ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One year ago, my sister finished chemo, today we are at the SEC tournament!

xtra12

Sophomore
Mar 18, 2007
My family and I are massive Kentucky fans, grew up that way and raise our children that way. Two years ago, my sister was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer, which is one of the most aggressive kinds. Through the pandemic, it was chemo, then radiation, then chemo, then more radiation and surgery all while juggling two teenage boys. One of the things she always said that she never got to do was an SEC tournament.

Well, she is now cancer free, and we have our booklet and are in Tampa ready to cheer on the Cats. There are certain things in life that make you appreciate things like this even more.

I just wanted to rejoice with my fellow Cat fans and let everyone know we will be there to cheer them on!

Good for your sister OP!! Cancer sucks ass. I'm so glad to hear she's cancer free!! I was diagnosed in September and had surgery 9 days ago. I'll learn if I need chemo/radiation when I go back for my first check up.

You and your sister give out some " GO BIG BLUE" shouts for me, will you? :)

Congrats and best wishes ! We always used to go to the SECt way back when they first started it back up. Really miss going to them.

Pull our Cats' in, bring that big blue mist!

Reactions: downthehatch
So happy to hear the good news and I hope the entire family rejoices and loves every minute of it (especially the last minutes of the finals). Two and a half years ago my wife and I were thinking about driving around the south for the SEC season, and seeing as many UK games as possible. Then the lockdowns hit and it didn't seem like such a good idea. I will try to enjoy the tournament vicariously through you and your family. And maybe next year.

My family and I are massive Kentucky fans, grew up that way and raise our children that way. Two years ago, my sister was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer, which is one of the most aggressive kinds. Through the pandemic, it was chemo, then radiation, then chemo, then more radiation and surgery all while juggling two teenage boys. One of the things she always said that she never got to do was an SEC tournament.

Well, she is now cancer free, and we have our booklet and are in Tampa ready to cheer on the Cats. There are certain things in life that make you appreciate things like this even more.

I just wanted to rejoice with my fellow Cat fans and let everyone know we will be there to cheer them on!

PRAISE HIM !!! 🙏🏻

What a great story of determination, persistence and grit !!! I'm so happy for your sister!!! 🙏🏻

AlohaCat

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk

He'll yes ! I love to hear stories of folks kicking cancers ass.

Awesome! God is good, as is modern medicine. Hopefully the Cats rock out Tampa and reward your passion and travel with a couple W’s and bring home number 32! Then #9!! C A T S Cats Cats Cats!!!

Reactions: HICATFAN
Good for your sister OP!! Cancer sucks ass. I'm so glad to hear she's cancer free!! I was diagnosed in September and had surgery 9 days ago. I'll learn if I need chemo/radiation when I go back for my first check up.

You and your sister give out some " GO BIG BLUE" shouts for me, will you? :)
Prayers for you Big Blue Brother! May the lord bless you with a cancer free diagnosis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT