ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas loses at home to BYU

GHZHFZ4aQAABgut
brokeback-1080x675.jpg

Their next game is at Baylor. They are ranked #7 and there's a good chance after Saturday we have the same
overall record and a much better conference record in a tougher conference. It was a good night.

They still have Baylor, Kstate and Houston plus the Big 12 tournament. If he is out they may lose 4 more games, 3 almost certainly. So they finish with 10-11 losses. That's a 6 seed IMO.
Oh. Say it isn’t so. Breaks my blue heart. Shame. DAMN SHAME.

Come to think of it. The local Jayhawks haven’t been around much lately to gloat. Kinda nice tbh.

That pretty much knocks Kansas out of the Big 12 regular season title. It will be Houston or Iowa State for that. I think KU has either won or tied for the Big 12 regular season title something like 14 of the last 15 years. Anytime they don't win it is good with me.
They have some competition now. I’m still mad we lost that game. Our bigs haven’t exactly killed it but give us Z or Ugo in that game and it’s a wrap. We still should have finished it off.

Reactions: $Z71$
Oh. Say it isn’t so. Breaks my blue heart. Shame. DAMN SHAME.

Come to think of it. The local Jayhawks haven’t been around much lately to gloat. Kinda nice tbh.
I'm still sour about our game against them this year. I was there at the United Center and we had them rocked, up 14 in Second half and without any of our bigs. Then still up 6 at under 4 timeout and blew it. We definitely should've won that game, and if we had any 1 of our bigs we would have.

That pretty much knocks Kansas out of the Big 12 regular season title. It will be Houston or Iowa State for that. I think KU has either won or tied for the Big 12 regular season title something like 14 of the last 15 years. Anytime they don't win it is good with me.
Finally, even the refs couldn’t save them this year. Imagine if we got a whistle like they do usually at home. We would have a 70 game win streak even with Cal screwing crap up.

Their next game is at Baylor. They are ranked #7 and there's a good chance after Saturday we have the same
overall record and a much better conference record in a tougher conference. It was a good night.
Big 12 is just as good as the SEC, both are super deep and tough though.

Mark Pope gets the win at Kansas.

Hell of a young coach.

Has to be on our list going forward.

Good guy and super smart.
If he competes in the Big 12 consistently or has a couple good NCAA runs he definitely should be. He’s already close because recruiting to BYU is almost impossible, I’d love to see him with UK caliber recruits.

If he competes in the Big 12 consistently or has a couple good NCAA runs he definitely should be. He’s already close because recruiting to BYU is almost impossible, I’d love to see him with UK caliber recruits.
This is actually what I see happening. Cal has 2-3 years left and Pope replaces him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Check out the guy bitching about how Kansas wasn't getting a fair whistle in the final 8 minutes.

Rock Chalk Blog
@RockChalkBlog
·
33m

Interesting that the way the officials have called this game changed immediately when Mark Pope got angry at them. They're so bad. They're so so so so so so so so so so so so SO bad all the time in all the games!
He should check out a UK game, my lord if they bitch like that with the whistle they get everywhere, their heads would explode watching our games.

Believe it or not, we probably wanted KU to win that game.

We are in the same range as BYU right now, both making a push for (hopefully) what will be an available 3 seed!

Wisconsin lost to a BAD Indiana team tonight, so they should be squarely behind us going forward.

BYU is still behind us but that's a big W.

I want to be a 3 seed with Kansas as our 2. It's all I want.
Kansas can keep losing, we just need to win out! Pick up another huge W at Tennessee, and hopefully win the SECT again finally!

Kansas can keep losing, we just need to win out! Pick up another huge W at Tennessee, and hopefully win the SECT again finally!
We just need to take care of business a d keep winning. We do that and we are either a 2 or 3 seed guaranteed regardless of what other teams do.

Fighting Mark Pope’s have done a solid job in a real conference so far. They are 9-8 I believe but have hovered around the top 25 all year and have some good wins. Solidly in the tournament.
They are really good at home, and bad on the road. So tonight’s result is kinda surprising

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT