ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL UK VS ARKY GAME. THREAD *****

Losing the ball after getting rebound up 1 late hurt. Fouling yet another 3 point shooter and he hit all 3 FT's hurt. Brooks having the ball taken away from him leading to the 3 that gave them the lead hurt.

So many things hurt we had this game we had this damn game.

When Grady hit the 3 to go up 70-69 I thought we had this game won.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rome26
I will type slower for you maybe that will help you. After Grady knocked down his only shot, he was open again just as much as he was on the previous shot; however, he passed on the shot. The ball rotated over to Wheeler; he took the shot and missed it. GAME OVER!!!!! Bigtime players take bigtime shots, but Grady passed.
I have a feeling you have to type slow, one finger at a time anyways. You cried about Grady all game. Don’t try to act like it was that “one time he should have shot”. And the time you’re talking about we were up 1, with less than 2 mins left and he didn’t take a marginal shot early in the shot clock. The fact that he pulled it back out instead of shooting early in the shot clock has nothing to do with Wheeler’s brick and our terrible offense. He made the right basketball play for the situation. If anything, the ball should have went inside where we score or get fouled. You really don’t know anything about basketball. I know the game thread shows it but dang, you back it up in every other post.

I have a feeling you have to type slow, one finger at a time anyways. You cried about Grady all game. Don’t try to act like it was that “one time he should have shot”. And the time you’re talking about we were up 1, with less than 2 mins left and he didn’t take a marginal shot early in the shot clock. The fact that he pulled it back out instead of shooting early in the shot clock has nothing to do with Wheeler’s brick and our terrible offense. He made the right basketball play for the situation. If anything, the ball should have went inside where we score of get fouled. You really don’t know anything about basketball. I know the game thread shows it but dang, you back it up in every other post.
I am not going to respond to you anymore because you know nothing about basketball. I refuse to allow you to bring me down to your level of ignorance about the game. I have probably coached this game for longer than you have been alive.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
I don't understand Grady's hesitation there.

Meanwhile we got Brooks and Wheeler thinking they are the second coming of Curry lol
We were up 1 with under 2 mins left and it was early in the shot clock. I’d assume he didn’t think Wheeler would pull one 10 seconds later with plenty of time on the shot clock left. Especially since Oscar has made the last 3 shots he’d attempted and was cleaning up our drives. Grady’s play was smart, Wheeler’s was boneheaded. I understand why Brooks shot the 3 he did at the end. He had a wide open look. I don’t understand why all we did for Grady on the play was a weak rub screen coming straight at the PG and we didn’t have another 3 point threat on the floor.

Good take.

I get that "Seeding doesn't matter" mindset however disagree because at some point it does. You can't keep losing games if you expect to win a championship. This "We'll be better next time" is AAU bullshit mentality. There's no 8:15 game tonight in the Tangerine Gym of the Gold Bracket to go 3-2 to qualify for the Peach Jam. This is a big boy level and big boys win tough games against good teams. Cal just mentioned how Jacob Toppin "just had a look like he wasn't engaged"-well why the **** not? Is he not the guy who said "We needed this L--we'll get back to dominating"--and what has this team dominated exactly after losing to Tennessee? Cal/guys stepped up to win but dominate? No.

I think Cal's done an amazing job. Also think it's going to be a very rough offseason if this team doesn't at least make the Final Four simply because it's an elite player short and that guy is on campus and would be making a difference. Sucks but how it goes.
We can talk about veterans all we want. I've seen Mintz suck in big games. Seen Grady no show. Brooks is Brooks-he thinks he's 100x better than he is and refuses to accept coaching. Toppin can't be counted on if you are in a game like today and he's not "engaged". At some point....this shit has to matter and winning games is what helps teams win championships. You can see bright individual spots but all losing does is add up to finding ways to lose. Really think this week will tell us all we need to know. Ole Miss needs to be run off the court in Rupp and UF has to be a win. You have to go into Gainesville and smack them. Not one of these spot them 14-3 lead.....claw back games--go out and beat the shit out of them on their court and go into SEC Tournament ready to run people.

That's what a Championship contending team does this time of year.
Is Sharpe gone?

Is Sharpe gone?
I think so. But everyone is saying all the right things......they forget he'll be "encouraged" to enter Draft and see where he stands......etc.....and then get the obligatory "gotta do what's best for him/his family" (which I think everyone understands but that isn't their issue, it's why isn't he playing now/this year)

Reactions: RunninRichie
I Just watched replay of the last 2 minutes of game. When we were up 70-69 with ball and Wheeler shot the elbow jumper with 1:45 left he caught the rebound and tried to flip it back out to TyTy all in the same motion and TyTy was able to track it down right before half court and flip it to Grady and Grady was way inbounds I wondered how did he end up out of bounds. Well something I didn't notice until seeing replay he got chucked out of bounds as he caught it yet no foul call. That was a huge huge non call it cost us possession with 1:39 left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT