ADVERTISEMENT

Parrish doesn’t think we make elite 8

I don’t think it eliminated any of those teams, I also don’t think it eliminates us. I believe we are as capable as any team to get a final four this year.
I think Arizona, Purdue are probably the favorites. FAU obviously proved they are a threat still. I’d put Us at the 5-8 teams in the second tier who can win it. We need to go out and prove it but I believe we could be one of the best 4 by the end of the year.

I can’t think of 1 team that matches up with us
This is just what journalists do, talk crap
Purdue not a great matchup for us. Edey would likely feast and they actually have some guys around him this year.

True. But winning or losing big games in November and December doesnt really mean anything in terms of eliminating teams. Arizona lost to Purdue and FAU but they can win it all.

However the UNCW loss will likely be the worst loss of any “contender”
Bryant is in the same ballpark.

Let them pick, whyo cares. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Heck most opinions including most of ours are wrong till proven right. I am not sure where this team will stand come tourney time. As long as they work hard on the court and play smart ball we will be fine. Just have to wait and see.

I will issue an open $100,000 bet to Garrrrrrry Parrish and his awful hair that we make the elite 8. No juice, no odds.

Don’t overreact to one game. UNC outshot the Cats 47 to 41 percent. UNC has the roster. You don’t need 10 guys. You need 7-8.
I’ll take our 7-8 of Shep, Dilly, Reeves, Mitchell, Bradshaw, Wagner, Adou, Ugo over just about everyone else. Never know what will happen in the tournament but no team will want us in their bracket come March

I'll bet most of those we were ahead by 15 with 2 minutes to play.

Well Princeton wasn't, 2014 wst wasn't, 2014 michigan wasn't, 2014 Wisconsin wasn't, 2015 ND wasn't, 2019 Houston wasn't, 2017 wst wasn't, etc. Idk about the rest but don't really seeing any that fit your narrative.

To go at the other poster a bit, it's convenient he did 5 points or less as calipari has lost several ncaa games by 6 or 7, including to dog crap st Peter's. He also lost by 6 to 2014 uconn, 2023 ksu, 6 to 2016 indiana and 7 to 2010 WVU. And 2015 wisconsin. If there is one thing calipari teams are consistent at is the tournament loss will be a devastating close defeat.

How can anyone have any confidence In Calipari considering the choke jobs we have seen since he has been here. It started in 2010 against WVA and other than having AD to save his butt in 2012 it has continued.
It's called common sense. Cal with talent wins. Every talented team he has had has made Elite 8 or better. The talent on this year's team is leaps and bounds over the talent in the under performing years. Even 2010 had high end talent but wasn't deep at all. This team is balanced with talent 1-8 and options 9 and 10 would have been starting on the teams we have had the past 5 years. It's pretty obvious to anyone who has been paying attention.

It's called common sense. Cal with talent wins. Every talented team he has had has made Elite 8 or better. The talent on this year's team is leaps and bounds over the talent in the under performing years. Even 2010 had high end talent but wasn't deep at all. This team is balanced with talent 1-8 and options 9 and 10 would have been starting on the teams we have had the past 5 years. It's pretty obvious to anyone who has been paying attention.
Guess it depends on how you define talent. I would call 2018 pretty talented. 2016 certainly had a talented backcourt, but lacked inside punch.

I'm glad you posted this...I was confused about the AC/DC reference

Sigh... Fox2 been on an anti Cal-rant (Though I agreed with him.), now he's on a pro-Cal rant or two lately. AC/DC (Switching) though AC/DC meant something else back in the day if you meant it that way. I thought Fox2 may have been trying to keep me spaced out.. To each his own... :rolleyes:

A few people I can mess with and they don't take offense at it, (Fox2 being one of them.) they just laugh and enjoy friendly ribbing...others... I learn who quickly... Take care...

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluelou
Golden Earring did Twilight Zone, not AC/DC.

man-in-suit-head-scratch-d1fi3q8yncyhmooz.gif

200w.gif

Considering everything, it's not actually that controversial Parrish thinks that.

Now, if he thought UK wouldn't make the NCAA tournament field, then THAT rises to true idiocy.

But not making the elite eight, ok. Thanks for the thought GP. Maybe he'll change it a little later on.

Guess it depends on how you define talent. I would call 2018 pretty talented. 2016 certainly had a talented backcourt, but lacked inside punch.
For me 2018 lacked high end talent. Had several above average talented players but didn't have star power or top echelon talent. More talented than some other teams that year? Sure. As talented as 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017? Not even close to me.

2011 was a good comparison to 2018 IMO but 2011 overperformed. Probably Cals only team to do that in his tenure here but an argument can be made that 2014 did as well. 2014 was flush with talent though just had a rough season and performed to ability in the tournament.

2016 was too shallow and I think we all knew they weren't a title contender.

Yeah, these Cats have IT. Just hope all is pulled together for a great finish. I think the defense will come around just don't want ANY tinkering with the offense. That is what concerns me right now. It is down right scary what Cal will do in that area.

Not even acknowledging the Parrish person...
What, you mean no tweak?! Come on man, where is your sense of adventure?!

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
Sigh... Fox2 been on an anti Cal-rant (Though I agreed with him.), now he's on a pro-Cal rant or two lately. AC/DC (Switching) though AC/DC meant something else back in the day if you meant it that way. I thought Fox2 may have been trying to keep me spaced out.. To each his own... :rolleyes:

A few people I can mess with and they don't take offense at it, (Fox2 being one of them.) they just laugh and enjoy friendly ribbing...others... I learn who quickly... Take care...
I took no offense at all, if I'm who you're referring to. My mind went immediately to the band, not the voltage, so, as I said in the post you referenced, I was confused. Then bucsrule made his post about golden earring, who sings the song Twilight Zone, and it cleared things up for me. Then you replied w/ this post, suggesting you weren't making a Twilight Zone reference, so now I'm confused again.

I took no offense at all, if I'm who you're referring to. My mind went immediately to the band, not the voltage, so, as I said in the post you referenced, I was confused. Then bucsrule made his post about golden earring, who sings the song Twilight Zone, and it cleared things up for me. Then you replied w/ this post, suggesting you weren't making a Twilight Zone reference, so now I'm confused again.

At least you took as long to explain as I did. You "ain't" all bad... jk jk, just picked you to post about. No motive...

Now, the BigLou guy, he's a mess but don't tell him I told you...

• Wow
At least you took as long to explain as I did. You "ain't" all bad... jk jk, just picked you to post about. No motive...

Now, the BigLou guy, he's a mess but don't tell him I told you...

That would hurt my feelings if I had any. ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
Defense and Rebounding are glaring weaknesses right now. Bradshaw and Edwards need to get more aggressive on the boards and Calipari needs to start focusing on the defensive side of the ball both internally and on the perimeter. As others have said, the SEC will show what this team’s ceiling is - there are some good teams in the SEC and the road won’t be easy. I expect some losses on the road and wouldn’t be surprised if they end up 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Defense and Rebounding are glaring weaknesses right now. Bradshaw and Edwards need to get more aggressive on the boards and Calipari needs to start focusing on the defensive side of the ball both internally and on the perimeter. As others have said, the SEC will show what this team’s ceiling is - there are some good teams in the SEC and the road won’t be easy. I expect some losses on the road and wouldn’t be surprised if they end up 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Rebounding?

How can anyone have any confidence In Calipari considering the choke jobs we have seen since he has been here. It started in 2010 against WVA and other than having AD to save his butt in 2012 it has continued.
Carmelo Anthony had to save boeheim

Christian laettner had to save ratace and when players stayed 4 years...or it would've been forever to win his first

Jordan had to save Dean Smith for his 1st.

Pitino had 9 pros

Fun game

Hell man, why do they even play. Just compare 2 pieces of paper and whoever looks best just give them the trophy!

Why aren't we all just cheering for eku, that way it can only be satisfying bc it will be players who were coached up!

Reactions: Mulder14
Arizona, Marquette, UCONn, Purdue, Illinois (well with Shannon), Kansas, Houston, FAU, and UNC all have really good rosters.
Lmao and we led the cheats damn near wire to wire. They led for like one single minute. Also, led KU 75/80% of that game, which was our third game of the season. We looked like the better team actually. We are better than both the cheats and KU. You can mark them off your list. 😉

Robert Parrish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gary Parrish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT