ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

Luka is absolutely shredding my rockets. Damn. Stephanie and his fans did it.. they made the play in game! Bless up from the nitty gritty gated communities across America!

Btw. I think Curry is closer to being outside of the "top75 of all time" list, than he is to Lebrons level.

Some people like LakerCat will find that crazy. But outside of his insane shooting (and insane ratio of 3pt attempts to 2pt attempts) he's really overrated. Curry will need to form a super team again if he ever wants to be a playoff team again. Lebron just needs his centrum silver 50+ vitamin, oft-injured AD and youth-pastor looking Austin Reeves to make runs.

I think we're going to see such a dramatic fall off of Currys game in the next year or two, unless he gets that super team that allows him to just run around the 3pt line. He's going to be a liability on the court before you know it.

Doncic is spooked by Curry so he's out for tonight's matchup. Imagine if Curry got refs like Luka.

PERFECTION for Steph tonight. 6-6 from the three point line. Unreal. He had 8 rebounds, 7 assists, two blocks (!) and a steal. It's playoff time; can Steph break the record for consecutive threes made?

PERFECTION for Steph tonight. 6-6 from the three point line. Unreal. He had 8 rebounds, 7 assists, two blocks (!) and a steal. It's playoff time; can Steph break the record for consecutive threes made?
Reality check: All of Curry's numbers are at or near 10 year lows except 3 point shots made and his team is in 10th place in the Western Conference.

Last edited:
Up until like 2 weeks ago, lebron had a higher 3pt % than Curry for the year.

Imagine that, the one and only thing you're good at, lebron is better at it than you, and he's 40.

Reactions: DSmith21
Up until like 2 weeks ago, lebron had a higher 3pt % than Curry for the year.

Imagine that, the one and only thing you're good at, lebron is better at it than you, and he's 40.
So is Grayson Allen the best three-point shooter? I mean, he has the highest qualified three-point percentage. Also, Lebron shoots wide open shots; Curry shoots heavily contested shots. Give Curry the looks that Lebron gets and let’s see the percentage.

Curry can't even make the playoffs with four other current or former all stars by his side. So much for LakerClown's argument that he makes his teammates so much better. Curry is just a volume shooter and defensive liability at this point. GS and Curry are way past their prime. Only an idiot would put Curry forward and as the GOAT of anything other than Subway's pimp/pitchman.

Last edited:
Time to move on from most of that core of that team anyways outside of Curry as the face of that franchise. Wiggins scored a career-low 13.2 PPG and only 1.3 made 3's per game. Draymond is a head case but can still be serviceable off the bench as a point forward. Klay Thompson is a shell of himself. Worst season since his 2nd year in the league and 11 games scoring less than double figures which no one would ever expect from Thompson during his prime. If you saw that video of Klay soaking it all in as he walked off the court, he knows it too. Kuminga and Podziemski are the future of Golden State.

Mods can we now lock this thread, but keep it around so we can laugh at one if the hilariously bad takes of all time?

Lebron out there willing his time to victory taking charges against Zion Williamson yet Chef Curry looked like he got cooked!

Uh, Lebron got swept last year. I cannot believe we're talking the play-in as "do or die". If the Fakers would have lost last night, they would have played Friday, so last night's game was not "do or die". I love how we just twist numbers to elevate Lebron, even if they're not factually true. Klay was trash like he has been all year. Lebron has a top pick in his prime.

Uh, Lebron got swept last year. I cannot believe we're talking the play-in as "do or die". If the Fakers would have lost last night, they would have played Friday, so last night's game was not "do or die". I love how we just twist numbers to elevate Lebron, even if they're not factually true. Klay was trash like he has been all year. Lebron has a top pick in his prime.

He won his game.

Curry didn't.

It's that simple. There's no spin here. Lebron's game might not have been do or die by the literal definition.. but it was pretty might right there.

Curry can't even make the playoffs with four other current or former all stars by his side. So much for LakerClown's argument that he makes his teammates so much better. Curry is just a volume shooter and defensive liability at this point. GS and Curry are way past their prime. Only an idiot would put Curry forward and as the GOAT of anything other than Subway's pimp/pitchman.
Your hate for Steph is beyond obnoxious. Your post makes absolutely no sense. Why are we talking about a washed up Klay, an unhinged Green, and CP3 who is closer to receiving Social Security than he is the beginning of his NBA career? Klay was absolutely garbage this year. Wiggins and Kuminga don’t care; it’s amazing that the Warriors made the play-in. Steph got tired from carrying his team to a 46-36 record. Lebron has AD and Russell; Jordan had Pippen. Additionally, Jordan and Lebron got refs and the league would cheat for them to advance in the playoffs. Steph gets no calls ever; imagine if he got refs like Lebron, Luka, Giannis, Embiid, etc.

Steph is an elite passer and ball handler. All the Queens had to do was double Steph because his team is awful. Steph had career highs in blocks and is still averaging close to a steal per game. He’s not elite defensively, but he’s “getting abused” like you say he is.

Steph is an elite passer and ball handler. All the Queens had to do was double Steph because his team is awful. Steph had career highs in blocks and is still averaging close to a steal per game. He’s not elite defensively, but he’s “getting abused” like you say he is.
Curry is not an elite passer. He is 3rd on his own team in assists per game and averaged a career low level this year. Curry averaged 0.7 steals per game versus 2.0 in his best years. He is a defensive liability at this point in his career. Sorry, someone has to present you with reality. Curry is well past his prime.

Last edited:
GSW MISSED 3 of the last 5 playoffs.. and at least two of those seasons had the play-in games.

That's putrid for anyone who is being mentioned as a GOAT, especially when Curry is in his prime over the last 5 years.

GSW MISSED 3 of the last 5 playoffs.. and at least two of those seasons had the play-in games.

That's putrid for anyone who is being mentioned as a GOAT, especially when Curry is in his prime over the last 5 years.

This is disingenuous at best. Curry missed almost all of 2019-20, as did Klay. Klay missed all of 2021, and they had the eight seed in the play-in. Refs helped Fakers in winning the 7/8 game. This year, they were bad, still had a 46-36 record thanks to Steph. Let's not forget the CHAMPIONSHIP in 2022.

This is disingenuous at best. Curry missed almost all of 2019-20, as did Klay. Klay missed all of 2021, and they had the eight seed in the play-in. Refs helped Fakers in winning the 7/8 game. This year, they were bad, still had a 46-36 record thanks to Steph. Let's not forget the CHAMPIONSHIP in 2022.
Yeah the refs are out to get Curry lol.

And as I recall, Curry could have come back as I believe it was a hand injury that was likely fine.. but because GSW weren't DOMINANT and Klay was out, they basically just had him sit.

They knew it wasn't going to happen with Klay out.. just like this year with Klay being washed up.

Yeah the refs are out to get Curry lol.

And as I recall, Curry could have come back as I believe it was a hand injury that was likely fine.. but because GSW weren't DOMINANT and Klay was out, they basically just had him sit.

They knew it wasn't going to happen with Klay out.. just like this year with Klay being washed up.
Refs aren’t out to get Curry, but he gets no calls, while Lebron, Luka, and the like get crazy refs. Steph was out three months with a broken hand, and they were like 20 games under .500. He played one game in March before COVID hit. There was no point in playing him then. Steph played 2021 without Klay and was absurd.

Refs aren’t out to get Curry, but he gets no calls, while Lebron, Luka, and the like get crazy refs. Steph was out three months with a broken hand, and they were like 20 games under .500. He played one game in March before COVID hit. There was no point in playing him then. Steph played 2021 without Klay and was absurd.

The guy spends roughly 2/3rds of his game beyond the 3pt line, it's literally in his FGA attempts for most to his career. Why do you think a guy who spends more time roaming the perimeter would get foul calls? When you're not mixing it up through drives to the rim or a mid range game, there's less chance of getting fouled.

I mean we see this in college basketball weekly, it's discussed all the time. That's how basketball works.

As for the record without Steph back then.. save it. I've brought up their record last year without Steph and it was basically .500, and you never respond to it. So you don't get to pick and choose which years to count for Curry bot being there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSmith21
Where's your Lebron thread? Cool, he gets stats.

Because no one fanboys for him nearly enough to warrant a thread about him being a GOAT.

Also, pretending that all hes doing is getting stats. Lol. He's 40, in the playoffs, is still the best player on his team.

Curry is one failed off season away from probably never seeing him be relevant again. If GSW doesn't make drastic moves now, or trade him.. that's it. He's about to be what Ray Allen was his last year or two in the league.

Because no one fanboys for him nearly enough to warrant a thread about him being a GOAT.

Also, pretending that all hes doing is getting stats. Lol. He's 40, in the playoffs, is still the best player on his team.

Curry is one failed off season away from probably never seeing him be relevant again. If GSW doesn't make drastic moves now, or trade him.. that's it. He's about to be what Ray Allen was his last year or two in the league.
Did Lebron win tonight, or was that just an illusion? How well did he play in the second half? Not too good, huh? Anthony Davis, the 2013 #1 draft pick, who is 31, which means he's in his prime, is the best player on the Lakers. I love the excuses for Lebron, but Curry has a far inferior supporting cast than Lebron, and I do not care about the .500 record that the team had without him; that's too small of sample size. The Lakers won at a similar clip without Lebron. Also, I have kept quiet the last couple of days, then Wesley had to bring Lebron into the discussion.

Did Lebron win tonight, or was that just an illusion? How well did he play in the second half? Not too good, huh? Anthony Davis, the 2013 #1 draft pick, who is 31, which means he's in his prime, is the best player on the Lakers. I love the excuses for Lebron, but Curry has a far inferior supporting cast than Lebron, and I do not care about the .500 record that the team had without him; that's too small of sample size. The Lakers won at a similar clip without Lebron. Also, I have kept quiet the last couple of days, then Wesley had to bring Lebron into the discussion.
I think sometimes you forget lebron is 40 and playing against the defending champs in Denver - look at anyone playing at 40 years old and the fact that lebron will still get all-nba votes is telling.

It’s also not his fault d’Angelo Russell is a terribly inconsistent shooter and went 1/9 from 3 and shot them out of the game.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT