ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

He played lousy tonight; it happens. Your boy Lebron has had off games too. So has Jordan. Lebron has Davis; Steph is forced to carry this group who is as inconsistent as the Kentucky men’s basketball team.

Lebron is 9 months shy of 40 and he's certainly using his body a heck of a lot more than Curry is.

We need to stop comparing what Curry in his prime can do, against what a 40 year old about-to-retire star is doing, who already played an entire career before Curry ever played 1 game.

I also remember last year, GSW had a .500 win record when Curry didn't play. So who exactly is carrying who? Lol. And this year, they are 0-3 when he doesn't play. But the 3 opponents? 3rd place Bucks, 2nd place Thunder and 1st place Twolves. Golden state wasn't winning those games if Curry played anyways lol.

Reactions: vhcat70
Lebron at 39 years old is avg 25 ppg 7.2 rpg 7.9 apg and literally half his team is bums meanwhile chef curry has draymond/wiggins/kuminga/cp3/klay

Lakers were down 19 points at end of 3rd quarter at the clippers a legit playoff team and then ended with 34/6/8 on 13/21 fg and 7/12 3pfg

Last edited:
Lakers were down 19 points at end of 3rd quarter at the clippers a legit playoff team and then ended with 34/6/8 on 13/21 fg and 7/12 3pfg

More Lebron. Where's your Lebron thread? Might you be Snarks reincarnated? How bout' the double-double in the FIRST half for Steph tonight? Another eight threes and another road win. Look, I respect Bron', but he's not Steph.

More Lebron. Where's your Lebron thread? Might you be Snarks reincarnated? How bout' the double-double in the FIRST half for Steph tonight? Another eight threes and another road win. Look, I respect Bron', but he's not Steph.

You mean the Knicks without Randle, OG and Brunson with a tweaked neck? Lol.

Curry could shoot 3s over a high-schooler and your lose your shit.

Also you can troll about curry being better than lebron, or maybe you actually believe it. But there is, without a doubt, no way that Curry is even near the same class as Lebron. Nobody believes Curry is an actual better basketball player at the end of the day. He just had a ton more help on his way to winning rings.

Reactions: Wesley91581
You mean the Knicks without Randle, OG and Brunson with a tweaked neck? Lol.

Curry could shoot 3s over a high-schooler and your lose it.

Also you can troll about curry being better than lebron, or maybe you actually believe it. But there is, without a doubt, no way that Curry is even near the same class as Lebron. Nobody believes Curry is an actual better basketball player at the end of the day. He just had a ton more help on his way to winning rings.
Pound-for-pound, Steph is GOAT for sure. Statistically, Lebron has been better than Curry, but Lebron has played six more seasons, is six inches taller, and is a freak. Lebron is GOAT from a stats perspective, but there's more to Greatness than just countable stats. Curry elevates the play of his teammates. You forget that Lebron has AD, a former #1 draft pick, who's balling out (if wasn't for AD, the Lakers would have lost to the worst team in the NBA - Curry and Warriors destroyed them two days ago).

• Haha
Reactions: kyeric
Pound-for-pound, Steph is GOAT for sure. Statistically, Lebron has been better than Curry, but Lebron has played six more seasons, is six inches taller, and is a freak. Lebron is GOAT from a stats perspective, but there's more to Greatness than just countable stats. Curry elevates the play of his teammates. You forget that Lebron has AD, a former #1 draft pick, who's balling out (if wasn't for AD, the Lakers would have lost to the worst team in the NBA - Curry and Warriors destroyed them two days ago).

Lebron or Curry? Who cares. It's Jordan. But, I'm not even a Lebron fan and certainly don't place him above Jordan and maybe a few others, but Curry > Lebron? That's close to hysterically laughable.

There most certainly is more to the GOAT than countable stats. There's also more to being the GOAT than shooting 3s and getting abused on defense. Is he the greatest shooter? Arguably, yes. He's a GREAT shooter in an era where shooting 3s is the thing.

EDIT: and after last night, how did i know this thread would be near the top again. LOL

Curry had one assist last night and is a defensive liability. How is he making his teammates (who you claim all suck) better?

Reactions: kyeric
Curry is 6'2" 185 lbs. and CP3 is 6'0" 175 lbs. Paul was a better all around player (pound for pound) than Curry when both were in their prime. Both were great scorers. Paul was a much better passer an evidenced by his 11,700 career assists to Curry's 6,000. Paul is a 9x all defensive team member (Curry has never been on the all defensive team). Paul also has two more all star appearances than Curry. Paul is 3rd all time in steals while Curry isn't top 50. Curry is the best three point shooter of all time but in the other areas of the game Paul was better.

Last edited:
Lebron or Curry? Who cares. It's Jordan. But, I'm not even a Lebron fan and certainly don't place him above Jordan and maybe a few others, but Curry > Lebron? That's close to hysterically laughable.

There most certainly is more to the GOAT than countable stats. There's also more to being the GOAT than shooting 3s and getting abused on defense. Is he the greatest shooter? Arguably, yes. He's a GREAT shooter in an era where shooting 3s is the thing.

EDIT: and after last night, how did i know this thread would be near the top again. LOL
You can’t compare what any of those three point shooting wimps to what Oscar did. He stands alone at the top.

Kerr was an idiot for playing him with a bum knee. 32-3 run broke open the game, most of it was with Steph on the bench. He played like trash, but so did the rest of the team. I feel sorry for Milwaukee. Wanna know what he did in the game following a single-digit scoring night? (Hint: 11 threes).

Oh, the Russell Westbrook of 2024. Other than beating Detroit, haven't they lost most of those games? Look at what the Warriors are doing without Steph. Steph is MVP when you think about how bad his team is without him. The Spurs are without Vassell and Wemby and are still taking the Warriors to the woodshed.

Bruh..

• Haha
Curry sat out a stretch of around 11 game minutes between the third and fourth quarters in Golden State's 114-110 loss to Minnesota. His 30 minutes played were nearly three minutes less than his season average, and the All-Star guard said he expected to play more.

Curry is in the midst of his worst stretch of basketball this season. He's averaging 22.3 points on 40.8 percent shooting overall and hitting just 36.2 percent of his threes in March.

My Houston Red Rockets are on a NINE game winning streak. They're going to pass GSW, with a bunch of raw 21 year olds, missing their best player and center Alperen Sengun, aka Baby Jokic, aka The Librarian, aka Big Harry Potter.. and snatch the playoff spot right out of Curry's hands.

Steph Curry, in his damn prime, is going to miss playoffs, in an era where like 80% of the teams make it out of the regular season. Pathetic.

Last edited:
My Houston Red Rockets are on a NINE game winning streak. They're going to pass GSW, with a bunch of raw 21 year olds, missing their best player and center Alperen Sengun, aka Baby Jokic, aka The Librarian, aka Big Harry Potter.. and snatch the playoff spot right out of Curry's hands.

Steph Curry, in his damn prime, is going to miss playoffs, in an era where like 80% of the teams make it out of the regular season. Pathetic.
I don’t think 36 years old would be considered someone’s prime.

I don’t think 36 years old would be considered someone’s prime.

I'd say for a shooter who doesn't really mix it up in the paint, or defensively.. 36 and 10 days is still at someone's peak. This isn't the 1970s. Lebron is almost 4 years older and has like 7 more seasons under his belt..

Curry probably doesn't have a LOT left in his prime.. but again, for a guy who really just shoots.. he's got several years left.

.. or maybe not. Because I think he's pretty limited. I could see him retiring in a year or two.. once he can't get that shot off in time, he is absolutely cooked. He could have a drastic drop like Klay just did.

He's 36; you saying that he's still in his prime is a testament to how great Steph has been. Steph will not allow the Warriors to fall out of the play-in. Kerr sat Steph extensively in the Minnesota game, and surprise, surprise, they lost. Steph IS the system for the Warriors, and we've seen evidence of this on numerous occasions.

And you comparing Steph to Klay is comical. Klay is like Jack Gohlke from Oakland; cannot create his own shot (I think he took like 11 dribbles when he scored 60 some years ago). Steph is still an elite finisher, and is the most clutch player in the NBA. Did you notice that the Lakers beat the Bucks WITHOUT Lebron?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
He's 36; you saying that he's still in his prime is a testament to how great Steph has been. Steph will not allow the Warriors to fall out of the play-in. Kerr sat Steph extensively in the Minnesota game, and surprise, surprise, they lost. Steph IS the system for the Warriors, and we've seen evidence of this on numerous occasions.

And you comparing Steph to Klay is comical. Klay is like Jack Gohlke from Oakland; cannot create his own shot (I think he took like 11 dribbles when he scored 60 some years ago). Steph is still an elite finisher, and is the most clutch player in the NBA. Did you notice that the Lakers beat the Bucks WITHOUT Lebron?

Klay is a borderline HOF player.. and a tremendous defender.. who just is past his prime. If Curry is a 9, and Gohlke is a 1.. then Klay is like an 8.5. And I'm being generous.

The Warriors have largely been a .500 team when Curry doesn't play over the last few years. Meanwhile teams become the worst team in the league (Cavs) when he's not there. Simple facts.

Klay is a borderline HOF player.. and a tremendous defender.. who just is past his prime. If Curry is a 9, and Gohlke is a 1.. then Klay is like an 8.5. And I'm being generous.

The Warriors have largely been a .500 team when Curry doesn't play over the last few years. Meanwhile teams become the worst team in the league (Cavs) when he's not there. Simple facts.
Curry made Klay, just like Jordan made Pippen

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

To some degree, sure. But Pippen and Klay are damn good players in their own right. And I think both were integral parts to the success of their "star" in front of them. Jordan and Curry have 0 titles with out them.

Curry had a lot more than just Klay. Draymond has been one of the top 10 defenders in the league for a decade and also leads GS in assists most years. Durrant was a better all around player than Curry. Iguodala was an all star, all nba defender, and was championship MVP. Curry has always had a ton of talent around him.

Last edited:
I've just never seen a player who ****ing cried because his teammate.. err, enforcer.. got tossed (probably because he's watching his playoff hopes get dashed).. and then turn around and talk so much shit in the win, running around doing his dumb "go to sleep" move when he's the 10th best team in the west. It's so cringe.

I really don't know how this guy is liked. He is the epitome of the YMCA player who just runs his mouth all game, and when you check him, he backs up behind his team. Then makes a shot, and it's back to yapping.

Curry is a bitch and the warriors are pussys. Always have been. Never forget when he said ''we're just lightyears ahead of everyone'' in 2016. Then got bitched by Lebron and Kyrie. I loved every second of it.
Curry triggered you somehow. Yikes on your post.

Won 73 games and then went running to Daddy Durant to join them after LeBron and Kyrie took them out.

I don't think I'll ever forgive them for that. Certainly not Durant. A 73 win team adding a top 25 player of all-time in his prime? GTFO.

Listen, @RunninRichie that woman is a solid 4! Show some respect!

Btw pretty sure this guy is a total troll. His first made topic in a LONG time was how Duke won an elite 8. He'll be on to the Chiefs in a few months.
A LONG time, as in a week? I called out UKBB4ever after we lost to Oakland. I do not want Duke to win, but after that win against, you just know....

A LONG time, as in a week? I called out UKBB4ever after we lost to Oakland. I do not want Duke to win, but after that win against, you just know....

You don't make many topics. You spend more time talking about Steph Curry (who is the "Duke" of the NBA) than you do talking about UK.. by a LOT too.

And then you make a post about Duke going to the final4.

If you're a UK fan and not a Duke fan, it sure doesn't seem like it.

You don't make many topics. You spend more time talking about Steph Curry (who is the "Duke" of the NBA) than you do talking about UK.. by a LOT too.

And then you make a post about Duke going to the final4.

If you're a UK fan and not a Duke fan, it sure doesn't seem like it.
Now that is just not true. I do not start many topics, true. But I posted once about Duke and maybe two or three times about Steph, and the rest of the first page is UK. Yes, I want Cal fired. I want a first time winner in this tournament and I have said it multiple times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT