ADVERTISEMENT

Now what are we going to do about Kansas?

Well, it does in some ways. If UK loses it's another game the cheaters get on us. It would reinforce the belief that Kansas....and not UK, is THE team on the rise.

UK needs to win this game.

No they don't since the roster has a big hole in it. UK will need to win in March with this roster. But some enjoy whining just as much as winning, so the result of this game is a win/win for them.

It's certainly not a must win and many UK fans think we won't win. I'm not one of them. I think we win this game and maybe handily? We are simply better than them. I'm looking forward to the game and will be there.

Bring them on!! Can't wait!! These are the kind of games the players love to play in. The bright lights. National TV audience. Should be a fun time in Chicago. For everyone but Jayhawks.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Must win IMO in terms of if they will be that great type of Kentucky teams we seen before. 93, 96, 98, 03, 12, 15. It can simply be a normal year. Like a 2-6 seed team. 1-4 best in the SEC. But if Kentucky wins on Tuesday, maybe then paw get the chilli and maker marks out. We have a party coming up in here.
Not a must win at all. Slim chance that we will win. Which is fine. We don’t have a single big. If this game was in January I’d have more hope (assuming we’ll have at least 1-2 7 footers playing full games by then

It's certainly not a must win and many UK fans think we won't win. I'm not one of them. I think we win this game and maybe handily? We are simply better than them. I'm looking forward to the game and will be there.

Bring them on!! Can't wait!! These are the kind of games the players love to play in. The bright lights. National TV audience. Should be a fun time in Chicago. For everyone but Jayhawks.
I don’t see how we look better than them. But would love if you’re right

Reactions: rivercatinfl
We could win. But, we will not win any big games shooting the three like we did the last 2 games. If we don't get the freshmen shooting 3's better it will be another failed season. I have hope they will adjust.

I agree that KU is not a must win,but to say the regular season is meaningless is a croc. It might not have much meaning for you but it means alot to a Legion of UK fans ,especially us older Fans. EVERY game at UK should have meaning, how do you folks think we became the winningest program in basketball anyway. The tourney is all zhat matters Portion of our fan base has little understanding of our legacy or tradition.
Agreed. Between these people who say that November games don't matter, and Cal saying the conference tournament doesn't matter, that's quite the collusion. I guess we're supposed to be excited around Christmas, pray we win the regular conference title, and cheer our guys on as they protect their draft stock in the NCAA tournament? Never did I hear any UK fan I know suggest these types of things before Moopari came along.

Maybe we will run that new offense we were going to see this year. I haven't noticed it yet.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Must win IMO in terms of if they will be that great type of Kentucky teams we seen before. 93, 96, 98, 03, 12, 15. It can simply be a normal year. Like a 2-6 seed team. 1-4 best in the SEC. But if Kentucky wins on Tuesday, maybe then paw get the chilli and maker marks out. We have a party coming up in here.
With 3 bigs out no way does this team have any identity.

We are missing our 3 bigs. How is this a must win? It will almost for sure be a loss, but won't really mean anything about our season because of not having a frontcourt yet.

Count me in as a UK fan that thinks we win this game. We are more talented 1-4 IMHO. If we had our big men, I would take them all day over HD. Hell, I would take Mitchell over HD. He fits this roster better.
Agree completely. Ppl are writing this game off bc we don’t have a big and it seems many have ptsd from us getting whipped in almost every Nov/Dec big game the last 5 years. It’s like they don’t want to have hope so it doesn’t hurt as much if we lose.

But I think we have enough firepower and aggressive perimeter D to make this a game despite likely getting killed in the boards

I don’t see how we look better than them. But would love if you’re right
You don’t think we are better than them?

At what position are they better?

Maybe the 5 with our guys out?

But even at the 5 I like Mitchell better. And the tandem of Mitchell/Burks certainly better.

I think we have the better coach too.

• Haha
Reactions: OmahaCats
We are missing our 3 bigs. How is this a must win? It will almost for sure be a loss, but won't really mean anything about our season because of not having a frontcourt yet.
Are you still going to be saying that after losses in December and January when they still haven't returned? I hope I'm wrong on this one, but Cal is pretty consistent on certain things.

I think we are going to get our ass kicked
Cal will not do anything different to make up for lack of size
Self will destroy him in deadball out of bound’s situations and strategy
I hope I’m wrong but I think KU locks are kids up

Play Zone over half court switching to man to man at 15 seconds shot clock. Just to see what zone does to them early shot clock. Clog up lane on Michigans finest.

Just a must win in term of a giant season. We can lose the game, I expect it. I'd rather them best us in November but we bring home the hardware like they did 2 years ago. A must win like that old feel you get with Kentucky, you know.
You would rather them best us? What kind of UK fan hopes UK loses?

Are you still going to be saying that after losses in December and January when they still haven't returned? I hope I'm wrong on this one, but Cal is pretty consistent on certain things.
If we are still missing all 3 bigs in January, we have bigger concerns than my or your opinions.

Reactions: NociHTTP
If we are still missing all 3 bigs in January, we have bigger concerns than my or your opinions.
Yeap. I hope that is not the case, but January really isn't that far away, and Cal's history is undeniably strong in that he will hold the team back in order to protect a player, and that he places the feelings of players and camps over the goals of the team. We desperately need a coach who puts pressure on the players to get back to practicing and playing when it's obvious they can physically do so, or send them packing. No one's going to fault a coach for booting someone who refuses to do his or her fair share.

absurd. Just stop it man. Three big men on the bench. This game means nothing in the grand scheme and you know that.
That’s ridiculous. Why would you even say that? It absolutely means something. When they seed teams for the tournament they specifically look at games like this. Winning these types of games and not having bad losses puts you in the 1-2 seed category.

That’s ridiculous. Why would you even say that? It absolutely means something. When they seed teams for the tournament they specifically look at games like this. Winning these types of games and not having bad losses puts you in the 1-2 seed category.
He’s acting like the seasons over if we lose. He’s not a UK fan so who gives a F.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT