ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Think it was Shaudy who was asking me about Kiyan Anthony a few weeks ago. Well he had 42 pts in a game at NBA Top 100 today in front of the NBA Scouts. He's leading scorer at the Event through today too. So if you were high on him-great call. I've not seen him much other then the LuHi HS games and he was solid but not like this.
I've seen anthony blow up a couple of times. Solid player

Think it was Shaudy who was asking me about Kiyan Anthony a few weeks ago. Well he had 42 pts in a game at NBA Top 100 today in front of the NBA Scouts. He's leading scorer at the Event through today too. So if you were high on him-great call. I've not seen him much other then the LuHi HS games and he was solid but not like this.
I’ll be honest I’ve never watched any of the top 100 but have lightly followed from afar as we had targets there every year obviously. What’s the format for these games? I see Anthony had 39 field goal attempts in 37 minutes to get 35 points today. 1 guy getting over a shot a minute is pretty wild stuff! Not to discredit his production as admittedly I didn’t watch.

Do we know if the kids from USA Basketball are coming back to play?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Actually Iowa likes him a lot and they've done a great job evaluating college post prospects with Garza and Owen Freeman this past year who was Big Ten FOY.
That they do, are we recruiting him for sure? I think Cal’s biggest problem was all ranking related and not how their skills fit together most times. This staff seems to prioritize fit into the system more.

Based on his performances it looks like Yessoufo is a clear take, if we can pry him away from Arizona. I don't care if he is only 6'5 or 6'6, the dude can do it all. I'll be anxious in a month or so to see if we're clear cut favorites for anyone. You know opposing coaches will be putting in all kinds of horse puckey in recruits' ears regarding pope.

RDF any buzz going around of us possibly leading for anyone in the 25 class?
I've not heard anything substantial. Think they are just focusing on this upcoming class now. Had a lot of roster building to do for '25 team so it makes sense that recruiting took a bit of backseat. Offers coming out, going to see a lot of players, and they'll have the NCAA Mandated HS "team" Camps coming up at end the Month back to back before things get serious in July as usual. That's when we'll find out who is serious/getting serious and who isn't.

I've not heard anything substantial. Think they are just focusing on this upcoming class now. Had a lot of roster building to do for '25 team so it makes sense that recruiting took a bit of backseat. Offers coming out, going to see a lot of players, and they'll have the NCAA Mandated HS "team" Camps coming up at end the Month back to back before things get serious in July as usual. That's when we'll find out who is serious/getting serious and who isn't.
Thank you, much appreciated!

This guy has to be the best three point shooter in the class. He’s shooting 52% from 3 on 7.6 attempts per game on the adidas circuit.
Brandon Ramsey wrote that he expects Pope to be watching him at the annual Charlie Hughes Showcase at Carmel High School on Friday afternoon.

One of new Kentucky basketball coach Mark Pope’s early recruiting targets is set to come off the board this weekend. And the Wildcats are in the running to earn his commitment. On Sunday afternoon, class of 2025 five-star small forward Will Riley will make his post-high school basketball playing decision.

A 6-foot-8, 180-pound prospect who has been strongly linked with a reclassification to the 2024 recruiting group, Riley will be picking between Alabama, Arizona, Illinois, Kentucky, and the New Zealand Breakers of the National Basketball League (NBL), the top professional men’s basketball league in Australia and New Zealand. Riley is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 15 overall prospect in the 2025 recruiting class.

Earlier this year, Riley was named the MVP of the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp during NBA All-Star Weekend. Riley cemented his place as Pope’s first major recruit at Kentucky when Riley took an official visit to Lexington in early June.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article289280700.html#storylink=cpy

In-state standouts Malachi Moreno (Great Crossing), Tay Kinney (Newport) and Jayden Johnson (Trinity) will also be taking the floor in Shelbyville throughout the weekend with Kentucky coaches scheduled to be in attendance — among many stops.

Be prepared for a hectic recruiting weekend for the Wildcats -
Pilgrim.

Last edited:
Reactions: true blue1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT