ADVERTISEMENT

Nice job, Cal: UK not in the top 10 schools with most wins against ranked programs

This is the stat that matters. We can throw stats around for ever but when you can't find Kentucky in the Top 10 then Houston we have a problem. There is nothing Gold Standard about UK and no ranked team would fear us. Heck unranked teams don't fear us anymore.

There was a time when opposing teams feared going into Rupp Arena. That too is history thanks to Calipari.

a75uhbr69pt81.jpg

Not what I asked. I agree with that stat that we need to get up there but I was curious if the opinion that uk never plays anyone ooc ranked is valid or not.

If it is, then we have had less opportunities to beat ranked teams the past 10 years. I know the record against ranked teams has not been good post 2015 regardless.

The Calopologists have done their duty to their Wizard today.

Good work, gentlemen. Cal has Kool-Aid and original cheddar Goldfish waiting for you at the secret orchard when you return from your public displays of loyalty.

giphy.gif
Whaaaaa. Cope much? Of course not. Last time I saw anyone cry this much was the Duke kid. Just go pick another team if you aren’t man enough to gut it out. Nancy boys.

• Haha
Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Half of this is on the SEC, but there's no denying that the other half is Cal's bad record against T25 teams. Finally the SEC is getting its act together, but Cal left a lot of wins on the table.

Reactions: SuporChin
CroCat, you must stop revealing the truth. ConManCal slurpers are so upset, that their bite-reflect is being triggered and hurting the ConMan.
I hope he leaves tomorrow. I just don’t lie in the floor and cry about it 24x7. Sadly, it’s grown adults acting like little bitches over a game played with an orange ball by teenage strangers. Sad sack.

So now it's "the SEC is weak" as our excuse for Cal stinking up the joint against good teams?

Villanova plays in a mid major conference. Why do they have more success than Kentucky?
SEC hasn’t had teams ranked as much in the last 10 years. It limits the number of games they played against top 25 teams.

Reactions: SuporChin
Calipari's record against ranked teams the last few years isn't even a +.500 record.

You know that, right?
Actually I don’t. I don’t obsess over numbers and look for every stat that will cause cal and UK to look bad.

So you enter debates without having knowledge about the actual facts that are being debated?

That's fascinating.
I didn’t debate the record. It is what it is I simply said the SEC over the last 10 years haven’t had as many ranked teams as the BIG 10 thus having less chances for wins.

Man Maui has some beasts playing in it nowadays you won’t find Cal playing in that. How about the Phil Knight Nike tournament? Play in that and get back into the good grace of Nike sometimes you have to bite the bullet. I mean we play a few good teams at neutral sites but our Rupp schedule has went to absolute dog $hit under Triple C! I feel bad for all the season ticket holders that get teams like Albany, North Florida, Robert Morris, Mount St. Mary’s, Central Michigan, and Ohio U.
The Nike/Knight thing hurts us more than people realize.

So about that 18 game lead that Calipari inherited over Kansas in all time wins back in 2009, I thought people said that it matters who you play. They were acting like UK had the tougher schedule. They must have listened to Calipari too much. Turns out that Kansas took the all time lead while playing the tougher schedule. I love it. I’m not mad at all about the records UK is losing, before the Cal defenders try to act like I’m mad about what they call useless records. At this point, I just sit back and laugh at the Cal defenders and the train wreck that the basketball program has become. I got to say, I love it. I’ve been bashed and banned so much that I now enjoy watching the program keep free falling. The Cal defenders don’t deserve any better than this mediocre basketball that Cal brings to the table.

If you're trying to use this as bait to prove some kind of illconceived point then keep trying. This chart shows the strength of the conferences those schools are in more than anything else.

Four of those listed are in the Big 12, and three are in the Big 10. Both of which perinennially have schools ranked. The SEC has been mostly garbage since Cal got here. UF was good until White took over a while ago. UT has been consistently good over the last ten years. Vandy has been awful since Stallings left. USC has largely been not great for a while. Arkansas had its moments here and there. That whole 2015 campaign, there was one ranked conference game. 2012 saw only one school ranked in conference play. For years it was usually UK and maybe some other school who were regularly ranked.

Other conferences have consistently better than the SEC and this graphic shows that.
Except our record against top 25 teams is abysmal during that exact same time frame. There’s always that. Cal has had his chances to win against ranked teams. He just simply hasn’t.

Do you spend your time trying to find category’s that Cal doesn’t rank well in? Get a life, and if you can’t support Cal and UK, find a new team. We don’t need any more fair weather fans. We have too many already.

Reactions: shodaman
Thread summary:

Cal Cult: This just proves that the SEC is weak. Cal hasn't had a chance to beat ranked teams

UK Fans: But wait, how is Villanova, a program which plays in what is barely a power conference these days, not only on the list, but in the Top 5 at that?

Cal Cult: *crickets*

UK Fans: Maybe it has something to do with their tough non-conference schedule and their massive success in the NCAA tournament, where they have won 2 championships and been in 3 Final Fours since we last played in one?

Cal Cult: Why do you losers care so much anyway? It's just a game, ending generational poverty is more important!

begok has other, more important, priorities than wins at UK.

nba draftees, social activism, kneeling, bloating his ego--

begok will NEVER again reach a ncaaT final four at UK.

26-4 first 3 seasons against ranked teams. 86.7% wins
41-37 last 10 seasons against ranked teams. 52.6% wins

The "TREND" is obvious, and pathetic.

rr

Last edited:
Thread summary:

Cal Cult: This just proves that the SEC is weak. Cal hasn't had a chance to beat ranked teams

UK Fans: But wait, how is Villanova, a program which plays in what is barely a power conference these days, not only on the list, but in the Top 5 at that?

Cal Cult: *crickets*

UK Fans: Maybe it has something to do with their tough non-conference schedule and their massive success in the NCAA tournament, where they have won 2 championships and been in 3 Final Fours since we last played in one?

Cal Cult: Why do you losers care so much anyway? It's just a game, ending generational poverty is more important!
LOL! There’s not a single Cal cultist here. Just a bunch off sorry ass adult aged children seeking company for their 24x7 misery that is rooted from things not even related to KY basketball.

This is the stat that matters. We can throw stats around for ever but when you can't find Kentucky in the Top 10 then Houston we have a problem. There is nothing Gold Standard about UK and no ranked team would fear us. Heck unranked teams don't fear us anymore.

There was a time when opposing teams feared going into Rupp Arena. That too is history thanks to Calipari.

a75uhbr69pt81.jpg
Scott Drew needs to be our next coach. Some may say Dwayne Casey.

Mussleman
Casey
Drew

LOL! There’s not a single Cal cultist here. Just a bunch off sorry ass adult aged children seeking company for their 24x7 misery that is rooted from things not even related to KY basketball.
Why dont you talk about UK basketball instead of calling diehard fans ''sorry ass adult aged children''.

Go stalk them like the homosexual stalker you are.

Scott drew already recruits at a high level, has a ship and actually cares about winning college basketball games. Barnhart should reach out this summer to gauge interest. If cal finds a way to miss the tournament again then that’s that and bring drew in. Wouldn’t be hard to crowd fun the buyout.

Reactions: CROCAT
When was the last time we were even in Maui? Was it when Cal was running trains on us at Memphis with clearly superior talent at the time?

I think we played them in the 2nd round that year, might’ve been the 1st round. Got romped by 20 if I recall. We have a losing record to Memphis because of it

Reactions: dckala2 and CROCAT
Not going to Maui or playing in any fun preseason tournament are weird little things that cal has done to soak bridges in gasoline. Going and losing to Evansville only ignites them.

Kansas is the Gold Standard program at this point in time. Calipari has allowed UK to sink to an also ran, program of no significance or threat to win a title.

As fans we must hope he continues to schedule Evansville and other no name teams to keep us at 20 wins. If we played a difficult schedule we may miss out on the NCAA altogether. Or if we made it, be placed no higher than an 8 seed.

Many of our fans have accepted Calipari's performance but they are Cal and NBA fans, not die heart UK. If we were an honest program we would re-write our publicity press releases and say who we really are. A good SEC team but not spectacular or feared by anyone.
Hey now, slow your roll just a bit. We may not be the gold standard anymore but we've got the tin standard locked down pretty tight. Cal should get an extension on his lifetime contract.

Another crybaby post. Same thing regurgitated for haters to eat.
Yup. We’ve had a rough 5 years.

Once a day, someone posts yet ANOTHER statistic that was apart of that bad 5 years. But then they decide to be mad about this “new information.” When really, it goes hand in hand with a craptastic 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT