ADVERTISEMENT

Never buying the hype with Kentucky again

I've been off the Calipari wagon for a few years now and voiced my continuing doubts in a thread a couple days ago about how things have been so much better and Calipari has changed. My doubts surround the fact that Calipari is who he is. He tightens up in close games and it took a freak of nature type played in Anthony David to finally win a title. He couldn't win it with an incredible roster (including two future NBA all-stars) in 2015.

The guy is a VERY average in game coach and only a slightly above average program manager. Is he a great recruiter? Yes, undoubtedly. But, the list of recruits that turned into lottery recruits because of Calipari is very short. Most were headed to the NBA before they ever came to UK. IMO, he is overrated in that dept as well.
A zebra doesn't change his stripes. Calipari will always revert back to his default nature in a challenging environment. And throwing Reed under the bus is just another example of that type of sketchy behavior.

It’s still way too early to be talking about seeds and predictions for the team. That’s all I’m saying. Everyone has the right to be pissed, it’s a shitty loss. Next game will tell us a lot about this team IMo.
Aaaaaaand rinse, repeat...

Bash the OP if you want but it’s true. I’ve been absolutely giddy the last few games but the whole time I’ve had a voice in my head telling me it’s fool’s gold. Cal’s teams just peter out. They get you excited but they can never get over the hump to finish as a GREAT team.

I fully expect this to be the continuing pattern this year. They’ll have some great games then forget how to play and lose some random ones, then drop in the tourney around round 3, give or take one. I just don’t trust Cal anymore.
Don’t worry they always do. I get called miserable, a 13 year old teenage girl, that I have multiple personalities, but yet they never address the issue at hand and defend cal and this situation blindly

100 percent. Cal is never going to change. He hired a offensive guru and reverts back to high-low as soon as we get a 7 footer back. He just can't help himself. He keeps thinking one day he's gonna wake up and it's gonna be April 4th, 2015 again and this time he's gonna win it. He's done. Richmond, Evansville, UNC Wilmington.
Don't forget St. Peter's.

We could be the best team. Problem is we have a coach that absolutely cannot make in game adjustments. That’s the difference. It sucks.
Agree, the players themselves are good and cpaabale of good things. But this thread was me saying I’m not trusting cal to make adjustments and to win the games when he needs to

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Cal was not throwing Reed under the much he was throwing the fans under the bus he enjoys sticking it to the fans just the way he is .
Which is worse. He is salty because Kentucky fans like the home state player and that seems to agitate him for some strange reason. But it fits right in with his bennie comments etc.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It’s the same crap every year man. I thought this team would be above games like this and would go undefeated in rupp. They will lose to penn and unc with the pathetic effort tonight and honestly it doesn’t matter anymore. As long as cali-shitty is our coach we have a round of 32 cap on what we can do
Uh, I believe they won both games. Any more predictions?

Say a thing
"Really"
Can't prove it
Get pissed about it anyway

This is one of the dumbest interactions. What are you people doing?
The quote came out on another thread. I think Rowland said it. You are just a few weeks behind.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah, he has buried the once proud program the past 9 years. His focus is making himself and a few players rich....not winning games.
This is what I’ve been talking to my friends and family about. This was once a narrative that I believe was started by a “sports writer”. Then a few agreed with him. Then a few more took it even further by saying he doesn’t care whether he wins as long as he gets his players to the league. Then it went even further by he doesn’t care about Kentucky basketball. This went to one person “writing a thought “ for an article to all the blowhards making it fact. It is not fact and never has been fact. It’s just another opinion that got legs and became a horn for all those who never liked Calipari in the first place. I’ve heard it since the day he was here by some. No one works the hours and deals with the crap that a head coach at a prestigious university does unless they want to win.

I deserve it, I reacted in the moment and let past results cloud the current team. They still have to prove it but they are good and I overreacted
you are still young
as you mature you will understand that last year's results have nothing to with this year
i have noticed that on occasion you allow yourself to get sucked in by some of the negative trolls on here
remember they are not UK fans, they are only here to cause discourse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT