ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban Retiring?

Chris Lowe broke the news. Saban has met with his team to inform them he’s retiring

Dang! I'm old enough to remember Bear's last seasons. Was he better than him? I think so. Probably the best coach in my lifetime. They probably throw the vault at Kiffin. Guys a heck of a coach.

To end your career on the back of Jalen Milroe as your QB in the easiest era to find a decent one is a tough pill to swallow.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Good for him...get out and enjoy life. Greatest college football coach ever. Lane Kiffin has got to be their first choice. That's not a bad thing for UK. Cats will always struggle to beat Bama, but Ole Miss is no guarantee to always be a tough out. Plus, if Kiffin goes and some of those Ole Miss guys leave...makes out game with them next year a little more winnable.

He was an Overtime away from playing in the National Championship game......nothing for him to hang his head over. We wish we'd have had Miltoe this past season....

Reactions: KT34
ESPN radio says they will call Dabo, Urban Meyer, Kiffin and Kirby Smart

Surprised but not surprised. He had an unbelievable run at Bama and they're still playing at a high level. No reason to watch it slip into oblivion. For a long time I thought Dabo was the heir apparent but Kiffin would be a heckuva choice. Would Kirby leave GA - doubt it. Mike Norvell at FSU? Sark? Not many who I can think of who'd want to follow in Saban's wake, understandably. Interesting to speculate.

Good for him...get out and enjoy life. Greatest college football coach ever. Lane Kiffin has got to be their first choice. That's not a bad thing for UK. Cats will always struggle to beat Bama, but Ole Miss is no guarantee to always be a tough out. Plus, if Kiffin goes and some of those Ole Miss guys leave...makes out game with them next year a little more winnable.
Go live in his house at Captiva.

Be an interesting hire. Greg Byrne was an assistant ad at UK a few years under barnhart when he came in. That connection is how they hired Bohannon in baseball a few years ago. From his time with John Cohen

Dabo isn't down with NIL and that's going to hurt his chances. Getting Kirby would be a coup but Georgia will fight like he'll to keep him.

ESPN radio says they will call Dabo, Urban Meyer, Kiffin and Kirby Smart
Kirby’s a Georgia guy he’s not going anywhere. He pretty much has UGA challenging Bama’s throne at this point. He’s proven he can accomplish just as much right where he is. And if Bama botched this hire, hell, even if they don’t, this change signals the superiority change in the SEC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT