ADVERTISEMENT

No Execuses with this bracket

This thread is more confident that I thought .

Everyone focused on Texas Tech when I can see NC State being a very tough matchup if we beat Oakland .
NC State is legit and they scare me. They have one of those tiny point guards and a shifty big man who can pass. They won't be an easy out.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I agree, Cal HAS to get to the Sweet 16 (really, further, that's not enough).. There's no reason not to beat a 14 seed, and then take care of NcState or TTU.

ANd honestly, the rest of the bracket is very manageable.

I hope so . I could see the Burns guy bullying our bigs though .

I can’t lie though I’m not going to be confident in any matchup at this point and time of the year lol
Well there were a few squads I wanted to avoid and it seems we did avoid them. At least until the E8.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Assuming we make it far enough, Marquette worries me more than Houston. I think Houston is good but they aren’t peaking right now. Marquette is a solid team and always seems to have our number in the tournament.

Gotta like this draw though.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Um, you guys do remember that we play NO defense, right? I don't see how anyone is taking any game for granted.
You knew some would do this. I predicted yesterday that UK will score 115 and win by 25 round 1. Then there will be 10 threads predicting a run to the final 4.
50/50 Even winning againsr whoever they play round 2.
Bring their A game they will win. Play like they did Friday. Season over.

Just play a little D and we can turn this season around, or we’ll be in here next wkend asking how we can’t win more than 1 game in the ncaa anymore.
Unfortunately they’ve played “little d” most of the season. Sorry I couldn’t resist 🤣

Cal gets to go home to Pittsburgh. Maybe he can meet up with some old buddies and get in a good mental state, and not be a stomping, screaming lunatic during the games.

*drink*

If we play well and still get beat by Houston, in the elite 8, I don't think that's a bad loss. A loss before that is prob no going to fly.
I agree, I’d be fine losing that game, it would suck but I definitely have an Elite 8 barometer period and for this path. Let’s just get there, then anything can happen.

Assuming we make it far enough, Marquette worries me more than Houston. I think Houston is good but they aren’t peaking right now. Marquette is a solid team and always seems to have our number in the tournament.

Gotta like this draw though.
It’s payback time. Especially if their guard isn’t 100%. Assuming we do our parts. Koelek I think is his name.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConRay9
That is a gift bracket. Anything short of an E8 is an utter failure of a season. A loss to Houston is the only game that would be justifiable. Marquette, TTU, Oakland and UF aren’t acceptable losses
Losing to Florida wasn’t justifiable the two times we lost to them already this season.

I'm calling it now: if, IF we make the elite 8 we'll be matched up w/ A/M to get to the Final 4. They'll get Houston in their rematch and we'll get them in ours

Im A Grumpy Old Man Grumpy GIF - Im A Grumpy Old Man Grumpy Old Man GIFs
You misspelled pragmatic

*drink*

If we play well and still get beat by Houston, in the elite 8, I don't think that's a bad loss. A loss before that is prob no going to fly.
no its final four or GTFO Cal.......... any of the top 40 coaches could game plan a way for our roster to guarantee a win against Houston. With proper coaching and game planning , Houston shouldnt be able to score enough to beat us.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT