ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

He's on pace to make 418 threes this year, which would break his own single season record of 286. Damn.

(SIAP)

I would take Anthony Davis over Steph. One day someone will surround AD with great talent and coaching and it will be clear that he's next. Jordan-Kobe-LeBron-Anthony Davis.

Reactions: brianpoe
The greatest hits tour continues. Curry is now shooting 52.7 % and 47.0% from the three. He splashed NINE threes for the second time; this is the SIXTH game with eight threes or more. The Raptors were close, but a crucial choke at the line, and a failure to box out lost them this game. Curry gets 44 more points. He has a 71 percent true shooting percentage; let that sink in. The greatest hits tour continues tomorrow at six. He had hit TEN consecutive threes, and 17 out of 18 FG's bridging the end of the last game, and the beginning of today's game. He DID miss twice at the line today, so he IS human, I suppose.

Reactions: WildMoon
Not even close on the GOAT comment.

I love his game and his attitude, but he'll be 28 in March and has one finals appearance. If and when he gets to 5 more by the time he's 33, and ends up going 6/6 in those finals appearances, then his promoters will have a case to make.
You must REALLY be a Robert Horry fan.

I will say this about curry...I never imagined him playing at this level. He is absolutely killing it right now. I mean he is just silly with what he is doing to the art of shooting. He is the best in the game right now, I never thought I'd type those words with players like LBJ, AD and KD...but Steph is clearly better than all of them right now...A ten year run like this with 4-5 rings and he could be in the discussion of GOAT. But not at this point.

I will say this about curry...I never imagined him playing at this level. He is absolutely killing it right now. I mean he is just silly with what he is doing to the art of shooting. He is the best in the game right now, I never thought I'd type those words with players like LBJ, AD and KD...but Steph is clearly better than all of them right now...A ten year run like this with 4-5 rings and he could be in the discussion of GOAT. But not at this point.

wait what? why does he need 10 year run like this, when this run is one of the best run of all time...maybe 2 or 3...his performance is just insane right now.

I want to say he can't keep it up, but i don't want to doubt him.

Curry is having one of the greatest offensive runs of all time. He's right now the best offensive player in the league. That said to say Jordan was never this efficient is ridiculous considering Jordan averaged 32, 8, 8, and 3 for a whole season in 89 while shooting 53% when he ran the point for the Bulls and had no one to take defenders off of him (Pippen wasn't anywhere close to what he would become). He had a bunch of full seasons like how Curry has started this year with 30+ points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists on 50% shooting.

Jordan didn't have a jump shot outside of 15 feet and shot post player percentages. Later, he became a pretty good shooter from 3. All this with a ton more rough play in the league.

Curry is maybe the best non stationary 3pt shooter of all time but GOAT he is not.

The Curry Pain-Train rolled through Brooklyn, with Curry going 11-17, including 5-9 threes. He was able to get 5 layups tonight. He is now shooting an INSANE 53.2 percent, and 47.2 percent from the three. He did, however, MISS THREE FREE-THROWS in a row, according to ESPN. He is still shooting 72 percent on true FG%. Jordan is envious right now. The Curry Pain Train makes a stop in Indianapolis on Tuesday. The Greatest hits tour will continue in Boston and Milwaukee on Friday and Saturday. I predict a 55-50-90 type season for Curry.

What I love about Curry is that he looks like that kid at the summer camp who gets to play the pro at the camp, and keeps throwing up all these crazy shots that keep going on. You think, eventually, he won't keep making those once the pro gets serious, but that's the thing. He is doing it against the best of the best, and they are serious.

Reactions: Jkwo
Curry carries Warriors to win over Pacers. He got a double-double, and is still shooting 247-467 for 52.9 percent, and 46.3 percent on threes (119-257). Warriors might go 82-0. Seriously. They were on their way to beating the Pacers by 40 tonight.

Be sure not to miss Steph Curry and the Record Breakers as they go to Boston and Milwaukee. After they win those two, it's six in a row at home. 31-0 coming up.

Curry carries Warriors to win over Pacers. He got a double-double, and is still shooting 247-467 for 52.9 percent, and 46.3 percent on threes (119-257). Warriors might go 82-0. Seriously. They were on their way to beating the Pacers by 40 tonight.

Lol, 82-0?

Curry was only ok for Curry tonight. 3 for 11 from 3. Thompson was on fire. Paul George with another nice night.

wait what? why does he need 10 year run like this, when this run is one of the best run of all time...maybe 2 or 3...his performance is just insane right now.

I want to say he can't keep it up, but i don't want to doubt him.
UM, because if you are the GOAT...you have to sustain excellence over a long period of time.

Reactions: ukwazoo
Well, the Greatest Show on Earth has a homecoming tour for the next five shows. A group from Phoenix will open the show, and the boys from Cleveland will help accentuate the Greatest show on Earth on Christmas. Curry to give us a Christmas to remember. 79-3!

Well, the Greatest Show on Earth has a homecoming tour for the next five shows. A group from Phoenix will open the show, and the boys from Cleveland will help accentuate the Greatest show on Earth on Christmas. Curry to give us a Christmas to remember. 79-3!

You should change your handle to CurryCat.

Curry is unreal and probably the most fun player to watch in a while. But to say he's the GOAT is just...well, it's really just something you'd normally read on a message board.

He is very good... Makes want to watch some old Davidson games on Youtube, when he looked 15.

Pretty amazing. He had a 2:00 minute stretch last night where scored 8 pts. and had 2 assists.

I watched that game last night. I've NEVER seen shooting like that, and I used to watch the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s, with Bird and McHale. Curry and Thompson are almost inhuman. When I watch them play, all I can think about is, "How long can they keep this up? Because this is legendary stuff."

Tonight, we witnessed a masterpiece from the GOAT. It's pretty clear that the debate has been settled. The Warriors should have won by 60, but took it easy and won by 34 instead. He started 9-11 and 5-6 on threes, and he finished with another 35 points. Golden State is the Greatest of all-time, thanks to the GOAT leading them to another title. Will they get 77 wins?

Be sure not to miss Curry and the Record Breakers, as they continue their tour in Chicago, before they come and host a couple of shows, with the Pacers being the opening act.

Tonight, we witnessed a masterpiece from the GOAT. It's pretty clear that the debate has been settled. The Warriors should have won by 60, but took it easy and won by 34 instead. He started 9-11 and 5-6 on threes, and he finished with another 35 points. Golden State is the Greatest of all-time, thanks to the GOAT leading them to another title. Will they get 77 wins?

Can't wait to see them vs. the Spurs in the playoffs.

Curry continues to add to his legendary status, with yet another triple double. Once again, he hits EIGHT three-point shots, and is still firmly in the 50-40-90 club. In the next few years, we may have to have a 60-50-95 club, just for Steph. This is about the tenth or eleventh game that Curry has made eight or more three-point shots. More impressively, he has never shot below 50% in those games. He also hit a half-court shot to beat the halftime buzzer. Yawn. Don't miss Steph Curry and the Record Breakers when they play the Spurs and Mavs. After which, their tour continues in Philly, the Big Apple, and in our nation's capital. Step might outscore Philly by himself.

I hate to do this, but Steph just gave us another reason why he is the GOAT. He scored 51 points tonight in another Warriors blowout (yawn). He hit an insane 7-8 threes in the first quarter, and started the game 13-14 from the field, and 8-9 threes. If he got the calls Jordan got, and played as much as Jordan did, he might be AVERAGING 45 points per game. He finishes with 51 points on 19-28 shooting, including 11-16 from the three. Unfortunately, he DID miss a free-throw tonight, thereby, ending his streak. Sadly, the Greatest ever doesn't play until Saturday, where he will lead them to another blowout win over a top team (yawn, again). The 1996 Bulls would be fortunate to win more than two games against this juggernaut. There are only three more chances to witness greatness before the all-star break. I predict 10 threes in the all-star game. Wall had a nice game too, but for God sakes, Washington, play some defense. I'm a Lakers fan, but the truth is the truth.

Steph Curry's PER is historical. He is having the best statistical season....of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT