ADVERTISEMENT

Dook and Michigan State among most disappointing teams so far

The problem for Duke is that their PG Tyrese Procter was supposed to take a massive jump and be a surefire lotto pick. He hasn’t been bad, he’s improved some, but it hasn’t been the jump they expected at all. They also have no bench besides Caleb Foster, who should be starting over soft ass Jared McCain. The problem with Michigan State is that Izzo is completely washed. His mishandling of Xavier Booker should ensure he never lands another top 20 recruit.

The K era is ovah!
Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

Reactions: chroix
The problem for Duke is that their PG Tyrese Procter was supposed to take a massive jump and be a surefire lotto pick. He hasn’t been bad, he’s improved some, but it hasn’t been the jump they expected at all. They also have no bench besides Caleb Foster, who should be starting over soft ass Jared McCain. The problem with Michigan State is that Izzo is completely washed. His mishandling of Xavier Booker should ensure he never lands another top 20 recruit.
What’s going on with Booker, I read he doesn’t even play but like 4 minutes a game or something.

The bigger problem for Duke may be they have a staff with no experience. The jury is still out on if this group of coaches can get it done at that level.

Reactions: BigKari
What’s going on with Booker, I read he doesn’t even play but like 4 minutes a game or something.
Dude I have no idea what’s going on there but it’s odd. Only saw them play once this year, and obviously only caught a glimpse of Booker. It’s hard to imagine he’s worse than Sissoko and Cooper, but they’ve been getting the minutes and performing terribly. Sissoko just hasn’t really developed and Cooper is an absolute stiff. In Booker’s limited minutes, his stats have been awful, I can only really wonder if it’s a situation where they feel like he just hasn’t done what’s asked of him and he is doghoused. Idk I’ve never coached, but if your record is 4-5 it’s time to throw your 5 star out there for 25-30 minutes and see if he can get something going. There’s nothing to lose.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s more sad honestly but Kentucky basketball starting out 7-3 if they lose Saturday is a underwhelming start
And no one will care if we click at the end and make a deep run. We lost a close one with an entirely new roster save one guy against the then #1 where freshmen made freshmen mistakes down the stretch. The other one we lost was a close one against a team on fire down the stretch with yet another injury and trying to insert a new player.

Not ready to throw the towel in on these guys even if we lose more. To me, the make up of this team is as good as we've had in years, just may take them some time to put it all together.

And no one will care if we click at the end and make a deep run. We lost a close one with an entirely new roster save one guy against the then #1 where freshmen made freshmen mistakes down the stretch. The other one we lost was a close one against a team on fire down the stretch with yet another injury and trying to insert a new player.

Not ready to throw the towel in on these guys even if we lose more. To me, the make up of this team is as good as we've had in years, just may take them some time to put it all together.
They blew a 14 point lead to Kansas and choked that game away, I can forgive that game though because of the front court issues. UNCW is unforgivable, that’s a terrible loss and Kentucky should never be losing at home to a team like that. They do have the make up of a team that could make a run. But Kentucky basketball is becoming a “if” or “ but” Program. If this happens or but that happened. Excuses keep on getting made when Kentucky just didn’t step up and win and the same mistakes have been made.

Reactions: gharding07
They blew a 14 point lead to Kansas and choked that game away, I can forgive that game though because of the front court issues. UNCW is unforgivable, that’s a terrible loss and Kentucky should never be losing at home to a team like that. They do have the make up of a team that could make a run. But Kentucky basketball is becoming a “if” or “ but” Program. If this happens or but that happened. Excuses keep on getting made when Kentucky just didn’t step up and win and the same mistakes have been made.
You're not wrong, but the landscape is changing.

MIch St, Dook struggling. Nova loses at home to St Joes, Lost to Penn and Drexel. They days of fielding nearly unbeatable teams at home, around the country, may be closing. Someone said the other day that the gap between 140-160 and the top 10 is as narrow as it's ever been. We had the first #1 seed lose to a 16 a few years back.

It's just not 1996 anymore, it just isn't, the landscape is vastly different. I'm sure I'm leaving out some other head scratchers but I think we'll continue to see upsets around the country much more frequently than we've been used to.

You're not wrong, but the landscape is changing.

MIch St, Dook struggling. Nova loses at home to St Joes, Lost to Penn and Drexel. They days of fielding nearly unbeatable teams at home, around the country, may be closing. Someone said the other day that the gap between 140-160 and the top 10 is as narrow as it's ever been. We had the first #1 seed lose to a 16 a few years back.

It's just not 1996 anymore, it just isn't, the landscape is vastly different. I'm sure I'm leaving out some other head scratchers but I think we'll continue to see upsets around the country much more frequently than we've been used to.
The tournament being nuetral site is more forgivable than losing at home to mid major teams. MSU I will give them this they have played a tough schedule, Duke their guards are bad

Dude I have no idea what’s going on there but it’s odd. Only saw them play once this year, and obviously only caught a glimpse of Booker. It’s hard to imagine he’s worse than Sissoko and Cooper, but they’ve been getting the minutes and performing terribly. Sissoko just hasn’t really developed and Cooper is an absolute stiff. In Booker’s limited minutes, his stats have been awful, I can only really wonder if it’s a situation where they feel like he just hasn’t done what’s asked of him and he is doghoused. Idk I’ve never coached, but if your record is 4-5 it’s time to throw your 5 star out there for 25-30 minutes and see if he can get something going. There’s nothing to lose.
I would think so, either that or he’s horribly overrated and awful must like Askew and Whitney were here. Even Cal tried with Whitney and eventually gave up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT