ADVERTISEMENT

Need info please.

bigblue7609

Senior
Sep 25, 2009
I have never been to a UK game in my life. I am very fortunate to have come across tickets. It is my wife, my son and I. All I know about the tickets is we enter gate 12. Is this a good area? And what time should we arrive? What goes on during tailgating and things like that? Think you all in advance.

Reactions: kritikalcat
I have never been to a UK game in my life. I am very fortunate to have come across tickets. It is my wife, my son and I. All I know about the tickets is we enter gate 12. Is this a good area? And what time should we arrive? What goes on during tailgating and things like that? Think you all in advance.
You can enter any gate,, just go in the first one you come to depending on where you are parked. Walk around the stadium and get a feel for all the tailgating,, go over by the new training facility where the players and coaches walk into the stadium or if you are early enough watch the Wildcat walk but my memory is sketchy which gate # this is near, just follow the crowd. Usually there is a pre game concert also, it's fun or go watch/listen to the pep band cheerleaders play about an hour before the game. Again, sorry I can't remember the gate #s where all of this goes down but someone here can answer. You and your family will will have a great time pregame and hopefully during the game if we see a big UK win! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Get there as early as you can stand it. Bring some food and some drinks and find a place to hang out. There will be people willing to let you hang everywhere. Go to the Catwalk and scream for the team. When 6:45 comes, its time to go into the stadium. Sing My Old Kentucky Home and watch the Kroge fill up.

Have a great time rooting for our Cats!

One other thing, there is a clear bag policy, I "think" all you are allowed to carry in is a small clear bag so your wife doesn't want to bring a purse that she will have to take back to the car.

Being your one and only game and with your kid , you have to get there early. Bring a football.

My fondest memories of childhood were the one every year or two we got to go up for a game and tailgate. Met numerous players outside while tailgating and just had a great time.

They also now have inflatable slides and air walks. Bunch of things to do.

Get there at least by 4:00 and enjoy yourselves. I'm jealous. Can't make it. We're winning This game

Reactions: UKvisitor
Thank you all for the help. Might try to toss a football around but it will be tough. My son has lymphoma and has had a tough last year with chemo. His social worker has worked her tail off securing these tickets for us. He can walk but moves really slow. Is it a long walk from the cat walk to the stadium?

Thank you all for the help. Might try to toss a football around but it will be tough. My son has lymphoma and has had a tough last year with chemo. His social worker has worked her tail off securing these tickets for us. He can walk but moves really slow. Is it a long walk from the cat walk to the stadium?

My mom walks with a cane. She uses the handicap shuttles. People are great and they get you right by the stadium. Just a recommendation, I believe the pick up is right by Cooper and Alumni.

I echo the others in saying I hope you guys have the time of your life and think you will. Don't go as much anymore since by dad can't make the trip and like to sit with him and watch them, but had been going to games since Commonwealth opened and though not every game was big one there's still not much better feeling that walking up to the stadium on a sunny fall Saturday for a college football game. Can't imagine how cool that would be if it were my first time and at the new stadium. Enjoy!

Hope I get the chance to meet you all, especially your son!

I hope you all have a amazing time and get the chance to experience history together. I admire your family and son and wish you all the best!! Go Big Blue!!!

Your son will have a tremendous experience. Win or lose. I'm very happy y'all get Togo.

Suggest you get their early enough where you have time to check out the cat walk, tailgates and just the atmosphere for a big game like this. It may be a little harder to do everything with your son, but just being their is going to be awesome. Most importantly have fun.

Brother, prayers sent.

Gate 12 is the epicenter of the pre-game action - it is where the Catwalk terminates and where the pre-game concert originates. It is just across from the Joe Craft Football Training Facility and the Pioneers' Statue. If you hang out in that area, you won't need to walk far.

If you have any questions or if there is anything you and your family want or need, please let us know.

here's a link to UK's Gameday Information. It provides a lot of information: http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/2016/12/8/_131461808571982051.aspx?id=84

Prayers for you and your family my friend. Hope you have the best day of your life. Especially your son. If you need anything get on here and let your Wildcat family know. We will do our best to help you out.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
A day you guys will NEVER forget. Makes me happy just thinking about it for you. I still remember my first U.K. Game, which just so happened to be with my Dad. It was his first game too. We managed to make it up a couple more times before he passed away, but the first one is always the most special one of all. Just savor every second of it my friend and God Bless you and your family.

God bless you my man, and especially your boy.

Reactions: truckbrandon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT