ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Team Final just beat CP3. Game was on NBA TV. Caught the last few minutes of the game so I don't know how UK recruits played.
I'm not home, DVR'd it so will watch later. Nowell has struggled with shot a bit and Bethea had a quiet game in terms of attempts/but was efficient. Thomas Sorber the GTown commit and Robert Wright the Baylor commit led the way and had almost 40 FGA's between them but got a huge win as this pretty much assures that Team Final will win this Division and be #1 overall seed in the Tournament--they have 2 games left against Meanstreets and JL3 in their bracket and don't see either beating Final unless they rest guys and don't think they'll do that.

For those who are new to EYBL, CP3 and Team Final are hated rivals. This dates back to several battles on the court and into the lobbies/parking lots of where games are played. I personally witnessed a big confrontation when Harry Giles, Josh Okogie, that guard who went to UConn from NC whose name is escaping me were playing against Lamar Stevens, Tasheed Carr, Lonnie Walker, etc...and Philly guys don't back down at all. Throw in the fact that CP3 is always the "home" team at Peach Jam and this was an impressive win for Team Final. EYBL knows they are going to pack the gym and are must watch matchup for the junkies who follow this stuff closely.

Ahmad Nowell's line:

## Player FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA Off Def Tot PF TP A TO Blk Stl Min 0 Nowell, Ahmad 2-8 1-4 4-4 1 4 5 3 9 9 1 0 1 30

Jalil Bethea's line:

3 Bethea, Jalil 3-6 1-3 5-6 0 3 3 2 12 2 0 0 2 28

Reactions: Smashcat
Expressions are playing The Family for those interested right now. I'd expect that is on NBA TV right now as well. Only game going on right now.

For those unaware, Expressions has AJ Dybantsa and Joson Sonon to watch and The Family has Darius Acuff JR and John "Trey" McKenney.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Expressions are playing The Family for those interested right now. I'd expect that is on NBA TV right now as well. Only game going on right now.

For those unaware, Expressions has AJ Dybantsa and Joson Sonon to watch and The Family has Darius Acuff JR and John "Trey" McKenney.

Hoping Martin and Welch turn into great hires for UK. Like what I'm hearing on Welch.
Welch was a home run hire. That was stated from jump and glad fans are liking what they are hearing, but only a moron like Jeff Goodman would troll a guy who Jerry West, Pat Riley, Hubie Brown, etc...all think highly of as a player development coach and basketball mind.

Martin is a well respected/like person. Worked all over the country too, which speaks to the fact he builds relationship because recruiting at Memphis, Indiana, South Carolina, and Oregon are all very different. Location wise, and in how the sport is viewed in terms of importance. Wonder what this brand will do to help him recruit?

Really like Martin has a background with VJ Edgecombe. He's an extremely talented guy and was mentioned to me by my friend way back when he was talking up Jalil Bethea too.

Also of note and some won't like this, but it's going to be interesting to pay attention to--Martin was watching Edgecombe same time Travis Perry was playing Zoom Diallo.

Should read the tea leaves a little more when 4:30EST window hits when you have Team Final (Nowell/Bethea), FL Rebels (Karter Knox) vs Team Thad (Jasper Johnson), PSA (Boogie Fland) vs NJ Scholars (Billy Richmond) and The Family (Darius Acuff Jr and Trey McKenney) all playing at the same time at Peach Jam.

maybe @ralphdaltonfan can chime in hear but there is some chatter out there that they may not want to play at Duke. No idea if that's just mindless chatter or if there is any truth at all to it
There's been some buzz about them wanting to be recruited, and one thing Cal does a good job of is not wasting much time. Even when they are players we all like/love, if they know they can't land them or something is up, they stay away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT