ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ACC football schedule

It looks like the ACC left the door open for end of season SEC rivalries (GT/UGA, FSU/UF, UL/UK) but recent reports have the SEC going to a 10-game conference only schedule.

Reactions: Smashcat
SEC says they're playing conference only.

Games were supposed to start in about a month. People don't even know what the schedule is yet. This season just ain't going to happen.

Got to say UL fans have got to be pretty happy that Clemson dropped from the schedule. They still have ND but they were supposed to play both. Given that there isn’t another surefire top 25 Team in the conference they have to be feeling good.

I sure hope the SEC throws us a similar favor. You can drop UGA from our schedule and give us Arkansas or Ole Miss please

On the same day the ACC announced that its football teams will play an 11-game season including a 10-game conference schedule and one nonconference game, the SEC reportedly took a step toward finding its own path forward to play college football this fall. The league is "moving closer" to playing a 10-game conference only slate for the 2020 season, according to Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellinger.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
-ND will become a full-time ACC football member thanks to Covid-scheduling

-probably will be unpopular but I hope this season's scheduling leads to permanent conference-only schedules(or at least 90%) across college football

It looks like the ACC left the door open for end of season SEC rivalries (GT/UGA, FSU/UF, UL/UK) but recent reports have the SEC going to a 10-game conference only schedule.

Sankey said speculation was inappropriate at th his time and when a decision is made an announcement will be made.

It's an easy out for the ACC, those 4 rivalry games are not going their way right now. I will be surprised if the SEC willingly plays less games than the ACC plays.

Lol.
Got to say UL fans have got to be pretty happy that Clemson dropped from the schedule. They still have ND but they were supposed to play both. Given that there isn’t another surefire top 25 Team in the conference they have to be feeling good.

I sure hope the SEC throws us a similar favor. You can drop UGA from our schedule and give us Arkansas or Ole Miss please
LOL. you know damn good and well we’re getting Bama and LSU added. Possibly best team in school history and You know the SEC doesn’t want to do us any favors.

-ND will become a full-time ACC football member thanks to Covid-scheduling

-probably will be unpopular but I hope this season's scheduling leads to permanent conference-only schedules(or at least 90%) across college football
Not gonna happen. It is a one and done deal. The Irish will win the ACC championship and go back to iNDepeNDence next year.

I think North Carolina's schedule turns out to be ok...ND and VT at home and FSU and Miami on the road. So we basically add a good home game and swap UCF with FSU, even though that makes three straight trips to Tallahassee without a return game in Chapel Hill. It'd be cool if they moved the Chic-fila-a Kickoff to Charlotte, so we could still play Auburn (OOC games have to be in ACC school's home state), but I don't see that happening.

I think we can expect an announcement about SEC schedules very soon, maybe this afternoon. The presidents are suppose to be meeting with conference officials today. If they come up with a solution there is no reason not to make it known.

Not gonna happen. It is a one and done deal. The Irish will win the ACC championship and go back to iNDepeNDence next year.
No...Clemson will win. ND will finish 2nd. Irish are never as good as the media tries to say they are.

Huge break for UL not having to play Clemson. Unfortunately for them, there are still quite a few losses on that schedule.

If both SEC and ACC go to full conference schedules, I could see UK and UL having similar W-L records. UK is better than UL but ACC is far weaker than SEC even with ND in the mix.

Lol.

LOL. you know damn good and well we’re getting Bama and LSU added. Possibly best team in school history and You know the SEC doesn’t want to do us any favors.
Probably will get AL, AU, LSU,FL, GA in consecutive weeks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT