ADVERTISEMENT

Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Don't disagree re Bell but honestly his hands are tied. They have an owner who's unable or unwilling to pay for the top FAs and maybe the worst GM in the game. Their thought is if they can play .500 or slightly above everything's hunkey-dorey. Pitiful.
He’s just not a good manager. Management said 25 could handle a major league clubhouse meanwhile the team has been in a ginormous meltdown to finish the season. To me, it sends the signal that mediocre to bad is good enough. It’s going to be 2 more years of incompetence from 25. 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

He’s just not a good manager. Management said 25 could handle a major league clubhouse meanwhile the team has been in a ginormous meltdown to finish the season. To me, it sends the signal that mediocre to bad is good enough. It’s going to be 2 more years of incompetence from 25. 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
Like I said, play .500 and everything's lovely. Problem is GM has put together a team of AAA/4A players with a few true ML types sprinkled in. Not the way to win divisions/get in playoffs. GM needs to go.

Like I said, play .500 and everything's lovely. Problem is GM has put together a team of AAA/4A players with a few true ML types sprinkled in. Not the way to win divisions/get in playoffs. GM needs to go.
I watch a lot of Redlegs games and 25 needs to go with the GM as well. Doesn’t have a sense of managing his pitching staff and does little to shake up things when they go south. The next 2 years will be a 🚂 wreck with him at the helm.

Reactions: dtjr and Cats8585
When Winker went down, the Reds crashed. It was like it changed the whole dynamic of the team. But the terrible bull pen play early in the year cost the Reds 10 - 12 games IMO.

Reactions: dtjr and mrschwump
Don't think I've ever seen a team so incompetent at getting a runner in from Third with less than 2 outs. Time and time and time again they fail.

What will the Reds off-season look like? Will they dump salary again? Will they ever try to build a division winner/ playoff contending team? Lots of questions for this organization.

We get a cool pic of Castellanos after scoring from a passed ball in the second game of the season and STL fans get a playoff berth. Good Lord, this front office is a joke.

Reactions: mrschwump
I’m a Reds fan and I know baseball can be a humbling game. I remain cautiously optimistic.
Remains to be seen if Reds can do what's needed to build a contender. Season returns say no but off-season will tell the tale. They have to do whatever it takes to keep Castellanos...will they?

The Reds without a doubt will go cheap! Probably will keep the guy they picked up on waivers who went 0-25 or something like that! Probably Suarez to short and drop Castellanos and Barnhart.

Sucks that baseball is over for the year. When do Pitchers and Catchers report?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT