ADVERTISEMENT

Parrish doesn’t think we make elite 8

They rebounded 40% of their chances on offense, which would be right around worst in the country for opponents’ offensive rebounding if it were for a whole season.

We only grabbed 20% of our offensive rebound chances, which would also be close to last in the country for a whole season.

Definitely was a rough spot last night.

Thanks!

I was WAY off....

Reactions: Aike
I’ll take our 7-8 of Shep, Dilly, Reeves, Mitchell, Bradshaw, Wagner, Adou, Ugo over just about everyone else. Never know what will happen in the tournament but no team will want us in their bracket come March
I have a simple solution if a bunch of freshmen beat Jr and Sr’s in Nov and Dec I’m taking the young guys in March and April

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Thanks!

I was WAY off....
Still only one game. We usually do a fair job on the defensive glass, but our offensive rebounding hasn’t been good all season.

A lot of that comes from our bigs being more spread out on the perimeter, but I would think we’ll improve at sliding Bradshaw and Onyenso into the dunker spot, especially on DJ’s drives.

Reactions: Ky grandpa and BBUK
Maybe it's just me not understanding the game well enough. (I admit being a novice at basketball strategy.)

I saw the total rebounds at 40-35 yesterday going towards Illini State. On the surface to me that looks bad.

Then I look at the break down...

Off rebounds 20, Def rebounds 20 for the Illini
Off rebounds 5, Def rebounds 30 for UK...

Then I look at FG percentages:

FG% Illini 32.9

FG% UK 57.1

Illini took 79 shots

UK took 63 shots

UK had 16 less chances for Offensive rebounds than the Illini did just due to hitting there shots. (This is a rough figure.)

On the defensive rebound side UK stomped the Illini 30-20...

Am I looking at this wrong?

@Aike (I just saw you post.) Am I off base? Thanks
Anytime a cupcake out rebounds you it’s not good. Especially when your two 7 footers combine for 3 rebounds.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Still only one game. We usually do a fair job on the defensive glass, but our offensive rebounding hasn’t been good all season.

A lot of that comes from our bigs being more spread out on the perimeter, but I would think we’ll improve at sliding Bradshaw and Onyenso into the dunker spot, especially on DJ’s drives.

Thanks again Aike!

Apologies in advance... I do not know why but when I see you post I always think of....

billy-ray-cyrus-achy-breaky-heart.gif

😁

• Haha
Reactions: Aike and Ky grandpa
Parish crap is still going on, lol... He knows as little as I do about college BB and I have not kept up in 10 years... So that makes him an idiot just for that... Can't believe any word he writes or say's about teams he knows nothing about... lol What an idiot....

GBB

Maybe it's just me not understanding the game well enough. (I admit being a novice at basketball strategy.)

I saw the total rebounds at 40-35 yesterday going towards Illini State. On the surface to me that looks bad.

Then I look at the break down...

Off rebounds 20, Def rebounds 20 for the Illini
Off rebounds 5, Def rebounds 30 for UK...

Then I look at FG percentages:

FG% Illini 32.9

FG% UK 57.1

Illini took 79 shots

UK took 63 shots

UK had 16 less chances for Offensive rebounds than the Illini did just due to hitting there shots. (This is a rough figure.)

On the defensive rebound side UK stomped the Illini 30-20...

Am I looking at this wrong?

@Aike (I just saw you post.) Am I off base? Thanks
With us hitting a higher %, there were less opportunities for IS to get a defensive rebound, same as it was for us to get an offensive rebound.

Reactions: BBUK
Can always worry about anything. Guys just have to play their game. This team is so freaking balanced offensively. I don't know how you defend them tbh.
This! Very well balanced! If we ever get Big Z eligible, my goodness. Imagine using him to pull a guy like Edey out to the 3 point line. Say goodnight! Just don’t know how any team can defend us.

Uk better be glad they can score a lot of points because their defense sucks. They rank 203 in points allowed per game in the nation. Embarrassing. I agree with Parrish if they don't improve defensively it maybe an early exit in the tourney.
While I agree, defense needs to improve. This metric can be difficult to judge, though. Simply because the opposition is naturally gonna be able to get more shots up against UK, due to high number of possessions. Therefore, more opportunity to score.

Reactions: BBUK
Making tournament predictions at this point in the season is foolish. We don't know who will be in or out, which teams will be matched up in different regions, or where the teams will be playing. It's just a blind guess. Parrish is just looking for hits. He has no clue. This UK team can beat anyone in the country. If they improve their defense, they could make a Final Four run and possibly win it all.

Arizona, Marquette, UCONn, Purdue, Illinois (well with Shannon), Kansas, Houston, FAU, and UNC all have really good rosters.
Of all of the teams above, I’d say 2 of them make the final 4. The other two will come from teams nobody gave any thought to. Us included. I’ve watched all of these teams play, shooting is the key. We have great shooters. We can definitely make a deep run. I’m not scared of any of the teams above. We can play with any of them

No teams are great this year. Purdue is probably the best, but every time they anoint some team as great, like Arizona, they crap the bed. Season is wide open.

Reactions: Mark80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT