ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

So what now? He goes 12-16 from the three on a bum ankle, and goes 2-3 from 28 feet; that makes him 37-55 from between 28 and 50 feet (was he really hurt? How often do you see someone supposedly get hurt, then play their best ever). Now do you believe? Oscar and company are salty as frick due to his greatness. I do agree that the rest of league seems to go full retard when playing the Warriors, especially late (Durant). Steph Curry by himself would be a two seed in the NCAA tournament. He may end up shooting 55-50-90 by the end of the season. He is 24-33 from the three in the last two games and 1 minute. No one can guard him. Be in awe of his greatness; appreciate it because you won't see another for a long time. I predict a 70 point game for Steph on his birthday. I predict 16-18 threes in that game in a Warriors win. Curry might hit 500 threes this season too. Don't miss his greatness as they play the Hawks and the Thunder. Then they get to spank my Lakers. I predict that he will hit 20 threes in a single game. It may not happen this season, but it will. Curry >>> MJ + Wilt.

So what now? He goes 12-16 from the three on a bum ankle, and goes 2-3 from 28 feet; that makes him 37-55 from between 28 and 50 feet (was he really hurt? How often do you see someone supposedly get hurt, then play their best ever). Now do you believe? Oscar and company are salty as frick due to his greatness. I do agree that the rest of league seems to go full retard when playing the Warriors, especially late (Durant). Steph Curry by himself would be a two seed in the NCAA tournament. He may end up shooting 55-50-90 by the end of the season. He is 24-33 from the three in the last two games and 1 minute. No one can guard him. Be in awe of his greatness; appreciate it because you won't see another for a long time. I predict a 70 point game for Steph on his birthday. I predict 16-18 threes in that game in a Warriors win. Curry might hit 500 threes this season too. Don't miss his greatness as they play the Hawks and the Thunder. Then they get to spank my Lakers. I predict that he will hit 20 threes in a single game. It may not happen this season, but it will. Curry >>> MJ + Wilt.
Calm down

Best shooter ever. Not really even debatable anymore.

sifHxj6.jpg

Worst part of all this is having to call out the old timers who played for little money and faced some terrible, racist stuff. Then there's Cedric Ceballos. Please. I just love all the idiots (former players, largely) bringing up hard fouls in the 1980s. The 80s, where defense was largely optional but hot damn if you didn't get to try to hurt someone! Charles, Ced, even Oscar just need to enjoy it. It's not a slight on their legacies at all (or in Ced's case, his, um, stats I guess). Phil Jackson (I begrudgingly say this because, as a Bulls fan, I love the guy) runs the triangle offense in 2016, ignoring rule and style changes that make it sub-sub-optimal (and leads to Fisher and Rambis) and then compares Curry to Mahmoud Abdul Rauf? The guy who never shot 40% from 3? He had some moments, maybe, but please.

Reactions: Mossip
Since I posted the truth, Steph is the only player to average 30ppg in less than 35 minutes per; he averaged 30 ppg WHILE shooting 50-45-90. He is the third player in history to lead the league in points and steals. He scored more points in an OT period than any player ever, and he is the FIRST EVER UNANIMOUS MVP!!! No one has even come close to doing what Steph has done. Steph continues to educate us on why he is the GOAT.

Since I posted the truth, Steph is the only player to average 30ppg in less than 35 minutes per; he averaged 30 ppg WHILE shooting 50-45-90. He is the third player in history to lead the league in points and steals. He scored more points in an OT period than any player ever, and he is the FIRST EVER UNANIMOUS MVP!!! No one has even come close to doing what Steph has done. Steph continues to educate us on why he is the GOAT.

I won't debate your numbers, but I will say that Jordan not being the unanimous player of the year at least 6 times in his career was a complete joke. There are still a lot of people - Bill Simmons included who jocks Curry as much as anybody - would still take Lebron over Curry if they were drafting players for a single season. That would have been unheard of in Jordan's prime.

Steph Curry IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE the GOAT. He has been in the league 7 years and has been MVP twice and has only been an All star three times. Lets compare him to a few other greats:

Kareem- 6 x MVPs and 19 time All Star
Jordan- 5 x MVP and 14 time All Star
Bill Russell- 5 x MVP and 12 time All Star
Wilt- 4 x MVP and 13 time All Star
Lebron- 4 x MVP and 12 time All Star
Curry- 2 x MVP and 3 time All Star

Curry is 28 and probably has only 4-5 more prime years ahead. Big men last longer in the league because it doesn't matter as much when they lose a step. Not so for Curry who relies on his quickness. That means that Curry will never put up the numbers of the greats listed above. Curry is outstanding but no way GOAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
:joy::joy: Yep, the guy that averages a whopping 22 points per game for his career is the greatest ever. The guy couldnt even win the Finals MVP on their championship team. Steph isnt even top 10.

Reactions: wildcat1973
:joy::joy: Yep, the guy that averages a whopping 22 points per game for his career is the greatest ever. The guy couldnt even win the Finals MVP on their championship team. Steph isnt even top 10.

I didn't name a GOAT. I just showed you that Curry will never have the MVPs or the All-Star appearances of those other guys. Shit, Curry didn't even make the All-Star team until his 5th year. So the guy has had 3 great seasons and already is GOAT to you. You must have no frame of reference.

Also comparing people from different generations is difficult because the rules are different today. In the past, the 3 point shot used to be further out and defenses were allowed to maul guys driving to the lane. That greatly benefits a guy like Curry today.

Last edited:
I didn't name a GOAT. I just showed you that Curry will never have the MVPs or the All-Star appearances of those other guys. Shit, Curry didn't even make the All-Star team until his 5th year. So the guy has had 3 great seasons and already is GOAT to you. You must have no frame of reference.

Also comparing people from different generations is difficult because the rules are different today. In the past, the 3 point shot used to be further out and defenses were allowed to maul guys driving to the lane. That greatly benefits a guy like Curry today.

You need to learn to read. I was bashing lakercat for saying Steph is the Goat, not you. I say pretty clearly in my post that Steph isnt even top 10.

Bill Simmons included who jocks Curry as much as anybody - would still take Lebron over Curry if they were drafting players for a single season.

Solely for durability. Lebron is probably the most durable star ever, maybe Kareem is up there.

Big men last longer in the league because it doesn't matter as much when they lose a step. No so for Curry who relies on his quickness. That means that Curry will never put up the numbers of the greats listed above. Curry is outstanding but no way GOAT.

Agreed he's not the GOAT, but his game will age very well because size and shooting age gracefully. It's the small/quick perimeter players like Iverson who do not age well.

People overstate how much hand checking on the perimeter impacted the game. It wasn't mauling, it was a hand on the player. It makes a difference, yes, but it's not like guards couldn't get by guys back in the day (unless you were playing dirty Stockton in Utah, then all bets off). And you ignored the biggest rule change since the introduction of the 3 point line - allowing zone defenses. That single change dramatically increased the importance of spacing (among other things) to counter the Thibs overload defenses that would have been illegal defense in any other era. Unless there is another rule change, this is a space and pace league where versatility and shooting reign supreme.

Solely for durability. Lebron is probably the most durable star ever, maybe Kareem is up there.

Agreed he's not the GOAT, but his game will age very well because size and shooting age gracefully. It's the small/quick perimeter players like Iverson who do not age well.

I don't think that Steph's even that quick. He's not really driving by anyone, but he has unbelievable footwork and keeps the ball on a string. He's got old man game.

GOAT is a stupid argument IMO. The game has changed, players have changed, so on. If you are being objective, Curry is the GOAT right now in the NBA with several players just right under him. Lebron was the GOAT in the recent years of the NBA, Jordan, so on and so on. Hell Curry wouldn't even be in the league years ago when they didn't have the 3 point line.

And I'm not hating. I watch Golden State games every night. He is the best player to follow in the league and deserved the MVP, unanimous or not.

Reactions: fatguy87
With the 24 hour news cycle everyone is just too knee-jerk nowadays. 2 weeks ago he was the best player in the league, last week it was LeBron, this week its Durant and Westbrook. Everyone is just too impatient these days.

Last edited:
With the 24 hour news cycle everyone is just too knee-jerk nowadays. 2 weeks ago he was the best player in the league, last week it was LeBron, this week its Durant and Westbrook. Every is just too impatient these days.

No, the threat title says greatest of all time and hes not even top 20. Steph certainly had the best year this year and was deserving of his 2nd MVP, but that doesnt make him the best player in the league. Or all time. It made him the best player for the season.

He's not 100% and it shows.

Kerr shoulda benched his starters at the end of the regular season. The guys are gassed.

He seemed back to health at the end of the Portland series. I just think Westbrook is working him over.

Steph is great and would be a great player to start a team from scratch with. That said Westbrook is giving him the business.

Being great isn't just about shooting the ball or offense in general. There is a defensive side to the game that Westbrook is better at. There is also the fact that Westbrook is dishing 12+ assist per game vs Steph's 6-7 per game.

I've said it and I truly believe Westbrook is the best PG in the NBA and Steph is a damn close second.

No one ever "out-athleted" MJ. Curry's not in the NBA top 50% in terms of being an athlete - hell, he might not be in the top 75%. He ain't the GOAT - and will never be the GOAT. He's the basketball version of Greg Maddux.

Also, Curry finished the season with two top15 players on his team (as far as the 2016 season goes).. one of them being DPOY and the other finishing 12th in DPOY voting (aka 3rd team if there was one).

Curry gets to operate with two top15 players on BOTH sides of the ball. No other player had near the help that Curry had, certainly not Lebron. The guy has been getting way to much credit the last 12 months.

While that is true, name a superstar that didn't have help? Jordan/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe or Wade, Bird/you name it, Magic/you name it.

The argument of they got help, isn't really an argument.

Weird, since the playoffs started, he's healthy if they win and hurt when they lose. Which is it?

Yep, Steph sure was healthy when he scored 40 in his first game back vs Portland and had 17 in overtime and screamed "Im back!" But now that Westbrook is making Steph his bitch, he is suddenly hurt, even though both Curry and Kerr say he is absolutely not hurt.

Also, if these dumbasses are going to use Curry being hurt as his excuse as to why hes getting his brains beat in, then please acknowledge that last years title was a fluke since all the teams the Warriors played had major injuries. Cant have it both ways.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
While that is true, name a superstar that didn't have help? Jordan/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe or Wade, Bird/you name it, Magic/you name it.

The argument of they got help, isn't really an argument.

One top player helping is one thing.. two top13 (according to voting) players at perfect complementary positions for Curry is another. Obviously that isn't factoring in who the 4th best player on a given team is (we could go on for days diving into a teams 8th and 9th players).. but that's pretty insane. If Curry is a superstar, he might have it the easiest of any superstar I can think of.. especially defensively..

Also, if these dumbasses are going to use Curry being hurt as his excuse as to why hes getting his brains beat in, then please acknowledge that last years title was a fluke since all the teams the Warriors played had major injuries. Cant have it both ways.

Blouses..

chappelle-prince-o.gif

One top player helping is one thing.. two top13 (according to voting) players at perfect complementary positions for Curry is another. Obviously that isn't factoring in who the 4th best player on a given team is (we could go on for days diving into a teams 8th and 9th players).. but that's pretty insane. If Curry is a superstar, he might have it the easiest of any superstar I can think of.. especially defensively..

After Curry, Green and Thompson (all 2016 All-Stars), you have a guy like Iguodala who is a former all-star, Finals MVP and two time all NBA defensive team (2014 and 2011). Bogut made the All-Defensive team in 2015 too. Curry is great but he sure has a lot more talent around him than Jordan and some of the other greats had.

Last edited:
After Curry, Green and Thompson (all 2016 All-Stars), you have a guy like Iguodala who is a former all-star, Finals MVP and two time all NBA defensive team (2014 and 2011). Bogut made the All-Defensive team in 2015 too. Curry is great but he sure has a lot more talent around him than Jordan and some of the other greats had.

Heh, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. GSW's 5th best player is better than most other 5th best guys.. same with their 6th, 7th, and so on.

Nobody has had the help that Curry had, and not many are quite as cocky (what is it about shooters..)... yet I'm sure we'll hear all week about what a POS talent-less hack Lebron is.

Weird, since the playoffs started, he's healthy if they win and hurt when they lose. Which is it?

Yep, that's exactly what I've said in the past. You nailed it. Hi five yourself.

Curry isn't the greatest of all time, but he's really damn good. He's "struggled" this series in that he's not averaging 30. He's obviously slowed a little since the knee injury. I've watched a ton of him over the past few years and he's not creating the space off the dribble that he usually does.

Some of that is due to OKC's circus freaks playing great perimeter D. They're long and athletic, making GSW look a step slow. But some of that is that he's not 100%.

OKC is obviously outplaying the Ws from top to bottom, and if they advance, I think they'll do the same to the Cavs.

There's not much room for you to misread this post, but I'm sure you'll find a way.

Oh stop. You started down a road that so many of his fans keep going down these last few weeks. When he's scoring 30+ he's healthy but when the doesn't shot as well and/or his team loses, he's somehow back to being injured.

He's getting the crap kicked out of him this series.. That's what's happening.

Oh stop. You started down a road that so many of his fans keep going down these last few weeks. When he's scoring 30+ he's healthy but when the doesn't shot as well and/or his team loses, he's somehow back to being injured.

He's getting the crap kicked out of him this series.. That's what's happening.

So you've chosen to double down on your bad take of my one comment. Makes sense, in that it doesn't make sense.

When GSW lost 3 of 10 down the stretch, Curry was perfectly healthy. GSW just wasn't playing great. They're not playing to their potential in this series either, and with a 100% healthy Curry I still think they lose those two games in OKC.

He's averaging 26 and 6 this series. I guess if that's "getting the crapped kicked out of him" then you admit he's pretty damn good.

I don't get the unplaced anger toward Curry. He's obviously not the freak athlete that some of the other giants of the game are, but he's worked his ass off to become a dominant force in the NBA. Sure he's confident, as are LeBron, Jordan, Kobe, Bird, and anyone else placing multiple MVP trophies on their mantle. He's a ton of fun to watch, and is bringing the importance of skill back to a game that so desperately needs it. I'm fully aware that he can't guard Westbrook as well as Thompson or Iggy. RW's a match up nightmare for most teams and the reason he's a 1st team All NBA. Curry's a great ambassador for the game, similar to LeBron, Durant, Leonard, etc. He's a great story, wasn't even offered a scholarship from his dream school (VaTech). 10 years later he's a surefire HOF player with 2 MVP trophies and a ring.

In my personal encounters, those that love to hate on Curry have some chronic anger issues. Hopefully they get help at some point. It's kinda like hating on Nash in his prime, it's just unnecessary.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT