ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame to the SEC..... What?

ND plays a harder schedule than every school in the SEC most years. Notre Dame has put out more pros in the past 20 years than everyone in the SEC besides Bama and Georgia.
This might be the dumbest post I have ever seen. Wow!

I don’t even tune in to 10/12 Notre Dame games because they’re awful games. When was the last time Notre Dame played a #1 team in the country in the regular season?

SEC schools do it almost every year.

Notre Shame blows against the SEC. No reason one of Stoops stronger teams can't beat them, especially if games n Lexington.

I don’t even tune in to 10/12 Notre Dame games because they’re awful games. When was the last time Notre Dame played a #1 team in the country in the regular season?

Texas A&M has been ranked in the preseason top 15 the past 5 years excluding this year. What have they done with those rankings? 90 percent of the SEC has ridden the Bama, Georgia coat tails.

Now answer this question for me. Who has played the toughest OOC game in the SEC and where have those games taken place? I'll help you out by saying Florida hasn't traveled OOS for a non conference regular season game in 40 years.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

What SEC school outside of the mentioned has more pros than ND? I'll wait for your answer.

ND... EVERY SINGLE YEAR... is the most over-ranked team in CFB. They're a joke, and have been for years.

ND... EVERY SINGLE YEAR... is the most over-ranked team in CFB. They're a joke, and have been for years.
I'm not defending ND, but that the notion they are over-ranked every year, just isn't true. Here are their preseason rankings in the last 10 years and their ranking after the bowl season:

2022: 5 to 18
2021: 9 to 8
2020: 10 to 5
2019: 9 to 12
2018: 12 to 5
2017: UR to 11
2016: 10 to UR
2015: 11 to 11
2014: 17 to UR
2013: 14 to 20

Half of the years they had the same ranking or better at the end of the year. I'm sure that's probably similar to a lot of teams that are in that 10 - 20 preseason ranking on a pretty consistent basis.

What SEC school outside of the mentioned has more pros than ND? I'll wait for your answer.

Georgia, LSU and of course Alabama. You are at about Florida's level, but you are well behind the SEC top 3. That's why your coach upgraded. Everyone is tired of seeing Notre Dame back into the playoff and back into bowl games where more deserving teams should be playing.

Here's why:
Notre Dame is 0-8 in the Playoff and 0-10 in their last 10 major bowl games.

And yes, you would be a 7-4 type team in the SEC.

Bring on ND and all the fake chicks...
7QEZE3LJVRKZ3WOIXPYS3KI2QU.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm not defending ND, but that the notion they are over-ranked every year, just isn't true. Here are their preseason rankings in the last 10 years and their ranking after the bowl season:

2022: 5 to 18
2021: 9 to 8
2020: 10 to 5
2019: 9 to 12
2018: 12 to 5
2017: UR to 11
2016: 10 to UR
2015: 11 to 11
2014: 17 to UR
2013: 14 to 20

Half of the years they had the same ranking or better at the end of the year. I'm sure that's probably similar to a lot of teams that are in that 10 - 20 preseason ranking on a pretty consistent basis.
You're assuming their year end rankings are valid. I call BS on that also.

Georgia, LSU and of course Alabama. You are at about Florida's level, but you are well behind the SEC top 3. That's why your coach upgraded. Everyone is tired of seeing Notre Dame back into the playoff and back into bowl games where more deserving teams should be playing.

Here's why:

I can see math or history are not your strong points . Notre Dame has played in 2 playoff games and 1 BCS championship game. How that equals 0-8 in the playoffs is beyond me. ND has beaten LSU the last two times they've played in bowl games. They beat South Carolina in their last bowl game despite the former qb doing his best to try and give the game away. They smacked Tennessee the last time they faced off. They have lost to UGA the last 2 times they have faced off. They have lost to Alabama the last 2 times they have faced off.

Here's why:

Notre Dame doesn’t play a harder schedule than Kentucky.

Bama
Georgia
Tennessee.

Notre Dame won’t play one team as good as those.
USC, Ohio State, Clemson. Are you going to argue that these teams aren't on your mentioned teams level?

USC, Ohio State, Clemson. Are you going to argue that these teams aren't on your mentioned teams level?
The argument was Notre Dame plays a tougher schedule than SEC schools. They don’t. It’s not even close.

History has proven YES UGA/Bama and insert whatever SEC hot team as the third team will mop the floor with those three you mentioned.

When does Notre Dame play Ohio State?

USC played Bama and found out. 52-6.

I can see math or history are not your strong points . Notre Dame has played in 2 playoff games and 1 BCS championship game. How that equals 0-8 in the playoffs is beyond me.

Here, let me help you:

January 1, 2001Fiesta BowlNo. 5 Oregon StateL 9–41

January 2, 2006Fiesta BowlNo. 4 Ohio StateL 20–34
January 3, 2007Sugar BowlNo. 4 LSUL 14–41

January 7, 2013BCS National ChampionshipNo. 2 AlabamaL 14–42
January 1, 2016Fiesta BowlNo. 7 Ohio StateL 28–44

December 29, 2018Cotton Bowl Classic (CFP Semifinal)No. 2 ClemsonL 3–30

January 1, 2021Rose Bowl (CFP Semifinal)No. 1 AlabamaL 14–31
January 1, 2022Fiesta BowlNo. 9 Oklahoma StateL 35–37

0-8

Make the BCS/Playoff distinction if semantics makes you feel better - You are 0-8 in BCS/Playoff games since 2001 against Top-10 teams in the post-season. Not only is Notre Dame 0-8, the games haven't really been close overall - Notre Dame typically gets ripped by an average score of 38-17 in those games (how's that for math?)

ND has beaten LSU the last two times they've played in bowl games.

Yes, congrats on beating a #17 ranked LSU and a #23 ranked LSU. Close games BTW. Top 10 LSU kicks ND's teeth in, just like all Top-10 teams have done to ND in the post-season for the last 30 years.[do the math, professor]

ND's last victory over a Top-10 ranked team in a bowl game was 1994 against TAMU. 0-8 in the BCS/Playoff and 0-10 in their last 10 major bowl games.

You'd be praying for a Belk Bowl every season if ND was in the SEC.

Last edited:
The argument was Notre Dame plays a tougher schedule than SEC schools. They don’t. It’s not even close.

History has proven YES UGA/Bama and insert whatever SEC hot team as the third team will mop the floor with those three you mentioned.

Tennessee is not on the level of Ohio St, USC or Clemson. ND plays all three of them. What are you saying? Alabama this season does not know who they will be playing at qb and whoever they decide is a major drop off from their past 4 quarterbacks. USC brings back the National Player of the Year at quarterback. Clemson brings back their starting quarterback although he's not that great imo. Ohio St has a new starting qb like Alabama and Georgia but has the best receiving core in the country returning.

Notre Dame in the last 10 years have had the best teams from the PAC, SEC, BIG, ACC and the Big 12 on their regular season schedule. There is no other program in the country that can say that. And it is not a neutral site game either. We are talking true home and home series.

Notre Dame played all three of them last year and this year as well. Do you even watch football or are you just talking for the sake of it. Ohio St and Georgia just played this year and it went down to a final kick. Georgia knew that they were fortunate to win that game.

Notre Dame played all three of them last year and this year as well. Do you even watch football or are you just talking for the sake of it. Ohio St and Georgia just played this year and it went down to a final kick. Georgia knew that they were fortunate to win that game.
Don’t watch much Notre Dame football. They suck.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Don’t watch much Notre Dame football. They suck.
You shouldn't have an opinion if you don't watch. Georgia and ND have played great games the last two times they have squared up but you wouldn't know because you don't watch.

You shouldn't have an opinion if you don't watch. Georgia and ND have played great games the last two times they have squared up but you wouldn't know because you don't watch.
Get this through your thick head. Notre Dame doesn’t play the regular season schedule that an average SEC team does. Tennessee was 3rd in the SEC last year and beat the everlivin’ shit out of Clemson(the ACC champion).

That’s all I am arguing. I don’t care if Notre Dame schedules their way into a BCS bowl game and loses.

The SEC is something Notre Dame doesn’t want a part of week after week. They will be exposed. There is a reason their coach left for LSU. It’s a better opportunity.

Tennessee is not on the level of Ohio St, USC or Clemson.

Except the fact that 3rd place SEC Tennessee actually played and actually curb stomped Clemson (ACC Champions). To the tune of 31-14, lol.

Tennessee would have likely hung 50 points or more on USC last season. USC lost TWICE to Utah, who got beaten by SEC also-ran Florida (Kentucky whipped that same Florida team on their home field). USC lost to Tulane, lol - but yeah tell yourself they aren't on USC's level - that's a good joke for us all over here in the SEC.

Tennessee was also more than capable of taking down Ohio State last season.

It is amusing to see you make arguments that essentially concede that Notre Dame is some run-of-the-mill program like Colorado State or Wake Forest bragging about playing someone close in a regular season game or winning some middle-rung bowl over a program having a down year. You'll soon be touting those big wins in the Pinstripe, Camping World and Hawaii Bowl games over the past couple decades.

The truth is, Notre Dame hasn't won a truly significant game in 35 years. That's Indiana basketball terrible -- the program you most resemble.

Notre Dame hasn't even won a major bowl game in nearly 30 years, dating back at least to the 1994 Cotton Bowl win over then Big-8 Texas A&M.

Am I wrong? What is the biggest bowl win in Notre Dame history over the last 30 years, since the 1994 Bowl cycle? Some Citrus Bowl win over a 9-4 LSU? LOL. Kentucky has won the Citrus Bowl twice and the Gator Bowl since that game...

Last edited:
Losing to Marshall in football and thinking you are a national power is rich.

UK basketball is similar in that we have struggled for a few years losing to terrible teams but we haven't struggled for 35 years like ND has. Winning 9 or 10 games should mean nothing at Notre Dame if you are getting trounced in a bowl game every year. Another thing to mention, upsets are much more likely to happen in basketball than football as the talent gap is much larger in football.

Except the fact that 3rd place SEC Tennessee actually played and actually curb stomped Clemson (ACC Champions). To the tune of 31-14, lol.

Tennessee would have likely hung 50 points or more on USC last season. USC lost TWICE to Utah, who got beaten by SEC also-ran Florida (Kentucky whipped that same Florida team on their home field). USC lost to Tulane, lol - but yeah tell yourself they aren't on USC's level - that's a good joke for us all over here in the SEC.

Tennessee was also more than capable of taking down Ohio State last season.
Notre Dame beat them worse and didn't even pass for 100 yards. Notre Dame also beat the team that beat Tennessee like they stole something. Kentucky lost to Iowa last year.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Losing to Marshall in football and thinking you are a national power is rich.

UK basketball is similar in that we have struggled for a few years losing to terrible teams but we haven't struggled for 35 years like ND has. Winning 9 or 10 games should mean nothing at Notre Dame if you are getting trounced in a bowl game every year. Another thing to mention, upsets are much more likely to happen in basketball than football as the talent gap is much larger in football.
When ND schedules teams from other conferences it's always a top dog. ND would never schedule UK in football. I know that hurts but what can you do. ND is one of the few teams with multiple playoff appeareances. I know that hurts but what can you do.

I am a traditionalist. If they do this I'm done with collegiate sports. It's sickening what is happening.

When ND schedules teams from other conferences it's always a top dog. ND would never schedule UK in football. I know that hurts but what can you do. ND is one of the few teams with multiple playoff appeareances. I know that hurts but what can you do.
Whatever lets you sleep at night. Notre Dame has a big tv contract but they are not a threat nationally. They should have never scheduled Marshall, who evidently ND considers "top dog" in the Sun Belt. Notre Dame is basically Wisconsin without a conference. They are good but will never compete with the top teams again. The difference between Notre Dame and Wisconsin is that Wisconsin understands where they stand and Notre Dame does not.

I know this hurts, but what can you do.

ND plays 9 patsies and 3 ranked teams this year. If they lose 4 games their coach should be fired. They guaranteed are losing 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: barton keyes
Your OOC includes unranked Navy, Tennessee State, Central Michigan and Stanford…but ND would never schedule Kentucky in football.

Bitch Please.
Ball State, Eastern Kentucky and Akron. You are making yourself look dumb and this is a normal Kentucky OOC schedule. Miami Oh, Youngstown St and Northen Illinois last season also losing to Vanderbilt. Just stop

Whatever lets you sleep at night. Notre Dame has a big tv contract but they are not a threat nationally. They should have never scheduled Marshall, who evidently ND considers "top dog" in the Sun Belt. Notre Dame is basically Wisconsin without a conference. They are good but will never compete with the top teams again. The difference between Notre Dame and Wisconsin is that Wisconsin understands where they stand and Notre Dame does not.

I know this hurts, but what can you do.

ND plays 9 patsies and 3 ranked teams this year. If they lose 4 games their coach should be fired. They guaranteed are losing 3.
Yet they have been in the playoffs twice in he last 5 years. Make it make sense. ND recruits elite players therefore they will continue to be in the conversation. Also the last time ND played Wisconsin which was 2021 the score was 41 to 13 but keep trying. Kentucky doesn't football

Kentucky has better bowl wins since the 2018-19 season than Notre Dame does in the past 30 years. Let’s see you dispute that. Go ahead and list any Bowl wins after the 93-94 season equal to Kentucky’s bowl wins since 2019.

Notre Dame has a national reputation for nothing but losing when it counts, and being irrelevant since the Reagan Administration. Some of the bowl losses you’ve had in recent years had the entire country laughing at how pitifully lame you were. It would have been better for the Frightened Irish to have played a real schedule, with a conference championship and lost than to be thoroughly outclassed on a national stage.

You are like the rest of the blowhards I’ve met who root for the losers. Try winning something important before you run your mouth.
So who was Kentucky better bowl win over? You are about to pooh on your own post. Did they beat a conference champ? Did they beat a top 5 team or even top 10? Notre Dame is so irrelevant that they are invited to every major conference that exist. Notre Dame is so Irrelevant that they have literally played every top team in the last 15 years regardless of the conference they reside in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT