ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Anthony > Tyler Childers

Just another backwoods wailer trying to get a piece of the pie. Nothing special about him but good luck if this is his dream. Childers is copied by many, and it isn't difficult, but they will have a hard time emulating his success....marketing and such.

Just another backwoods wailer trying to get a piece of the pie. Nothing special about him but good luck if this is his dream. Childers is copied by many, and it isn't difficult, but they will have a hard time emulating his success....marketing and such.
I will take a genuine "backwoods wailer" all day over a guy who failed as a pop star on The Voice and then became "country" like Morgan Wallen did.

Morgan-Wallen-the-Voice.jpeg

Ahhh yes, it’s a piece of cake and he’s just a talentless hack. Sheesh. Would expect nothing else from you though, no matter the topic :rolleyes:

Reactions: grevey35
Sounds good. Hate the tone of the song. The world is what we make it. Wallowing gets us nowhere.
Those sixties protest songs must drive you crazy.

Just think of all of the art, music or otherwise, wherein people express their true emotions and opinions about things. Seems you eliminate a great deal of artistic expression if you deride it as “wallowing” and not productive.

Those sixties protest songs must drive you crazy.

Just think of all of the art, music or otherwise, wherein people express their true emotions and opinions about things. Seems you eliminate a great deal of artistic expression if you deride it as “wallowing” and not productive.

If your true emotions are you blame other people for your problems I probably don’t want to listen to you cry about it even if it is a nice sounding song. Buck up.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

She did it better 15 years ago.

And if we’re talking obscure, pissed mountain gingers with a guitar, I’m picking this dude.

Let's just call this topic what it is:

"Man, this sucks. I only listen to like 4 musicians that debuted since the year 2002 since I'm such a shallow, close-minded simpleton, and now I can't listen to Tyler Childers since he made that music video that showed two guys in love since I hate homosexuality and I think my life is better and more valuable than a gay or trans person even though I'd only admit that after a few drinks. And since I actually don't believe in free speech, and only support free speech if it is in line with the lifestyle I believe all true Americans should have, now I have to find the next honky tonk hero that I croons to my narrow worldview loving soul."

"Man, this sucks. I only listen to like 4 musicians that debuted since the year 2002 since I'm such a shallow, close-minded simpleton, and now I can't listen to Tyler Childers since he made that music video that showed two guys in love since I hate homosexuality and I think my life is better and more valuable than a gay or trans person even though I'd only admit that after a few drinks. And since I actually don't believe in free speech, and only support free speech if it is in line with the lifestyle I believe all true Americans should have, now I have to find the next honky tonk hero that I croons to my narrow worldview loving soul."
Sounds like someone needs one giant white Peppermint Lollipop.

I wouldn't have gone off on a giant rant but we know how social media works. Childers has had plenty of recent success, did the Violent History album, and recently had a video about a coal miner couple. Weeks later, this artist is retweeted by a political person in an effort to make his song an anthem, and it's a Childers-like tune, but with angered, frustrated lyrics about how he feels about the current state of things, with some clever lines within. Both artists can exist and be successful but the reason the title of the thread is what it is is that some want us to now choose one instead of liking and listening to both, or neither. Tom MacDonald has kinda blown up for basically being an anti-woke, "tell it like it is" rapper. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'm not getting suckered into choosing who or what to listen to just because one is perceived left while the other right.

You could have said that you’re a leftist degenerate moron and it would have saved everyone time.

You could have said that you’re a leftist degenerate moron and it would have saved everyone time.

You sound triggered. Do you need a space space?

Grooming. America. Thugs. Lee Greenwood. O'Charleys. Jesus. General George Patton. Ask for extra breadsticks. Cargo shorts. Active Facebook User.... or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
I wouldn't have gone off on a giant rant but we know how social media works. Childers has had plenty of recent success, did the Violent History album, and recently had a video about a coal miner couple. Weeks later, this artist is retweeted by a political person in an effort to make his song an anthem, and it's a Childers-like tune, but with angered, frustrated lyrics about how he feels about the current state of things, with some clever lines within. Both artists can exist and be successful but the reason the title of the thread is what it is is that some want us to now choose one instead of liking and listening to both, or neither. Tom MacDonald has kinda blown up for basically being an anti-woke, "tell it like it is" rapper. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'm not getting suckered into choosing who or what to listen to just because one is perceived left while the other right.
We don’t agree on a lot of shit but thank you for this brother.

Can I not like a song because I like it and not give a care about the politics?

You can like both. You can like Wallen like I do and not think he’s supposed to sound like Waylon.

Let this guy sing his shit and move on. Some people are shitting on a likely poor ass dude from their own state trying to make a living. Politics ruins EVERYTHING.

I just liked the dudes voice, my b lol. He’s just pointing out the obvious, that the world has gone to shit, I mean is that even debatable? I hate politics fwiw. Sure, I lean right because I’m a decent human being who had good parents and was taught right from wrong. You don’t gotta listen lol

Reactions: roguemocha
I just liked the dudes voice, my b lol. He’s just pointing out the obvious, that the world has gone to shit, I mean is that even debatable? I hate politics fwiw. Sure, I lean right because I’m a decent human being who had good parents and was taught right from wrong. You don’t gotta listen lol
Personally, I've never been into saying the world's gone to shit. It's something that every generation says and we've heard the phrase for decades. It also can't help mentally to walk around with that attitude. Problems in the world and in our country will always exist no matter what we do. That's life and life has its problems.

As far as the artist goes, I hope he has incredible success as he seems authentic and we could use more of that in the world, particularly in country music. Anyone who "comes after" the guy is an agenda-driven idiot bored with their own life. Friend of mine is convinced the industry is going to ruin him, like try to change his sound or whatever. Hope that doesn't happen and he stays genuine.

Reactions: roguemocha
Personally, I've never been into saying the world's gone to shit. It's something that every generation says and we've heard the phrase for decades. It also can't help mentally to walk around with that attitude. Problems in the world and in our country will always exist no matter what we do. That's life and life has its problems.

As far as the artist goes, I hope he has incredible success as he seems authentic and we could use more of that in the world, particularly in country music. Anyone who "comes after" the guy is an agenda-driven idiot bored with their own life. Friend of mine is convinced the industry is going to ruin him, like try to change his sound or whatever. Hope that doesn't happen and he stays genuine.
I literally disagree with almost everything this guy says politically but he nails this shit to a T. You miserable people that think it’s impossible are the worst.

I’d walk up to nightwish and hug this Brody because he sees it’s nothing but a dude singing tunes. If you can’t understand the plight of the poor well go live and post somewhere else.

Every generation has said the next generation sucks and their music sucks and politics suck. Gdit, you all are the person you “rebelled” against and can’t even see it.

We’ll be fine, the next gen will be fine and after that will be fine and your ideals and wants are a joke because guess what? Those generations will vote out whatever you wanted just like yours did.

So STFU and enjoy like for two goddamn seconds and let some kid sing his ****ing heart out mmkay?

And if you have a problem with any of that come on over you knuckleheads I’ll blast you back into 20-40 years ago when you thought you had it figured out you old boring **** heads.

Reactions: PickSixKing
I don’t let politics decide what musical artists I follow but when those musical artists make politics their entire personality I will decide to listen to them based on their politics

Reactions: Wonky
Kinda Tyler Childers Lite... real light. You had better write some killer songs if you're gonna have that vocal delivery, though, and this is not on TC level.

That "level" is not a high bar to begin with, but this guy fails mightily to even take the first leap.

That dude isn’t anywhere near Tyler - not saying you don’t like his ignorant ass lyrics

Not reading thread, just scrolled all the way down.

Reply and let me know, nightwish rushed in as quick as possible...these are his type of threads.

Domt know this guy's music, all I know, like movies about pedophilia, it has the press and certain individuals triggered for some reason bc they need conflict and they've went through the the usual paces

Well that’s it’s. Like drawn in the sand. I’m definitely not following Ben Lorber anymore.

Reactions: UKMKG
So what.
Why would you want to listen to this song more than a couple times.
The guy can't sing and the song lyrics are cliche as hell.
Nothing original.
Tyler is on a completely different level.
Can't sing huh
Seems you're a little triggered ha ha. Guy is blowing up. Just check YouTube. Folks all over loving this song.

Reactions: grevey35 and UKMKG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT