ADVERTISEMENT

OMG, Jay Williams just said UK could win the National Championship IF......

Besides leaving a healthy Duke out of the top 3, why?

Free throw shooting and 3 point shooting will cost Duke in the tournament. They are tied for 311th in 3 point percentage and tied for 253rd in free throw percentage. I think I heard the other day that if Duke won the title they would be the lowest shooting 3 point team ever.

All I know is PJ has turned it on. We have balance and Nick looks like the light switch went off. We have 7 guys who bring it and Cals best teams have a killer 7 man rotation.

Man I like where you’re going with this. Lol. I just think it’s going to be impossible to only play 7 guys from this group. I just think this is one of the exception kind of years where we’re better with 8,9 and giving rest to those playing so hard they need a break. Every one is playing so good that when they get in, it’s hard to take them back out. Lol. Great problem to have right now for sure. I’m loving every second of it too.

We will probably be 7 main guys and a couple just playing four or five minutes a game but I just can’t see how you can’t give Baker 10-15 minutes a game, especially if he’s hitting his shots. He’s playing good / great defense right now and looks like he’s just now getting going. I think he’s just now getting truly comfortable with his knees. Lol. WOW if he keeps getting better,
Hard to keep off the floor.

If Quickly is playing as well as he has he deserves at minimum 10 minutes a game or more. The four bigs are going to split with PJ getting 30, and If Richards keeps improving, Look out! Lmao. I’m tickled to death about it and it’s not worrying it’s more wondering!! It’s working so until someone loses their minutes, hard to take them away. Plus as hard as we play everyone will need 10 minutes of game time to rest and the best thing is, we don’t lose anything by subs coming in if they’re playing well.

I sit here with the biggest smile on my face you ever saw. Haha. Anyway, I’m so proud of this group of guys and how hard they’ve worked!! After that first loss, they could’ve put their heads between their legs and quit believing, ,, they didn’t and went to work and it’s been one of the biggest and best Coaches jobs I’ve seen for Coach Cal. He doesn’t deserve all the credit, as the kids had to put in the work, but he has shown them and they’re listening. It’s all coming together, and I really believe it’s because these kids really love and respect each other. We have a team guys!

I just don’t see anyone else beating us as of today. I really don’t. I think we’re going to win out and continue to play tough defense, we’re only getting better by the day. We may lose more games, but it won’t be because we’re not going to show up and fight. I’ll leave it at that. I love my team.

Last edited:
Man I like where you’re going with this. Lol. I just think it’s going to be impossible to only play 7 guys from this group. I just think this is one of the exception kind of years where we’re better with 8,9 and giving rest to those playing so hard they need a break. Every one is playing so good that when they get in, it’s hard to take them back out. Lol. Great problem to have right now for sure. I’m loving every second of it too.

We will probably be 7 main guys and a couple just playing four or five minutes a game but I just can’t see how you can’t give Baker 10-15 minutes a game, especially if he’s hitting his shots. He’s playing good / great defense right now and looks like he’s just now getting going. I think he’s just now getting truly comfortable with his knees. Lol. WOW if he keeps getting better,
Hard to keep off the floor.

If Quickly is playing as well as he has he deserves at minimum 10 minutes a game or more. The four bigs are going to split with PJ getting 30, and If Richards keeps improving, Look out! Lmao. I’m tickled to death about it and it’s not worrying it’s more wondering!! It’s working so until someone loses their minutes, hard to take them away. Plus as hard as we play everyone will need 10 minutes of game time to rest and the best thing is, we don’t lose anything by subs coming in if they’re playing well.

I sit here with the biggest smile on my face you ever saw. Haha. Anyway, I’m so proud of this group of guys and how hard they’ve worked!! After that first loss, they could’ve put their heads between their legs and quit believing, ,, they didn’t and went to work and it’s been one of the biggest and best Coaches jobs I’ve seen for Coach Cal. He doesn’t deserve all the credit, as the kids had to put in the work, but he has shown them and they’re listening. It’s all coming together, and I really believe it’s because these kids really love and respect each other. We have a team guys!

I just don’t see anyone else beating us as of today. I really don’t. I think we’re going to win out and continue to play tough defense, we’re only getting better by the day. We may lose more games, but it won’t be because we’re not going to show up and fight. I’ll leave it at that. I love my team.
Oh yeah I don’t mean only 7 but Quickly and Nick have kind of separated themselves and give us what we need. Shooting and shot blocking. Now Baker and other can still contribute but the more we play 7 the most time, the better they get. You can see how everyone is getting more comfortable every game. Go Cats!

Oh yeah I don’t mean only 7 but Quickly and Nick have kind of separated themselves and give us what we need. Shooting and shot blocking. Now Baker and other can still contribute but the more we play 7 the most time, the better they get. You can see how everyone is getting more comfortable every game. Go Cats!

Yeah I know what you mean. It’s sure been great watching them evolve from the beginning of the year. So much more confidence from everyone, I just hope they can stay hungry and humble!! I’m sure they will though because Cal is the best at that part of it.

I’m not sure how it’s going to end (although I have very high hopes),lol, but this season is turning into one on my all time favorites rather fast. Lol. Maybe it’s because we’ve had longer to get to know the kids, with recruiting and the summer trip. Probably a combination of that, plus starting to look like they’re having more fun than the usual teams. I know I’m really having a ball and enjoying this group. Lol. Thanks bud. It’s hard for me to quit talking about them! Lol. I’ll see you guys tomorrow I hope.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Same can be said for other top 5 teams, UT beats Vandy in OT, and tonight VA beats NCST in OT. Dook has won by 2 points twice and one in OT, in 3 of their last 6 games. Nobody in the top 5 is really killing it lately .
They have one of the highest point differential of any teams. Plus you can't expect every game to be a blowout. No team wins by 20 every game, come on

They have one of the highest point differential of any teams. Plus you can't expect every game to be a blowout. No team wins by 20 every game, come on

Let’s see how the next 8-10 games play out and see who stays consistent and who doesn’t. If it’s trendg it will show.

We are a loss from dropping out of the top ten wins aren’t moving us much right now. We are making progress but we aren’t anywhere yet. Spiking the football middesson is a terrible look
Just never gonna get it, are ya? I believe you might be the only poster on this board that thinks ‘we aren’t anywhere yet’. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT