ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Questions

Festivus Miracle

Sophomore
Mar 12, 2014
Is there a contract signed when NIL money is agreed upon? What happens if the kid blows out an ACL in August? Is it guaranteed money? This is going to happen some time or another. I'm assuming they are paid in increments, so does the money stop if or when the kids face and influence is no longer being used?

Is there a contract signed when NIL money is agreed upon? What happens if the kid blows out an ACL in August? Is it guaranteed money? This is going to happen some time or another. I'm assuming they are paid in increments, so does the money stop if or when the kids face and influence is no longer being used?
I'm sure attorneys are at work on both sides.
A neglect of legalities would be a nightmare ready to become reality.

We have seem collectives not pay out before, the Florida case comes to mind where their collective didn't pay the QB recruit the agreed amount and date by and he left and settled at Arizona State

LoL nope both sides agree on hundreds of thousands over just a spit in the palm and handshakes

YES they are signed contracts, YES lawyers on both sides review the details. YES the money is guaranteed.

BUT it cannot be pay for play. You can't sign Joe Blow to $500,000 to play basketball for the University of Kentucky. The NIL collectives give a contract to Joe Blow to earn 50,000 a month as long as he lives and goes to school in Lexington Kentucky.

No one is paying big NIL for a "face", dude, or their "influence". Grow up. the big money goes to the best football players and men's basketball players, period. They get the big money for being good at sports ball. Ain't no NIL collectives worried that there isn't enough advertising buzz about the 5 star QB they helped buy.

I get it, most of y'all are basketball onlys new to this; us football folks have been talking NIL since 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT