ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Team Thad without Jayden Quaintance is now 0-2 and basically going to be must win for them here on out to qualify for the Playoff Portion of Peach Jam.

Jasper Johnson had 11 pts, 4 rebs 2 assists on 5-8 FG, 0-1 3pt 1-3 FT

PSA Cardinals beat them by 2 and Boogie Fland had 9 pts 2 rebs 5 assists on 3-10 FG, 1-4 3pt, 2-2 FT.

Tre Johnson suited up today after sitting out yesterday and led team to a big win over AZ United by 16 pts. Johnson had 31 pts, 5 rebs and 5 assits on 11-24 FG, 3-9 3pt, and 6-6 FT

In the game we were discussing a 20 pt Team Final Win over NH Lightning

Ahmad Nowell had 9 pts 4 rebs and 9 assists on 4-9 FG, 1-2 3pt 0-1 FT

Jalil Bethea had 31 pts, 6 rebs 2 assists on 11-17 FG 5-8 3pt, 4-4 FT

Robert Wright the Baylor commit had 26 pts 7 rebs 3 assists

Those 3 are lethal together. Fun to watch too. OFFER BETHEA CAL!!!!!!

Meleek Thomas had 17 pts 9 rebs 2 assists in defeat. 7-20 FG 1-7 3pt 2-4 FT

Jahki Howard had 13 pts, 5 rebs 1 assist 2 steals on 6-12 FG 0-4 3pt 1-1 FT

Tahaad Pettiford had 16 pts on 6-18 FG

I watched the majority of Team Final vs NH Lightning game. I'd take Nowell and Bethea NOW and I'd take Bethea if Tre Johnson wanted to commit to UK. He's elite. Also he's at least an inch taller than Meleek Thomas who is listed at 6'4/6'5.

Bethea is a top 5 player in this class and if you get him and Nowell, you will be in the Elite 8 with a chance to be in the Final Four type of good. They cross off every check mark. Toughness. Skill. Athleticism. Winners.

I know who want to be in the backcourt for UK in '25 and who I want to join Somto in the '24 class. Bethea should be OFFERED before UK gets to the Peach Jam on Thursday. He's the best wing player in this class and that includes Tre Johnson.

Meleek Thomas needs some fine tuning but he's going to be very good next year. The kid I like as a sleeper for the class of '24 is Jahki Howard. He's a jumpshot away from being a Lottery pick but type of freak athlete with teasing skill who with some development (Cough--Welch--Cough) could be special. Also is very good friends with Somto Cyril and plays in OTE. He has splash plays but needs to work on simple stuff-but the type of guy you want with the steady/skill and explosive as you'll see at any level. At least a 40 inch vert and while shot is not there yet--form is good, needs some mechanical reps to get there but worth taking a look at.
Yeah Jahki athleticism is off the charts . Nowell and Bethea backcourt is fun to watch .

Elliott Cadeau was definitely missed today . Seemed to be a lot of chirping and bad body language between Howard , Pettiford , and Thomas . But that will happen when you get beat down all game like they did .

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Yeah Jahki athleticism is off the charts . Nowell and Bethea backcourt is fun to watch .

Elliott Cadeau was definitely missed today . Seemed to be a lot of chirping and bad body language between Howard , Pettiford , and Thomas . But that will happen when you get beat down all game like they did .
Yes and Cadeau would look to distribute. Pettiford fits how Auburn likes to play so he'll be in a program that plays to his strengths but I wouldn't like him if you are at a place where you have to everyone looks. He's too "hero ball" approach.

Also, I agree that Rob Wright is great, but I love the trio of Team Final and how they play together. They understand how to attack and when to take shots and when to get others going. Wright looked better off the ball as a catch and shoot guy to me. Bethea can score anyway possible and does so efficiently. He's a 6'5/6'6 2G who will be elite due to his efficiency. Nowell just grows on you. More you watch, more you like.

Thomas needs to work on his jumper. It always pisses me off how nobody on the bench can help kids when they are badly missing in warm ups with such easily correctable things like "hold your follow through" or "use your legs more, it's why you are short". But they let guys die on the hill and it frustrates because technique reminders during a game can help a lot more than anything X's and O's.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Karter Knox came up big in his team's 74-71 OT win over Team Durant. His play when they were down 8 late in 3rd quarter got the game to OT and a big 3pt hit with them up 1 late put the game out of reach for the FL Rebels.

Karter had 24 pts 10 rebs and was 10-19 and 4-9 from 3pt line.

As usual when you watch these games, you are baffled at some strategic blunders (FL Rebels had 3 of them) and find a player you despise. For the Rebels, it's #0, Daniel Macgregor. An obnoxious little Napoleon complex guard who wouldn't get the ball to Knox or McNeely at key points so he could do obnoxious reverse layups and miss. Got bailed out on some Women officiating NBA Summer League type of calls. Was always yelling at teammates and couldn't defend a statue. Other than that, well add the mandatory Jack Harlow haircut every white or mixed kid has to have this Summer...and I want to vent about that too. Sorry for rant...but literally wanted the HC to bench his ass for his obnoxious and awful play.

Darius Acuff really struggling after a fantastic week last week at NBA Top 100 Camp.

Had a horribly inefficient game after a mediocre game yesterday. Trey McKenney was great yesterday but was off today as well as The Family blew an early lead and lost to Boo Williams.

3 McKenney, John 4-14 0-4 2-2 1 4 5 3 10 2 1 0 1 25

5 Acuff, Darius 6-24 3-11 0-0 1 6 7 2 15 5 5 0 0 30

Karter Knox came up big in his team's 74-71 OT win over Team Durant. His play when they were down 8 late in 3rd quarter got the game to OT and a big 3pt hit with them up 1 late put the game out of reach for the FL Rebels.

Karter had 24 pts 10 rebs and was 10-19 and 4-9 from 3pt line.

As usual when you watch these games, you are baffled at some strategic blunders (FL Rebels had 3 of them) and find a player you despise. For the Rebels, it's #0, Daniel Macgregor. An obnoxious little Napoleon complex guard who wouldn't get the ball to Knox or McNeely at key points so he could do obnoxious reverse layups and miss. Got bailed out on some Women officiating NBA Summer League type of calls. Was always yelling at teammates and couldn't defend a statue. Other than that, well add the mandatory Jack Harlow haircut every white or mixed kid has to have this Summer...and I want to vent about that too. Sorry for rant...but literally wanted the HC to bench his ass for his obnoxious and awful play.
Knox usually brings it.

Reactions: University-6
Thank you. I was clicking everything. I'll try again when I'm home.

Can you dm me? I tried dming you and can't. Just want to share something with you.
I'm not on premium--so people who are on HOB can send me a PM and I can respond. That's how I interact with several people here. If you don't have premium but have something to share, hit me up via email at rdfhoops@gmail. Talk with some posters that way too.

I am not a fan
The kid is the leading scorer in KHSAA history and hasn't even started his senior year in high school. Has shown he can score against good competition and will play multiple years in college. Imo we can't let him go to IU or Purdue or UVA and watch him with frustration for four friggin' years like we did Lofton at UT.

Interesting he mentioned Robison. He was AWFUL in the HS season and State Tournament in MN. Couldn't shoot, can't handle the ball and has a goofy walk/look to him but he's committed to Wisconsin and had some good games in Summer last year. He's a 6'5 guy from a school (Lakeville North) that has sent numerous players to Wisconsin (Tyler Wahl down to incoming FR Nathan Winter son of former Minnesota player Trevor Winter).

McAndrew is legit nice and just gaining more confidence as his ball handling and frame improve.
Still hot.

Robison's performance is stunning and credit to him for improving because he was '21 UK disappointing when seeing him against top teams/competition last year. Good for him.

McAndrew is going to easily be the best player in state in '24 now Freitag is going to OTE with SoCal Academy.

Freitag/Robison are both committed to Wisconsin too. McAndrew is waiting to see if Bluebloods jump into his recruitment by end of Month and I think some will by end of weekend.

A young guy in '25 who gets forgotten about but has had an outstanding EYBL season and is playing 17U as a '25 class member is Jerry Easter Jr. He had a big game this morning too in W over City Rocks who has a nice PG in GTown commit Kayvaun Mulready.

2 Easter, Jerry 9-16 3-6 7-8 2 7 9 1 28 0 5 0 1 28

NH Lightning and JL3 are in OT with NHL up 3 with just over a Minute left. Other game early is also in OT with Meanstreets up 2 pts on UPlay Canada.

For those who are at home, remember that NBA TV is televising now--through 4:30pm EST today, tomorrow, and then has games on Friday/Saturday as well as ESPNU having games Saturday (Semis of 17U) and Sunday they are showing 4 championship games.

JL3 wins by 1 in OT--92-91.

Here's Meleek Thomas's line

5Thomas, Meleek *9-182-63-457123

Jahki Howard's line:

10Howard, Jahki *9-202-101-132-21

I’m hoping to see a few more offers soon. Next year, we may only return Thiero, Oyenso, Sheppard, Burks, and maybe Hart and Dillingham.

Counting Cyril, we may need 6 or 7.

We’ll likely need 1-2 PGs, another SG, two other wings, and a PF.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I think that’s the tough spot Cal is in right now. Trying to slow play them all, since Peterson rumored to be an eventual reclass candidate.

Absolutely need 2 of the 3.
You can play all 3, but Knox would be a forward--I think he's a better shooting version of PJ Washington personally---but get me Bethea/Peterson and I like Nowell at PG--guy has won everywhere he's played and that carries over to CBB more often than not. Won a State title as a FR at Germantown in TN, then in Philly he's won with Justin Edwards at Imhotep Prep and with Team Final they've won a lot of big games. He's also used to sharing the spotlight and playing with other elite guys who need the ball.

Really should come down to who you want more--Richmond or Knox and have nothing to do with the other guards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT