ADVERTISEMENT

Never buying the hype with Kentucky again

You want to call me a pumper go right ahead. I’ve been here almost since the beginning. Never really ever posted at all. I use to listen to games when the only thing you had was your imagination because they weren’t on tv. We would literally drive our car around until we got good reception. I came here for years to get information. That’s why I still come to hopefully get one bit of pertinent info. I cringed and celebrated during the Hall, Sutton years. Celebrated during the Pitino years and yelled when he left. Became somewhat indifferent during the Tubby years and just downright despised the G years. When Calipari came I had my reservations but still watched and enjoyed the games. They were lifesavers due to battling cancer during the 11-13 years. I have yelled at the tv at every stupid decision I believe was made. I mourned the 15 loss and I have questioned recruits and coaching decisions these past almost tens years. But one day about 3 years ago I started listening to myself and my family as they bemoaned and criticized and started calling players and the coaches names and I realized many things. You can all make up your own minds on what I discovered about life but needless to say is I discovered my joy shouldn’t come from sports. But I still kept coming here for my tidbits of info. But that’s not what this place is anymore. It’s full of vitriol, name calling, biased opinion(on both sides) and just bashing. I remained silent and just let all of you people go at each other while you ran away worthy posters and interested readers but recently I made the attempted to start bringing some positivity and immediately started getting called pumper and other superlatives. So I got a little frustrated and upset and decided to stand some ground but it doesn’t matter to you people. You don’t care about anything but your opinion. You think everything you have believed is the truth and your mind will never be open to anything but your opinion. I wrote an essay. Read if you want. But I’ve said my peace. Happy New Year and I hope one day you find the true meaning of Joy. God Bless you all.
This post really resonates with me. I choose optimism and joy mostly for life reasons. When I apply it here, I get called many variations of Cal-lover and sunshine pumper, but in my opinion it's better than just being constantly negative.

I know I know, the perpetually negative bunch will just say they are being "realistic" or "telling how it is".....that's been the reasoning since the beginning of time and will be so going forward.

I love Kentucky and I know this isn't cool, but I like Cal. Grateful to watch every game they play.

What was the quote? Was it really "throwing Reed under the bus"? Or was it just haters being emotional and overreacting?

And if Cal is "throwing Reed under the bus", how has it impacted his minutes? A quick check says he's getting starters minutes, 4th most on the team.......basically tied for most of any freshman on the team with DJ (26.7 & 26.3)

I think Reed is ok, the funny part is, posters on this board are "done with Cal" over a make-believe situation that the kid himself handled just fine.
I am not going to find the quote from Rowland, but it was in a thread that someone started. Not really wanting to start the new year arguing so let’s just say you are right. @bbn02’s thread I think.

just checking in to see how this thread is going. is it going pretty well? civil and such?
giphy.gif

It was certainly warranted to be pissed about that game. Who wasn’t?

But to keep dwelling on it just requires one to hold a grudge.

Easy to spot. They are the ones still talking about Evansville.
Tell me which teams lose at home to low majors and win titles? It’s not being pissed about a game it’s being pissed about what that game shows your team is capable of and the ceiling it creates for seeding purposes. Good coaches don’t continually crap great opportunities away with crappy December losses. Cal is a the absolute worst. We have had to make up for losses and play from behind all season the last 7 seasons or so. An early loss to a team we shouldn’t IS why we have not secured a 1 seed since 2015. We fight our butts off down the stretch and have to peak sooner to optimize seeding because of early bad losses. Then We hit the tournament with injuries.

You want to call me a pumper go right ahead. I’ve been here almost since the beginning. Never really ever posted at all. I use to listen to games when the only thing you had was your imagination because they weren’t on tv. We would literally drive our car around until we got good reception. I came here for years to get information. That’s why I still come to hopefully get one bit of pertinent info. I cringed and celebrated during the Hall, Sutton years. Celebrated during the Pitino years and yelled when he left. Became somewhat indifferent during the Tubby years and just downright despised the G years. When Calipari came I had my reservations but still watched and enjoyed the games. They were lifesavers due to battling cancer during the 11-13 years. I have yelled at the tv at every stupid decision I believe was made. I mourned the 15 loss and I have questioned recruits and coaching decisions these past almost tens years. But one day about 3 years ago I started listening to myself and my family as they bemoaned and criticized and started calling players and the coaches names and I realized many things. You can all make up your own minds on what I discovered about life but needless to say is I discovered my joy shouldn’t come from sports. But I still kept coming here for my tidbits of info. But that’s not what this place is anymore. It’s full of vitriol, name calling, biased opinion(on both sides) and just bashing. I remained silent and just let all of you people go at each other while you ran away worthy posters and interested readers but recently I made the attempted to start bringing some positivity and immediately started getting called pumper and other superlatives. So I got a little frustrated and upset and decided to stand some ground but it doesn’t matter to you people. You don’t care about anything but your opinion. You think everything you have believed is the truth and your mind will never be open to anything but your opinion. I wrote an essay. Read if you want. But I’ve said my peace. Happy New Year and I hope one day you find the true meaning of Joy. God Bless you all.
Really well said. A reminder...don't let others steal your joy. You got your head screwed on just right in my opinion. Keep being you. Positivity is a gift some people don't have, and they can only be happy when they are knocking others or other opinion's down. Don't be mad at them, be sad for them. Imagine a life where you only see the negative side....sounds really sad to me.

Reactions: lsb34m3
There may be some truth in this statement and honestly that doesn’t bother me. I certainly hope as a human being you care more for the people you lead than the out outcomes. If the only thing you care about is winning at all costs then you are a terrible person and I wouldn’t want that as a a coach, mentor or friend.
Was it stated that the only thing cared about was winning at all costs?

Does Cal care more about himself than winning at times. That is the question.

BTW how often is there a conflict between winning and caring about others?

Cal’s job imo requires winning over say prepping for the NBA

Was it stated that the only thing cared about was winning at all costs?

Does Cal care more about himself than winning at times. That is the question.

BTW how often is there a conflict between winning and caring about others?

Cal’s job imo requires winning over say prepping for the NBA

It's not that complicated. Calipari's philosophy is that the best path to success is to get the most talented players and you get the most talented players by putting players' interests first.

You can disagree with that philosophy, but the people who think it's just about the NBA don't get it.

Reactions: ukcatz12
Really well said. A reminder...don't let others steal your joy. You got your head screwed on just right in my opinion. Keep being you. Positivity is a gift some people don't have, and they can only be happy when they are knocking others or other opinion's down. Don't be mad at them, be sad for them. Imagine a life where you only see the negative side....sounds really sad to me.
I guess if you believe people on a message board act the same way in their every day life this would make sense.

Fact is, most people use this board to vent. That is fairly normal.

Blowing a 14 point lead to KU was all I needed to see. Them beating an overrated Miami team at home meant nothing to me. I can't say I saw this massive upset coming..I didn't..but it doesn't surprise me. Never underestimate how bad Cal can be.
So many coach’s on this site. Its humbling to be in their presence

I guess if you believe people on a message board act the same way in their every day life this would make sense.

Fact is, most people use this board to vent. That is fairly normal.
How people act means nothing to me, i cant control that. I can control how i react to what they do or say. I am mastering that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT