ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio @ Kentucky Game Thread

Dane is having a good game. Ohio does not respect any passing game and why should they. Heck they know a screen is coming, they know the jet sweep is coming.

Wilcox is the best RB today for sure.
They also suck at pass d coming in and are small on the back end.

That last play called was so dumb. Throw a short pass to the sidelines to pick up a few yards and kill the clock. Instead, we drop back deep into the pocket, LT doesn't block, strip sack, half over. I applaud Stoops trying to get into scoring position just before the half. But, just when we're right there, we get a delay call (lazy) and call a dumb play that ends that opportunity. After 12 years, you'd think Stoops would have figured this stuff out.

The pass blocking and Brock’s pocket presence obviously need a lot of work too, but that’s just a lack of foresight in play calling. If you know you’re going to be running up against the clock towards the end of the drive, then don’t call a bunch of running plays and burn through your timeouts early. We seem to be just pulling plays out of a hat then reacting to the results instead of executing any kind of plan these past couple of weeks.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
That last play called was so dumb. Throw a short pass to the sidelines to pick up a few yards and kill the clock. Instead, we drop back deep into the pocket, LT doesn't block, strip sack, half over. I applaud Stoops trying to get into scoring position just before the half. But, just when we're right there, we get a delay call (lazy) and call a dumb play that ends that opportunity. After 12 years, you'd think Stoops would have figured this stuff out.
"After 12 years, you'd think Stoops would have figured this stuff out."

After 12 years, I think Stoops has convinced all of us that what we see is all he's got.

WTH is Maclin doing fielding punts. He costs us 15 yards a punt because he’s scared to catch it. Unbelievable we don’t have anybody that can at least FAIR CATCH every punt

Reactions: megablue
There was zero point on that last pass play unless throwing to end zone. Didn’t need more yards for FG not enough time for first down and then another play.

Reactions: StubbornPenny
Someone earlier in this thread said, why is Macklin (9) back to return punts. I totally agree, he costs us field position each time someone punts. He is so bad that when we punt the other team gets extra yards. lol

Need to have someone else back there that will catch the ball.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Maclin needs to move forward and catch the punt in the air rather than let it bounce every time. Why even have someone back if they're not gonna make a play on the ball.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Someone earlier in this thread said, why is Macklin (9) back to return punts. I totally agree, he costs us field position each time someone punts. He is so bad that when we punt the other team gets extra yards. lol

Need to have someone else back there that will catch the ball.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like he has absolutely no idea what he’s doing back there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT