ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Have to wait and see. Pro Ball is a big lure for him but he's mentioned in past he'd like to play CBB so a lot of time to see where this ends up.
Taking out the pro option, how would you handicap his top college probabilities?

I know all our best under 19 don’t go but seems like they still should be better than this performance @ralphdaltonfan

Ian Jackson only 2 points
This was the level of Team USA competition that Cal got raked over the coals for getting the Bronze and losing 1 game to Canada with RJ Barrett. BTW-the 19U level is where Team USA ALWAYS loses in International Competition so whomever wrote this complete trash about "world is catching up" is a clown. This is like the Soccer is taking over the United States nonsense I've heard since I was in elementary school. I'll be 50 soon.

Tad Boyle, Mike Boynton, and Leon Rice were handcuffed by some politics, but also some awful decisions for that roster-which often happens.

Ian Jackson had a good start to AAU ball, but didn't play well at all at this event. 6 of the players there I'd not have selected to play in the Peach Jam if I had a team and they are already in college or will be. Wonder if he's distracted by something?

Tre Johnson isn't a #1 overall player in HS basketball. He's just not that level. Will be interested if Kentucky watches him at Peach Jam or quietly fades away. He's been mid all EYBL Too.

Dylan Harper is a very good player, but he's not a #1 player in a class. I'd put Ace Bailey there myself in this class for now-until the reclassifications take place....but just my two cents.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
This was the level of Team USA competition that Cal got raked over the coals for getting the Bronze and losing 1 game to Canada with RJ Barrett. BTW-the 19U level is where Team USA ALWAYS loses in International Competition so whomever wrote this complete trash about "world is catching up" is a clown. This is like the Soccer is taking over the United States nonsense I've heard since I was in elementary school. I'll be 50 soon.

Tad Boyle, Mike Boynton, and Leon Rice were handcuffed by some politics, but also some awful decisions for that roster-which often happens.

Ian Jackson had a good start to AAU ball, but didn't play well at all at this event. 6 of the players there I'd not have selected to play in the Peach Jam if I had a team and they are already in college or will be. Wonder if he's distracted by something?

Tre Johnson isn't a #1 overall player in HS basketball. He's just not that level. Will be interested if Kentucky watches him at Peach Jam or quietly fades away. He's been mid all EYBL Too.

Dylan Harper is a very good player, but he's not a #1 player in a class. I'd put Ace Bailey there myself in this class for now-until the reclassifications take place....but just my two cents.
What you said about Tre Johnson is how I have felt about him all summer .

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
He had those two HUGE games against Cason Wallace in high school action and I kinda assumed he was outrageously good. He's good but doesn't seem to be as special as I thought he was.
TX kids have been great at Kentucky and played to their ranking/potential. But he's always talking about how he doesn't care if he's #1 etc...and that's 100% fine. However the report back from him quitting on that Team Final game....not a fan of that at all. He pouted and basically behaved like a spoiled brat. Responded well after that down moment, but he's just not been what was expected going into this Spring/Summer.

I think he'll be a very good player wherever he goes, but not sure that's where UK should look right now. But think they are really keeping tabs on Darryn Peterson reclassification possibility. He's been recruited like a top priority from jump. They went full staff for the kid when he was a FR, offered him early on, etc....and if he reclassifies, he'll be #1 or #2 depending on whether Flagg or Boozer reclassify--and know it's the "twins" but the other Boozer kid is a role player-he looked like mid tier talent when not with brother this past week at NBA Top 100 Camp.

What you said about Tre Johnson is how I have felt about him all summer .
Keep waiting for him to explode and he's good....but he doesn't really do anything great. He's not a plus athlete. He's not a great shooter. He's not efficient. He's trying to play the 1 with Houston Hoops and it's been mid-I mean they enter the Peach Jam 9-8. Team USA selection after the snub last year and they don't even medal? (not his fault--but man was that a garbage team-Eric Dailey's old ass just being there due to Boynton being on staff, Cody Williams isn't Jalen Williams yet-nor should he be, but Boyle wanted his guy, Asa Newell has never been what they see, and a few others that were just WTF are they doing selections)

Selfishly, I'd have rather seen Jackson/Johnson/Harper at Top 100 Camp and see how they hold up against the top competition. It's one of the few events that crosses shoe circuits, etc..and you get to see guys get after it/compete.

Jackson McAndrew's line against All OH last night in the PIT version of Peach Jam. Howard Pulley won the game and McAndrew's a guy I'd like to see UK to look at in '24 class.

23 McAndrew, Jackson 11-19 4-12 5-6 0 7 7 1 31 1 2 2 0 31

Numbers from this afternoon's 14 pt win over TSF:

23McAndrew, Jackson *7-126-93-392123

Reactions: Smashcat
Caleb Wilson, '25 recently offered Cat had a big game this morning in a big win over MoKan Elite's EYCL team:

24 Wilson, Caleb 7-17 1-2 5-6 3 5 8 2 20 6 4 2 2 32

Jackson McAndrew's line against All OH last night in the PIT version of Peach Jam. Howard Pulley won the game and McAndrew's a guy I'd like to see UK to look at in '24 class.

23 McAndrew, Jackson 11-19 4-12 5-6 0 7 7 1 31 1 2 2 0 31

Numbers from this afternoon's 14 pt win over TSF:

23McAndrew, Jackson *7-126-93-392123
Bossman impressed.

Interesting he mentioned Robison. He was AWFUL in the HS season and State Tournament in MN. Couldn't shoot, can't handle the ball and has a goofy walk/look to him but he's committed to Wisconsin and had some good games in Summer last year. He's a 6'5 guy from a school (Lakeville North) that has sent numerous players to Wisconsin (Tyler Wahl down to incoming FR Nathan Winter son of former Minnesota player Trevor Winter).

McAndrew is legit nice and just gaining more confidence as his ball handling and frame improve.

Reactions: Smashcat
I watched the majority of Team Final vs NH Lightning game. I'd take Nowell and Bethea NOW and I'd take Bethea if Tre Johnson wanted to commit to UK. He's elite. Also he's at least an inch taller than Meleek Thomas who is listed at 6'4/6'5.

Bethea is a top 5 player in this class and if you get him and Nowell, you will be in the Elite 8 with a chance to be in the Final Four type of good. They cross off every check mark. Toughness. Skill. Athleticism. Winners.

I know who want to be in the backcourt for UK in '25 and who I want to join Somto in the '24 class. Bethea should be OFFERED before UK gets to the Peach Jam on Thursday. He's the best wing player in this class and that includes Tre Johnson.

Meleek Thomas needs some fine tuning but he's going to be very good next year. The kid I like as a sleeper for the class of '24 is Jahki Howard. He's a jumpshot away from being a Lottery pick but type of freak athlete with teasing skill who with some development (Cough--Welch--Cough) could be special. Also is very good friends with Somto Cyril and plays in OTE. He has splash plays but needs to work on simple stuff-but the type of guy you want with the steady/skill and explosive as you'll see at any level. At least a 40 inch vert and while shot is not there yet--form is good, needs some mechanical reps to get there but worth taking a look at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT