ADVERTISEMENT

Post officiating

plumdog69

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 13, 2006
Is a farce. Just watched a Sc Jr player (Mack) lower his shoulder twice then throw of a defender and score. There were 2 offensive fouls. If Z had been guarding him, it would have been an And 1 as well. Waiting for for a post defender to start shoving guys into the bench. I believe if I was Z, I would do it one the first possession.

Was one in first half of Miss St and LSU, was a fast break opportunity for LSU but Hubbard was in primary defender position and was just back pedaling with his hands up and the offensive player just lowered his head and ran directly into him and got rewarded.

I mean I'm no fan of the charge but when you just bole over the primary defender and get rewarded that's a bit much.

In an attempt to make the block/charge call easier for the refs they have created the dynamic where pure bully-ball is rewarded. There are a number of players/coaches in college this year who have learned that literally running over players who are in legal defensive position will be grandly rewarded. Officiating, both on the floor and administratively, is a joke.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Was one in first half of Miss St and LSU, was a fast break opportunity for LSU but Hubbard was in primary defender position and was just back pedaling with his hands up and the offensive player just lowered his head and ran directly into him and got rewarded.

I mean I'm no fan of the charge but when you just bole over the primary defender and get rewarded that's a bit much.
Sadly, it happens all....the....time. Part of the reason UK's defense has been so porous this season

Last edited:

When I read this, all I could hear were moronic announcers saying "just look how awesome he is at making contact and playing through it to score!".

Yeah, offensive player making contact = foul on offensive player, not the other way around.

When I read this, all I could hear were moronic announcers saying "just look how awesome he is at making contact and playing through it to score!".

Yeah, offensive player making contact = foul on offensive player, not the other way around.
Oh whoever was on there definitely said, "that was the right call!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT