ADVERTISEMENT

ACC looking strong tonight

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Syracuse down 38-0 to USF (of the mighty AAC) late in the 3rd. Syracuse's leading rusher who rushed for > 100 yards their last 4 games against ACC opponents has -2 yards on 12 carries this game.

Oh yeah, UCF defense average giving up 35 ppg this year.

Last edited:
Picking USF was an easy pick. I heard during the bball fame Syracuse didn't have any healthy QBs or something.

I am picking against GA tech and Duke in upcoming acc gamed as well. They suck.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Syracuse down 38-0 to UCF late in the 3rd. Syracuse's leading rusher who rushed for > 100 yards their last 4 games against ACC opponents has -2 yards on 12 carries this game.

Yet, they are in 11 bowls...go figure

One thing I will never complain about is too many football games lol.
After the Final Four, the weather is warmer but it’s a cold, dark Siberian winter in my sports brain. When I’m looking forward to tennis tournaments in the spring and summer, that’s not exactly ideal. Sad college football is coming to a quick end, as always. Goes too fast.

One thing I will never complain about is too many football games lol.
I probably speak for the majority although I recognize that there are many who disagree when I say that, other than perhaps 3 or 4 bowls games outside the CFP playoff, I don't watch and don't care about the outcome of any of the bowl games. Two mid-tier 8-4 or 7-5 teams playing a bowl game that determines exactly nothing? No, thank you, I've got other things to do with my time versus spending 3+ hours on that game. I'll watch parts of the NY6 games, UK's game, of course, the playoff games and that's probably it. And, during the season, I watch a LOT of CFB across the whole spectrum (living in MST helps a bunch as West Coast games occur at a reasonable time). But, 'bowl season' has become about 6-8 games total for me. The other 30+ games might as well not be played. To each their own, of course.

I probably speak for the majority although I recognize that there are many who disagree when I say that, other than perhaps 3 or 4 bowls games outside the CFP playoff, I don't watch and don't care about the outcome of any of the bowl games. Two mid-tier 8-4 or 7-5 teams playing a bowl game that determines exactly nothing? No, thank you, I've got other things to do with my time versus spending 3+ hours on that game. I'll watch parts of the NY6 games, UK's game, of course, the playoff games and that's probably it. And, during the season, I watch a LOT of CFB across the whole spectrum (living in MST helps a bunch as West Coast games occur at a reasonable time). But, 'bowl season' has become about 6-8 games total for me. The other 30+ games might as well not be played. To each their own, of course.
No, I get it. I've lost some passion for bowl season too. But I'll never complain for too much football.

More people watched UCLA-Boise St football game Sat than a top 15 college basketball game between 2 of the 5 most historic most storied programs played the same day

After the Final Four, the weather is warmer but it’s a cold, dark Siberian winter in my sports brain. When I’m looking forward to tennis tournaments in the spring and summer, that’s not exactly ideal. Sad college football is coming to a quick end, as always. Goes too fast.
Yea I'm the same way and I even cancel my live tv service as soon the the NCAAT is over. But I would be all for moving college basketball back a couple of months to maybe starting in January and having May Madness. That way college basketball could have all the spotlight once the football playoffs are over. Outside of the hardcore basketball fans, nobody watches or cares about November and December games and it's a shame because there are lots of good OOC matchups. Plus, there wouldn't be such a long offseason in between the two major sports. April-Septmeber is a long time to wait for football to start. If we spread it out, we would only have the summer months without the big two and summer seems to fly by anyway.

Syracuse down 38-0 to UCF late in the 3rd. Syracuse's leading rusher who rushed for > 100 yards their last 4 games against ACC opponents has -2 yards on 12 carries this game.

Ucf is playing Georgia tech tonight

UCF are the annoying fans on the planet. GG, Syracuse. Just give those annoying little shits more ammo.

hope the ACC takes a beating every game they play. The conference is weak in football. We need to hold up our part of the deal vs Clemson.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
It cracks me up when people complain about too many bowls, as though they're being forced to watch them.
Agree but when the "team" shows up without a QB, like last night, or even UK last year who basically went to Nashville with no offense, sort of hard to justify 3 hours of watching a dull non competitive game

As has been said a number of times, if the players and team don't much care . . . why should anyone else?

Reactions: gamecockcat
I don't give a crap about the ACC but I felt the need to correct this. UCF is a Big 12 team.
Already corrected. USF played Syracuse. They're in the AAC. As you pointed out, UCF is now in the B12. They played Ga Tech last night and lost.

I don't give a crap about the ACC but I felt the need to correct this. UCF is a Big 12 team.
Indeed, my error.

But I think we need to use quotation marks for purposes of ridicule for at least three seasons . . . .

hence . . .

UCF is a “Big 12 team,” don’t you know!

Reactions: sobester
Agree but when the "team" shows up without a QB, like last night, or even UK last year who basically went to Nashville with no offense, sort of hard to justify 3 hours of watching a dull non competitive game

As has been said a number of times, if the players and team don't much care . . . why should anyone else?
Well...keep in mind that no one is forced to watch. The USF v Syracuse game was competitive on paper when the game was announced, but things change and there's nothing the bowl can do about that.

Reactions: The-Hack
If you are watching the ACC tonight Virginia Tech won and North Carolina lost right according to the expert predictions. Louisville is now down 21-7 to USC. If Louisville were winning, I'd find something else to watch but since they are losing, I'm entertained.

If you are watching the ACC tonight Virginia Tech won and North Carolina lost right according to the expert predictions. Louisville is now down 21-7 to USC. If Louisville were winning, I'd find something else to watch but since they are losing, I'm entertained.
Their board is entertaining. 50 percent blame the refs. 45 percent blame everyone but Brohm because to do so would destroy the narrative of a looming dynasty. 5 percent are sane adults.

Completely serious when I say they are without a doubt the worst 10-win P5 conference team in history.

Bad conference

Avoided all the good teams in the bad conference

Got backup qbs against the bad teams in a bad conference

The team they beat thst was supposed to be good wasn’t and that was at home with 5 turnovers

Had fluke wins against bad teams

Got an extra game because of all of the above and being on the bad side of that bad conference.

I feel bad for Plummer because that’s just one guy and an easy fix. They blame everything on him because otherwise you have to blame Brohm (not an easy fix) or overall talent (not an easy fix).

If you just blame the qb (and the refs of course) then just slot in a new one and you’re 15-0 and national champion.

It really is a study in child psychology.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT