ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chet Holmgren possible ligament damage in foot

Holmgren and Williamson were the two recent players I thought had a high likelihood to have chronic issues. Their frames, for different reasons, don’t scream long term high level athlete.
This.

Reactions: jgraf_1
They’ll get another one next season won’t they?

Maybe. The lottery is much more random now. Even the worst team only has like a 55% chance to land a top 3 pick.

Houston was the worst team the last two years, and neither year did they get the #1 pick. Granted, that's always a possibility, but even more so now.

It's basically random at this point if you can get that generational player.

Really wanted to see what he could do as a rookie. Didn't expect him to be in the league long, but he is an incredible talent.

Houston knocked it out of the park all 1st round

Yep. I was throughly impressed. We got everyone we hoped to get for where we drafted, and even added an additional 2nd round pick.

Out of last place and into the bottom5... lets goooooooo!

Knew something like this would happen. Kid is just skin and bones. Just seem like a body full of tension.

Hope he recovers quickly.

its hard to be that tall and that skinny and hold up playing in the nba..........and he hadnt even made it to the nba yet.
but on the flip side thats the argument to why they took oden over durant. so who knows

I have had torn ligament back in the 60 when i was trying to play basketball. Was in a walking cast for about a month. Of course I was one that has always healed quickly. Gave up playing because I had weak ankles before tore the ligaments. Hopefully he can recover quickly as they have much better medical procedures today. Hope the best for him.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Terrible news for the young man. Never want to see players get injured at such a young age. Hope this does not jeopardize and linger his whole career.

Holmgren and Williamson were the two recent players I thought had a high likelihood to have chronic issues. Their frames, for different reasons, don’t scream long term high level athlete.

Chet for sure. Imo he obviously has a gland issue that will cause him major health problems even beyond the court. I hate that for him but also think it's just inevitable.

Thats why you leave asap imo. Wish ot wasn't like that but like dad always said wish in one hand and piss in the other and see which one fills up the fasted.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wow.

Just dont think he's gonna have much of an NBA career. Feel bad for him. This has to be soul crushing.

Confirmed he is out. Apparently injured during some Pro-Am game that LeBron played in, while guarding LeBron.

Wonder if that was a sanctioned activity? Could effect if the thunder pays him or not.

Reactions: ORCAT
Confirmed he is out. Apparently injured during some Pro-Am game that LeBron played in, while guarding LeBron.

Wonder if that was a sanctioned activity? Could effect if the thunder pays him or not.
Just saw that he is out for the entire season. Nothing against this kid so will wish him the best and that he's able to prove us wrong and have a solid NBA career. Not a very good start for him though.

Looks like it's a lisfranc injury. Terrible for him.
I had that. I. Twisted my ankle then slipped in the bathroom trying to help my mom get out of the shower and of course naturally tired to land on my twisted ankle. Did not go well. Foot folded up on itself. Pain? Oh my goodness the pain. Hurts like a son of a ……. Had to have three screws in my foot to repair. Mom of course felt guilty as hell. Was in a boot for like a month and then couldn’t wear regular shoe ok in for like another week.

Foot injuries just never heal quite right. Ever. Mine still hurts when it’s way overused or it gets bone chilling cold.

I had a lisfranc injury to my left foot in 2013. Been dealing with it since. I can go weeks and my foot not hurt at all, then all of a sudden it will swell up and is very painful at times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT