ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

CB3UK

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2012
Lexington, KY
Well, it's Opening Day boys.

I'm excited to see what we can do this year. I think St Louis is the team to beat in the division this season, by virtue of the fact they're the only team that made any moves of significance this offseason.

Reds front office lack of movement in free agency really ticked me off. A few payroll moves and we could all but guarantee the Central. We have a very solid core, so I absolutely expect us to compete. We should NOT have a dumpster season like we have in recent years.

I'll say somewhere in the 75-85 win range is what I expect. A bit optimistic I admit. Choosing to be positive here.

Interested to see how our infield plays out. Moose at 3rd, Suarez moves to SS, and India will be at 2nd here in a few weeks.

As always, we've got pitching, will the bats be there? LETS GO

I’m cautiously optimistic myself. If a few things go right I could definitely see the Redlegs winning the Central, but I could also see them finishing 4th. Really excited to see India & Tyler Stephenson in action as well as hopefully a healthy season from Senzel. DraftKings has the line set at 81.5 wins, I think I would take the over with medium confidence. Here’s to hopefully bringing postseason baseball back to Cincy!

200w.gif

I’m cautiously optimistic myself. If a few things go right I could definitely see the Redlegs winning the Central, but I could also see them finishing 4th. Really excited to see India & Tyler Stephenson in action as well as hopefully a healthy season from Senzel. DraftKings has the line set at 81.5 wins, I think I would take the over with medium confidence. Here’s to hopefully bringing postseason baseball back to Cincy!
Defensively, Stephenson wouldn’t be in the top half of SEC catchers. He has a longggggggg way to go.

Anyone heard any word on Sonny Gray and his back spasms? I haven't kept up with his time line as far as joining the rotation.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Vegas season O/U win totals:

St. Louis - 87.5
Cincinnati - 82.5
Milwaukee - 82.5
Chicago - 79.5
Pittsburgh - 58.5

Anyone heard any word on Sonny Gray and his back spasms? I haven't kept up with his time line as far as joining the rotation.
I know he threw 43 pitches in their intrasquad last night, but don’t know his estimated return time.

Reactions: CB3UK
Reds have a steep slope to climb. Inattentive ownership and a decade worth of poor drafts have left the team short of talent. NLC is probably the weakest in MLB so that's a plus but they're in such a self-inflicted hole it's tough to see them climbing out of it. Will take a major breakthrough by unlikely players to get them up and going. Another sub-.500 year I'm afraid.

I’m a Reds fan and I know baseball can be a humbling game, but us winning 82 games? Lol!

tenor.gif

Where'd all the St Louis fans go? They were so froggy a few days ago. What happened today?
I'm right here and not going anywhere. I believe the record for the Reds is 2-1 and you act like they just won the World Series.

0 runs last year against the Braves in the playoffs. The Reds were the first team in MLB history to not score at least 1 run in the playoffs.
Man I'm just poking the bear here. It's literally the first series of the season. You seem legitimately ticked off. Ease up. How many more times do we play this year? Sheesh. Just take the ribbing, I'm sure you'll have cause to rub a series or two in my face down the road.

Vegas has StL favored to win the Central and has Cin finishing 5 games back in 2nd. So take that for what it's worth. But we aren't going away.

And St Louis lost in their opening playoff series last year too as I recall so....

I knew the Reds offence would be improved. Hitting the ball the other way beating shifts. Just putting the ball in play more. How much has it improved remains to be seen. How much of it was bad Cardinal pitching staff?
I will say this much the Cardinal lineup is not scary at all. Good RH pitchers will do well against that lineup.
They need a good LH hitter in the middle of the lineup for sure.
GO REDS !!!!!

Man I'm just poking the bear here. It's literally the first series of the season. You seem legitimately ticked off. Ease up. How many more times do we play this year? Sheesh. Just take the ribbing, I'm sure you'll have cause to rub a series or two in my face down the road.

Vegas has StL favored to win the Central and has Cin finishing 5 games back in 2nd. So take that for what it's worth. But we aren't going away.

And St Louis lost in their opening playoff series last year too as I recall so....
I'm just messing with you and I'm not pissed. When you play 162 games you will lose a lot and the Reds might beat the Cardinals every game they play. Those guys make a ton of money to play a game so If my Cardinals lose I'm not mad like if Kentucky gets beat.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT