ADVERTISEMENT

No Parity?

Mar 28, 2024
I have seen multiple posters claiming there was no parity this year. How is that so when 1 of the teams in the F4 is there for the first time, another is there for the first time in 44 years, and another is there for the first time in 41 years? Seems like a lot of parity to me.

Give me a laugh reaction if you agree!

Last edited:
I have seen multiple posters claiming there was no parity this year. How is that so when 1 of the teams in the F4 is there for the first time, another is there for the first time in 44 years, and another is there for the first time in 41 years? Seems like a lot of parity to me.
They'll all move the goalposts like they always do. Only 1 team out of 8 in the last 2 years has been in a final four in the 21st century. [laughing]

uCON
NC State
Bama
Purdue
Florida Atlantic
San Diego State
Miami

lol

Last edited:
The same could have been said when Butler went to two straight title games about a decade ago. VCU and James Madison made the FF around the same time. Meanwhile UK, Duke, and UNC added trophies.

Just two years ago, it was KU, UNC, Duke, and Nova. All blue bloods.

It’s too early to tell, but there does seem to be more parity. Need more than two years to be a trend.

And we need someone besides a blue blood to win it all. UConn is the blue blood still standing and will cut down the nets next week. So has parity really changed anything?

Only 1 team out of 8 in the last 2 years has been in a final four in the 20th century. [laughing]

uCON
NC State
Bama
Purdue
Florida Atlantic
San Diego State
Miami

lol

What the hell are you talking about? I know there’s at least three, because:

— NC State has won two national championships, in 74 and 83.

—This is Purdue’s 3rd Final Four. They were also in the 80 final four and reached the 69 national championship game.

— UConn has 5 friggin national championships.

Folks, it’s wise to fact check before posting factual claims.

What the hell are you talking about? I know there’s at least three, because:

— NC State has won 2 national championships, in 74 and 83.

—This is Purdue’s 3rd Final Four. They were also in the 80 final four and reached the 69 national championship game.

— UConn has 5 friggin national championships.

Folks, it’s wise to fact check before posting factual claims.

Maybe you should figure out what the 21st century is before going nuclear. Are you ok. Doesn't seem like it. You know exactly what I meant so save me the drama queen act.

Parity?

Purdue, #1, #2 or #3 much of the year, made the FF.
#1 Uconn, last year's champ, made the FF again.
NCSU, winner of the ACC tournament, made the FF.
Alabama made it but it's not like they are little Oakland. ;)

Reactions: TM2013
Parity?

Purdue, #1, #2 or #3 much of the year, made the FF.
#1 Uconn, last year's champ, made the FF again.
NCSU, winner of the ACC tournament, made the FF.
Alabama made it but it's not like they are little Oakland. ;)

By parity, they clearly mean teams that are routinely there and that just ain't it. Do better.

Maybe you should figure out what the 21st century is before going nuclear. Are you ok. Doesn't seem like it. You know exactly what I meant so save me the drama queen act.
You didn’t say “21st century”, you said “20th century”. Read your own post.

Complaining about people reading your post in the manner in which you literally wrote it is pretty sad.

Im sorry but UConn has been a top program since the early 90's...... Purdue and Bama have both started their rise years ago and have been top 25 teams for years..

and teams like NC State have had magical runs to the final four at times over the past 50 years. this year isnt some proof of more parity than 20 years ago.

Basically all these parity people are doing is saying that UK has only gotten its legendary status because we didnt play good teams and ate up on really horrible ones. Of course rival fans would make arguments that are pointing to that, but why are actual UK fans citing parity as why we're 63% winning % over the past 4 years when all their parity claims make it sound like this is how it should be for a program like UK and our history is a sham? Fans shouldnt sh*t all over the UK legacy like that.

Im sorry but UConn has been a top program since the early 90's...... Purdue and Bama have both started their rise years ago and have been top 25 teams for years..

and teams like NC State have had magical runs to the final four at times over the past 50 years. this year isnt some proof of more parity than 20 years ago.

Basically all these parity people are doing is saying that UK has only gotten its legendary status because we didnt play good teams and ate up on really horrible ones. Of course rival fans would make arguments that are pointing to that, but why are actual UK fans citing parity as why we're 63% winning % over the past 4 years when all their parity claims make it sound like this is how it should be for a program like UK and our history is a sham? Fans shouldnt sh*t all over the UK legacy like that.
3 Of the 4 teams in the F4 haven't been there in my lifetime and I am 40. Sure seems like parity to me. And similar occured last year.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT