ADVERTISEMENT

Padgett OUT as UL coach

pearl_eater.jpg
Check out the lettuce.

Hopefully the Louisville players who stay during this rough time are forever known as the Un-whore-getables.

Reactions: Cindog28
Padgett had the word "interim" in his job title and knew he wasn't going to be kept for after this season.

Absolutely. No way UL could keep a member of the former staff who was part of two back to back cheating scandals. DP knew there were hooker parties going on in Minardi Hall. Every single person significantly associated with the program knew. Rick, the assistants coaches, trainers, managers, players, etc., etc., etc. DP knew about paying recruits as well, the whole staff did. They would have to, to think anything else is freaking fantasy land

My guess is that as part of DP taking the job it was understood this season only. Once the FBI scandal broke, the new UL brass had ability to oust the corruption and control of Jurich and Pitino. No way any previous Rick assistant is going to remain in any long term function This was going to be a "throw away" year.

How could the sanctions NOT be severe?
.....see UNC. IF the sanctions are scholarship reductions and fines, the next coach won’t care. If they involve a post season ban, it might depend on if it’s a year or two year ban - I don’t see th NCAA being that severe.

I actually feel bad for UL.

Not over the scandal(s).
Not over the vacated wins.
Not over the stripped Final 4.
Not over the stripped title.
Not over the sanctions still looming overhead.

For the fact they have a legit psycho representing them over there. It makes my head hurt just reading that drivel. I honestly feel bad for their fans on their board who can't even talk about hiring a new (non scandal producing) coach without that crap.

Makes me love our crazy UK fans a little more. There's not one on this board (in the years I've been lurking and reading) to compare.

I actually feel bad for UL.

Not over the scandal(s).
Not over the vacated wins.
Not over the stripped Final 4.
Not over the stripped title.
Not over the sanctions still looming overhead.

For the fact they have a legit psycho representing them over there. It makes my head hurt just reading that drivel. I honestly feel bad for their fans on their board who can't even talk about hiring a new (non scandal producing) coach without that crap.

Makes me love our crazy UK fans a little more. There's not one on this board (in the years I've been lurking and reading) to compare.

The mods on that board have given several posters carte blanche and anyone arguing opposing views risks being banned. that’s why there’s only a handful of posters.
The scout board is more of the same.

Reactions: CoachV182
.....see UNC. IF the sanctions are scholarship reductions and fines, the next coach won’t care. If they involve a post season ban, it might depend on if it’s a year or two year ban - I don’t see th NCAA being that severe.

They paid a player 100K while ALREADY on probation for the hooker scandal. Having the nerve to cheat while already in trouble for cheating will guarantee they will get a severe penalty. They'll never shut a program down again but if there was ever a reason to do what they did to SMU, they've got one here with UofL.

Another year ban from tournament (plus other penalties) at a minimum, if they're lucky. I understand UNC got away with their stuff on a technicality, but the NCAA just took away an NCAA title and 2 final fours from UofL and they continued to cheat. Not seeing anyway the NCAA just lets them slide with a slap on the wrist here.

UofL will not be treated like others involved in the FBI deal and rightfully so. This is ANOTHER major scandal that involves UofL coaches, which sets them apart from any of the other programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT