ADVERTISEMENT

Need help with this question....

Sep 1, 2019
When Patrick Patterson was being recruited, is it true that Dick Vitale said on a broadcast that Patrick Patterson would be a fool NOT to go to play for Duke and Coach K?

If true, was he reprimanded in any way?

It is hard for me to believe that all of the other schools that were recruiting him didn't go nuts wanting Vitale face some kind of punishment. Back then the NCAA still had some power and you would have thought they would have wanted some punishment as well.

Someone recently told me this and I didn't know if it was true or not.

Thanks in advance.

When Patrick Patterson was being recruited, is it true that Dick Vitale said on a broadcast that Patrick Patterson would be a fool NOT to go to play for Duke and Coach K?

If true, was he reprimanded in any way?

It is hard for me to believe that all of the other schools that were recruiting him didn't go nuts wanting Vitale face some kind of punishment. Back then the NCAA still had some power and you would have thought they would have wanted some punishment as well.

Someone recently told me this and I didn't know if it was true or not.

Thanks in advance.
I dont remember his exact words but he definitely was lobbying “on air” for Patterson to go to Duke . Part of it was his Duke love but part of it was his wanting to punish the UK fans for “running tubby off” . I’m sure you’ve seen the video where he is attacking the UK fans and being angry that we were going after Billy Donavon . He said he would personally come out of retirement to take the Florida job so he could beat us . I guess he forgot how much he sucked as a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT