ADVERTISEMENT

NIL issues

wildcatglenn

All-SEC
Mar 8, 2005
USA
Now that last nights excitement is over, lets talk about tge biggest issue that plagues this program.
Stoops was 100% correct with his comment after the UGA game. It was just bad timing. I read UK is 13 out of 14 in the SEC in NIL fundraising. This isn’t going to get it done.
Is JMIs contract hurting that much? The Kentucky population doesn’t have the deep pockets as, lets say TX.
Is Mitch still not 100% on board with NIL? How do we better compete in the NIL world?

There has to be a conscious/concerted effort that the University must establish that the entire state of Ky can get behind and contribute to that will keep this football program competitive in the toughest football conference in America.

Here we go again, people who refuse to give to NIL blaming everyone else for them not supporting their school as much as other fanbases. Also no one reports how much NIL their players have besides propaganda or made up ON3 reports that are estimates that people accept as fact. Where are these NIL totals listed? Oh wait, no one can say? How far is Mississippi State ahead of us? Again, no one can answer because they’re made up claims. Specifically how is Mitch Barnhart not behind NIL? Does he not allow you to give to NIL? It’s weird people can’t answer a simple question about their claims but still throw them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry00
KSR said we have enough NIL to competitively pay 10-15 players. Other SEC schools can pay about 50

How do we contribute? Obviously I haven't but I will going forward. I want UK to compete for the best talent a win consistently, who doesn't ?
To me it would be nice to have a target amount of money to try to raise. Not everyone can give a lot but people can give some to the NIL program for our teams.

Reactions: backinky2018
Assuming Stops turned down the AM offer vs. him being dissed, I never want to hear him b!tch about lack of resources again, be it NIL or anything else.

This is the most difficult part of the new era of football.

No one is going to be honest in the NIL right now because it will only hurt them unless they are the highest payroll. Plus the NCAA is trying to pretend that pay-for-play isn’t allowed.

Someone has to organize a collective that is effective and accessible to all and gets millions of Kentucky fans to donate small amounts.

If you get a mega donor that says he/she will donate up to $10 million a year as long as it is matched by the fans and/or other boosters than that is at least a $20 million dollar payroll for basketball/football.

If one million fans give $10 then there you go. Most casual fans don’t want to shell out big sums of money when the cost of everything goes up and even going to a game is more expensive than ever. If you can motivate a mass amount of people to give little amounts then it makes a huge impact.

Then the question becomes is $20 million even enough? Who gets the money? What sport gets the money?

It’s a logistical nightmare that would be much easier if Kentucky had a handful of ridiculously wealthy fans willing to write huge checks. I am unfortunately not in this position at the time being, but if I ever get to that point y’all will all know lol.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
People can donate whatever they want. It won't result in a positive ROI as far as winning anything that matters though.

The big time SEC schools will always pay more. It is what it is.

Reactions: vhcat70
Assuming Stops turned down the AM offer vs. him being dissed, I never want to hear him b!tch about lack of resources again, be it NIL or anything else.
Sure. And the dregs of the fanbase like you never again expect better than 7-5.

Too many dumb morons funding the athletic dept & NIL 15th out of 16th yet demanding a team as good as Bama & Georgia. Don't pay, don't play.

The programs biggest problem is coaching philosophy. Until that changes, NIL isn't getting us over the hump alone.
College football is about Jimmies and Joes, not X's and O's. Always has been, always will be. Stoops has been fighting the SEC elite wth 1 hand tied behind his hack for 11 yrs.

Casuals who only watch a few games a yr think genius coaching designs and schemes are what matters. Unsophisticated uneducated false conclusions.

Was Kentucky better coached yesterday? Or did superior size & athletic ability win?

Reactions: Jont0805
Sure. And the dregs of the fanbase like you never again expect better than 7-5.

Too many dumb morons funding the athletic dept & NIL 15th out of 16th yet demanding a team as good as Bama & Georgia. Don't pay, don't play.
Why get on me? I wasn't the one looking at another job due to the unbearable working conditions I live with. You want more NIL, fine.

But he stayed. So I don't want to hear about it from Stoops as of now as it becomes a cop out by him. Deal with him, not me. Signed, 42-years season ticket holder.

Reactions: UK19
Why get on me? I wasn't the one looking at another job due to the unbearable working conditions I live with. You want more NIL, fine.

But he stayed. So I don't want to hear about it from Stoops as of now as it becomes a cop out by him. Deal with him, not me. Signed, 42-years season ticket holder.

I agree. It's not the fans fault stoop caused drama and supposedly almost took or took the a and m job and then based on the UK version supposedly changed his mind last minute to stay at the place where NIl will always be an issue.

If he chose to stay as everyone is saying he can no longer bitch about it because according to Stoops and his people, he withdrew.

College football is about Jimmies and Joes, not X's and O's. Always has been, always will be. Stoops has been fighting the SEC elite wth 1 hand tied behind his hack for 11 yrs.

Casuals who only watch a few games a yr think genius coaching designs and schemes are what matters. Unsophisticated uneducated false conclusions.

Was Kentucky better coached yesterday? Or did superior size & athletic ability win?
UK is more talented.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I was just reading an article from On3 which are showing NIL valuations for various top 100 players around the country that I thought was interesting....

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/football/

Now, it is my understanding that these are only estimates of value based on a variety of factors. In practice, they may be earning much more or less in some cases. But a couple of things stand out. One, you see tons of the usual suspects showing up in the rankings (Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State). Secondly, we don't have a single player in that top 100, which isn't all that surprising since most of these guys are the elite of the elite 5 star types we rarely get.

But just for the sake of discussion and out of curiosity, what would a program like UK have to spend each year to maintain a roster of players capable of competing in the upper level of the SEC? Does anyone have any estimates?

KSR said we have enough NIL to competitively pay 10-15 players. Other SEC schools can pay about 50
Matt Jones has connections at other SEC schools (very specific) about their NIL? Do they send a report to him or how does it work? Does the SEC, NCAA, or government have this information reported to them?

Last edited:
Yet he stayed. So IDGAS.

15th out of 16th in NIL? Is there a list of the exact order and how much NIL money every school has? Who are these numbers reported to that makes these lists?

Now that last nights excitement is over, lets talk about tge biggest issue that plagues this program.
Stoops was 100% correct with his comment after the UGA game. It was just bad timing. I read UK is 13 out of 14 in the SEC in NIL fundraising. This isn’t going to get it done.
Is JMIs contract hurting that much? The Kentucky population doesn’t have the deep pockets as, lets say TX.
Is Mitch still not 100% on board with NIL? How do we better compete in the NIL world?

As others have mentioned no one is advertising the amounts they are handing out in NIL. Do you really believe UK is behind the Mississippi schools or Vandy? UK pulled Leary who AU wanted, he didn't pick UK for free.

As others have mentioned no one is advertising the amounts they are handing out in NIL. Do you really believe UK is behind the Mississippi schools or Vandy? UK pulled Leary who AU wanted, he didn't pick UK for free.
They need those made up numbers for their agenda. Ask them for concrete evidence about these NIL numbers and specifics and watch the deflection show.

Sorry, but I, like so many others, have paid put in a lot of hard work over the years to get where I am today would not be willing to give $10/ year to an NIL collective so some 18 yr old kid can "get paid" Besides your $10 contribution will never be enough, the next year they will be asking for $20 and so on.....Eventually, will you will need to buy a "Kentucky Ticket" to stream games - similar to the NFL Sunday Ticket.

If people don't commit to these collectives, the system will correct itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT