ADVERTISEMENT

Not the greatest message board fans...

brianpoe

All-American
Mar 25, 2009
Every loss we have emotional, obviously simple minded, people that want to fire Cal - but none of them can name a replacement.

I love when they say dont bring up stats or number of wins he's had...

Cal is not the greatest coach - I have blamed him for some big losses and I blame him for the current make-up of the roster, which is not very good.

But some of you, and it's the same ones all the time, make yourselves look so petty.

Add to this the fans that claim we are a number one seed, will not drop another game - with the glaring holes that his team has...

Monk should be #1 pick, Gabriel is top 10 lottery, Fox is top PG, Bam is a monster, Briscoe is anything beyond SEC starter quality...

We cannot handle success or failure without putting words on a message board that make us look really dumb.

I truly wish that everyone had to use their real names and I wonder if it would change some of the rhetoric...?

Every loss we have emotional, obviously simple minded, people that want to fire Cal - but none of them can name a replacement.

Cal is not the greatest coach - I have blamed him for some big losses and I blame him for the current make-up of the roster, which is not very good.

But some of you, and it's the same ones all the time, make yourselves look so petty.

Add to this the fans that claim we are a number one seed, not drop another game - with the glaring holes that his team has...

Monk should be #1 pick, Gabriel is top 10 lottery, Fox is top PG, Bam is a monster, Briscoe is anything beyond SEC starter quality...

We cannot handle success or failure without putting words on a message board that make us look really dumb.

I truly wish that everyone had to use their real names and I wonder if it would change some of the rhetoric...?
This is what social media has developed. I saw tonight IMDB is shutting down its messsge boards due to abuse and degradation of opinions and comments that abuse free speech. Lawyers may have something to say about the decision. Frankly, I prefer the ignore option.

Reactions: brianpoe
Your on hard dope... Gabriel isn't a lottery pick.. FOOL.. Briscoe is D league if not overseas. Fox is #1 point in draft and Malik is top 5.. Your bandwagon trash that can't call it like it is. Bam is a little bitch, n gone get treated as such at next level

It's an internet message board. Not someplace you go for reasonable intelligent discourse. Maybe if someone acts stupid on here he won't beat his wife or kick the dog.

Your on hard dope... Gabriel isn't a lottery pick.. FOOL.. Briscoe is D league if not overseas. Fox is #1 point in draft and Malik is top 5.. Your bandwagon trash that can't call it like it is. Bam is a little bitch, n gone get treated as such at next level

Who are you talking to?

Add to this the fans that claim we are a number one seed, will not drop another game - with the glaring holes that his team has...

I love ya man. Love your posts.

But BBN is awesome.

They are what make UK great.

Lol you told me I know nothing about playing with heart and basketball in general for saying this team doesn't play with heart. You're telling me you see a team that plays with heart and that I have no clue about basketball if I think otherwise. Because I will reiterate time and time again that this team plays with no heart and plays very selfish basketball. It's all about the name on the back of the jersey not the front. But I guess I know nothing about basketball for thinking this team plays with NO HEART. Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhttt.

I don't want Cal fired. I'll admit that I've soured on his one and done players first philosophy even though that's more of a recruiting tool IMO than how he really feels. Cal's strength has always been getting his players to embrace UK and the BBN even though they leave so quickly. Winning didn't hurt anything either. These kids are in the fast track to the NBA mode and that's all they care about. With Briscoe and Monk going into full blown 'punk mode' tonight I can see why even the most loyal UK fans are getting fed up.

Lol you told me I know nothing about playing with heart and basketball in general for saying this team doesn't play with heart. You're telling me you see a team that plays with heart and that I have no clue about basketball if I think otherwise. Because I will reiterate time and time again that this team plays with no heart and plays very selfish basketball. It's all about the name on the back of the jersey not the front. But I guess I know nothing about basketball for thinking this team plays with NO HEART. Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhttt.

Didnt show a lot tonight.

And we just are not a very high bball IQ team...

The fans make this program and any passionate fan base is going to be extremely emotional and vocal after a beat down on national television that ended with our players laughing on the bench.

Kind of tired of the fan police to be honest.

I think there is something going on internally with this team. When mystery illnesses and the intensity level drops this much something is up. Not sure what it is or if it can be fixed. I'm very doubtful.

I see us running the table, uga being the toughest game, my opinion don't care what anyone says about it

One of if not the greatest fanbase in any sport. End of story. Maybe if other fans in CBB gave a F when their team loses..they'd have a much better basketball program.

Just stop.
I don't want Cal gone, but is it too much to ask that Monk, Briscoe, and Fox, at least pretend to give a shit that they just got embarrassed again on National tv. They're laughing on the bench at the end of the game. Maybe they were laughing about their performance, because it was a joke.

Reactions: crpoore and catben
The fans make this program and any passionate fan base is going to be extremely emotional and vocal after a beat down on national television that ended with our players laughing on the bench.

Kind of tired of the fan police to be honest.

If you feel i am policing you then you are being a bit of whiny butt.

I can give my opinion just like everyone else.

Totally agree! Good fans don't routinely trash 18 year olds and a coach who resurrected uk basketball.

Just stop.
I don't want Cal gone, but is it too much to ask that Monk, Briscoe, and Fox, at least pretend to give a shit that they just got embarrassed again on National tv. They're laughing on the bench at the end of the game. Maybe they were laughing about their performance, because it was a joke.

Dont tell me to stop Kevin.

I never mentioned anyone that complained about the players or about Cal - it was in referencing those that want Cal fired.

Dont have terrible reading comprehension like this idiot did.. @cedar grove cat

oh I think they live and die with every game, - they just don't lose their Sh... after a loss to a top 25 team on the road.

Briscoe, Monk, and Fox need the bench for next game. The whole game. Plus they can't get injured and effect their draft status!!! Win win for everybody. This is your baby Cal, and I ain't talkin bout Brad... End is near if this is what you put on the court fat boy

Briscoe, Monk, and Fox need the bench for next game. The whole game. Plus they can't get injured and effect their draft status!!! Win win for everybody. This is your baby Cal, and I ain't talkin bout Brad... End is near if this is what you put on the court fat boy

You are really not very bright are you?

How about figuring out that you didnt understand the initial post and made yourself look even worse with this response:

I'm honestly much more belligerent when talking to my best friends. I try my best to be reasonable and rational when I write something down on this board. Maybe that's an exception?

Perfect words for anything but a perfect night. Great post!!

It is what it is. This board isn't pretty tonight but after that debacle it probably shouldn't be.

Agreed. To say you want Cal replaced is the height of idiocy, IMO.

That said, he is not a very good bench coach; he can recruit, but X's and O's are not his forte.

He has lost this team, again, Imo. I don't claim to know the answer, but to an extent he MUST begin, somehow, have more balanced rosters.

We've been lucky to have high quality kids in the program, but it's obvious, at least to me, this team doesn't care one shit about UK, or winning. Winners, like Tyler By God Ulis, HATED to lose; played with heart and left it ALL on the court. We don't have anyone like that on this team and that's troublesome.

I'm going to stop now before I say more, as I'm as pissed as anyone over the regression of this team.

Reactions: katwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT