ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating is terrible!

I don't see how one can play when you get nothing, but the other team get's nearly everything. I don't believe we are as bad as everyone makes us out to be. When bad calls lead to points it's hard to compete. I can guarantee you that 10+ of their points would never have been scored without bogus officiating. This is why I believe we tend to do better in tournament games. Yes, we've been jobbed in the tournament, but regular season is far worse.
You may not think we are as bad, but truth be told we are.

I've watched basketball for over 35 yrs, followed the cats 28 of following the Cats. This SEC season has been the worst officiated ever. I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theorist. Time to get out of the SEC and....

Also, when Vanderbilt got the double techs with numbnutz Giest, then Giest got a flagrant 1 by elbowing Shai in mouth isn't that a second tech means you are out of game?

Look, we shot horribly but if you couldn’t see a difference in the calls at one end of the court vs the other you didn’t watch this game closely enough. I am not sure it would have made a difference in the outcome but the game certainly wasn’t called the same on both ends.

Reactions: crestcat
Seriously op? That performance we just put up and you blame the refs? Did they make us shoot 31% from two and 10% from three? Seriously?

Reactions: billoliver40
Look, we shot horribly but if you couldn’t see a difference in the calls at one end of the court vs the other you didn’t watch this game closely enough. I am not sure it would have made a difference in the outcome but the game certainly wasn’t called the same on both ends.
And this is the same old, tired excuse every freakin game. You really think every ref has it in against UK?

Also, when Vanderbilt got the double techs with numbnutz Giest, then Giest got a flagrant 1 by elbowing Shai in mouth isn't that a second tech means you are out of game?

Geist didn't get a flagrant 1 I don't think.

And this is the same old, tired excuse every freakin game. You really think every ref has it in against UK?
No I think the refs called the game unbalanced. I am not blaming the refs for the loss so there goes your tired excuse argument. I think this is just another opportunity for our young guys to learn and overcome adversity. I want this team to lose as many tough games as possible and still end up a 5 seed. We’ll make some noise in March on neutral courts. Place your anger elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC43
SEC officiating is the worse. Too much show boating as opposed to doing their jobs. On a personal note I despise ALL officials from JR. Pro the NFL, NBA and MLB.

The whistle the home team gets is absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't complain if we at least got it but we don't. I wish coach cal would just put them on blast one time. How could they call our games any worse? It's ridiculous. Just call it the same on both ends. We have to get almost the twice the contact to get fouled. Meanwhile Hami looks at a guy and it's a foul. Garbage.

Reactions: JC43
No I think the refs called the game unbalanced. I am not blaming the refs for the loss so there goes you tired excuse argument. I think this is just another opportunity for our young guys to learn and overcome adversity. I want this team to lose as many tough games as possible and still end up a 5 seed. We’ll make some noise in March on neutral courts. Place your anger elsewhere.
It is the Higgins effect. Own it!!! I am not angry.

Officials are horse shit garbage. Wanna know why we were 0 for the century from 3? Because we had to force them due to the incompetence of refs not calling fouls when we drive and get mugged. You think our guys are continually gonna get in the paint and miss that many shots just because they're getting hacked, bodied and slapped while nothing is being called. Our guys do the same thing on defense and it's an automatic foul. It gets in the players mind thinking they have to force jumpers just to get a clean look. I've said it since 3 years ago college officiating is the worst of all 3 levels. (HS, college, NBA)

We couldn't shoot for shit, but I knew it was going to be a terribly officiated game went they said Pat Adams name.

Just ask yourself, how many times did the three blind mice go to the monitor today?

Did they know how to operate the clock at the beginning of the game? Or know how to make sure it worked?
Were they making consistant calls both ways?
Did they look like amateur officials?

I think the ncaa needs to raise their officiating standards.

Reactions: GG24
My goodness again the referees were horrible but what did Kentucky do to help themselves or let the refs help them in this game?

I think when our fanbase went after Higgins a secret memo went out to all officials saying...
Protect one of our own, make sure they never do anything like that again...I mean wouldn't you?
With online gambling easily accessible what doesn't stop a ref putting a couple g:s on a game...

Reactions: KyFaninNC
My goodness again the referees were horrible but what did Kentucky do to help themselves or let the refs help them in this game?
What are you supposed to do whe you can’t hit shots? Drive to the goal and maybe get fouled. Problem is we could NOT get the fouls called to go to the line. Instead we get a TO. It’s pointless to drive in the lane trying to draw fouls when you know your not going to get the calls and get an automatic TO. I’m not saying we played great, but good grief it ridiculous.

Reactions: crestcat
If you look at the game stats we only had one less point on jump shots. It was 44-45 points on FGs made. If I remember correctly the same thing happened in 2014. We rarely got out shot by teams. It was always the FT differential that made the difference. However once we got to the tournament things changed quickly. Fact is on the road in the SEC Kentucky is not going to get the calls period. Yes we could have hit more fouls shots, but at the same time we didn’t get to go to the line like we should have either.

Its all ways has been bad have not seen that much different this yr, this team problems has nothing to do with the refs..

I think when our fanbase went after Higgins a secret memo went out to all officials saying...
Protect one of our own, make sure they never do anything like that again...I mean wouldn't you?
With online gambling easily accessible what doesn't stop a ref putting a couple g:s on a game...
I posted this at the time that there are certain things you do not do, one is to mess with a member of a brotherhood, cops, military, etc. Because when you mess with one, you feel the wrath of the entire brotherhood. and I do believe some of that is happening to us right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT