, FAU, and UNC all have really good rosters.
Since we've already played them I've seen firsthand that Kansas and UNC lack our depth. I'd add UConn to this list as well, as it appears that they lack a replacement on their roster for their big man who went down. Arizona can probably go as deep as us w/ quality players. The others I've not seen enough to say one way or the other.

How can anyone have any confidence In Calipari considering the choke jobs we have seen since he has been here. It started in 2010 against WVA and other than having AD to save his butt in 2012 it has continued.
10-3 in games decided by 5 points or less in the NCAA tournament over his tenure here. That ain't choking. No other coach even comes close.

Last edited:
I agree with his coaching ability or lack of, but I think the talent rises to the top and we make the E-8. Parrish is a Cal hater, only way he gets clicks.

Yeah, these Cats have IT. Just hope all is pulled together for a great finish. I think the defense will come around just don't want ANY tinkering with the offense. That is what concerns me right now. It is down right scary what Cal will do in that area.

Not even acknowledging the Parrish person...

I don't have a problem with this at all. I *think* we're good enough to win it all, but we could also just as easily lose a headscratcher in the round of 32 or in the sweet 16. We are good, but we are not dominant like a 2012 or 2015 team.
We may not be dominate, at least not yet, but the team is constructed in a modern way now. We have the kind of guards needed to win in the tournament again.

Since we've already played them I've seen firsthand that Kansas and UNC lack our depth. I'd add UConn to this list as well, as it appears that they lack a replacement on their roster for their big man who went down. Arizona can probably go as deep as us w/ quality players. The others I've not seen enough to say one way or the other.
Don’t overreact to one game. UNC outshot the Cats 47 to 41 percent. UNC has the roster. You don’t need 10 guys. You need 7-8.

I know people don’t trust Cal recently but even in 2019 we made the Elite 8. That’s not ages ago. Remember that Jay Wright totally changed his narrative to “best coach” simply by fielding great teams in 3 years in a row. Before that he was known as a huge choker and underachiever.

You got that AC/DC stuff going on or I am in the twilight zone... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
So, they lost. People over react to the UNC-W game too.
True. But winning or losing big games in November and December doesnt really mean anything in terms of eliminating teams. Arizona lost to Purdue and FAU but they can win it all.

However the UNCW loss will likely be the worst loss of any “contender”

Reactions: Fox2monk
True. But winning or losing big games in November and December doesnt really mean anything in terms of eliminating teams. Arizona lost to Purdue and FAU but they can win it all.

However the UNCW loss will likely be the worst loss of any “contender”
I don’t think it eliminated any of those teams, I also don’t think it eliminates us. I believe we are as capable as any team to get a final four this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT