ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

I see nothing funny about losing to a team three years in a row on the road.

Reactions: kodakkodak
The difference is UT played extremely hard, our guys stopped playing, they stood there and ball watched the entire 2nd half. UT got every rebound and any easy bucket they wanted. Our guys stopped playing and I'm not sure why.
I'm really disappointed in Knox's effort, he gave absolutely zilch.
Easy to look like you're making hustle plays when you're fouling constantly.

I just ask for consistency in officiating. Both ends of the floor were called 100% different. We were not allowed to guard with the same physicality as Tenn. Which I think it led to our effort being lacking. Hard to guard when you know they will call a foul for looking.

No. Both players were fighting for position before the shot. The offensive player put his free hand on Knox’s shoulder, holding him on the floor, as he raised up and shot the ball. It was a bad call.

I made no excuses. I assessed the poor call. You still wrong.

False. You tell yourself whatever you need to, though.

Quit crying about refs....did they make three of our guys watch a loose ball bounce to the sideline without moving while a Tennessee player tracked it down from almost mid court? Terrible effort second half

It sucks to lose, but at Ewww-T is always a tough game! Learn from the mistakes, make appropriate changes, and keep pushing. We’ll be fine, guys and gals...GBB!

I'd add coaching
Granted it wasn't 5 on 8 but it looked at least 5 on 6 to me at times. In addition, minus Wynyard, Vanderbilt, Baker and for most of the 2nd half, Washington and Gabriel who also happened to be our 2 best players in the first half.

Cal will have us in position in March if healthy.

Well they deserve to lose!!!! I'm so disgusted with this ZERO effort basketball. Guess what folks get used to it. Next year without Zion will be the same damn thing!!!!!!!!
Zion has nothing to do with whether we play with effort. Tennessee had zero 5 star kids on the floor. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they had no 4 star players out there. Yet they smacked us around and out hustled us and won. Lose because the shots after falling or a bad night, but you should never lose because of a lack of effort.

Team showed little fight in the second half. Plus poor showing by Knox, Diallo and SGA. Refs didn’t help either but that’s typical for the SEC.

The refs are not to blame. Inconsistent play, low basketball IQ, poor play from Shai who has been playing so well, Knox playing worse than ever - these are a few reasons we’re getting dominated in the second half. Oh, and really poor defense.

Brave brave soul

ADVERTISEMENT