ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas don’t mess this up!

Basil Cat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 25, 2021
You have a HOF coach on the hook. He will make all of your CBB dreams come true. You will wish the 2025 tournament started next week. With his promises of the best talent and he will even mention “Championships” 😱. At least in the press conference.

Follow the advice of the greatest Nick Saban. If you want to be happy for an hour eat a steak. If you want to be happy for a day play golf. If you want to be happy for a week take a cruise. If you want to me happy for a month buy a car. But if you want to be happy until the end of February hire John Calipari! Ok, I made the last part up, but you can do this !! But in draft day, wow you will be the kings of CBB!!!

I've never been to Arkansas but I'd assume Cal is to rich for that job. No way this happens.

Honestly, sounds like a win for both parties involved. Kentucky gets out of paying a lot of money. Arkansas gets elevated on brand alone. The expectations are drastically different for both programs. Seems like an upgrade for both programs. I am not against this as a Razorback fan.

• Love
Reactions: deep3
Honestly, sounds like a win for both parties involved. Kentucky gets out of paying a lot of money. Arkansas gets elevated on brand alone. The expectations are drastically different for both programs. Seems like an upgrade for both programs. I am not against this as a Razorback fan.
Are you guys that down ? Have you seen his results for the last 5 years ???

@Basil Cat Well if you believe the NIL troubles and the current roster situation (1 player), and the current coaching search...yes. It does a couple of things. Regardless of what opinions of Cal are as a coach it is an instant brand boost. It brings the Tyson family back in the fold financially (very close to Cal and WWW) after a 10 year hiatus of funding. It will instantly infuse funding on that family and general NIL funding instantly specifically Little Rock funding with the Fletchers, Everetts, and Warren Stephens. And simply put again, let's be real, the expectations at Arkansas and Kentucky are world's apart. I just think it makes sense for both parties.

Last edited:
Norlander says Tyson wants him. The big money is there. Sounds like this is going to happen.

@Basil Cat Well if you believe the NIL troubles and the current roster situation (1 player), and the current coaching search...yes. It does a couple of things. Regardless of what opinions of Cal are as a coach it is an instant brand boost. It brings the Tyson family back in the fold financially (very close to Cal and WWW) after a 10 year hiatus of funding. It will instantly infuse funding on that family and general NIL funding instantly specifically Little Rock funding with the Fletchers, Everetts, and Warren Stephens. And simply put again, let's be real, the expectations at Arkansas and Kentucky are world's apart. I just think it makes sense for both parties.

Fair enough, but I think you will look back and say the signs were there of what you are truly getting.
UK should have ripped off the band aid 3 years ago.

@Basil Cat Case in point. Word trickling in that Tysons are fronting a $6M NIL budget for him. I don't think opposing fans nor Arkansas fans understand how dire Arkansas NIL situation is at the moment. Arkansas Basketball can't turn that down. I think it is going to be around $7.5M + $6M NIL budget.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT